Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 10-12-2011, 01:02 PM   #21
ULFGARD

Default Re: Your, best WTF moment in gaming.

GURPS homebrew fantasy campaign...

I don't recall what the "mission" was, but for some reason, the PCs decided to get into a really big battle with a gang of dock thugs. Much carnage ensued. Midway through the fight, one of the players looks over to me and says, "So why are we fighting these guys anyway?" The only response I could give, since they weren't even slightly relevant to the plot of the adventure or any of the campaign arcs, was "I have no idea." What did they win? The fight. And a powerful new enemy.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #22
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Cade View Post
A few years ago Century Arms had a batch of Polish Tantal 5.45mm AKs assembled and their contractor cut the bore diameter to 5.56 specs....
http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/a...DSC01687-1.jpg
That's a hilarious picture. Well done on whoever used the same sheet for the two groupings, very illustrative, great image composition ;)
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #23
The Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Cade View Post
A few years ago Century Arms had a batch of Polish Tantal 5.45mm AKs assembled and their contractor cut the bore diameter to 5.56 specs....
http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/a...DSC01687-1.jpg
The ones in the top right hit the target sideways?
The Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #24
Danukian

I used to play with a guy who was a perpetual WTF machine. One of his trademarks was killing/injuring multiple PCs in any campaign where grenades or grenade-like weapons were available: Some of them were bad luck, some Player Stupidity, often a combination - like the time he crit-failed tossing a grenade out of the express elevator the party was in as the doors were closing.

A great WTF happens now moment was when a 1st time player found a small bag of holding: after putting several random items into the bag and turning it shaking it to see if they made a noise, he decided to turn the bag inside out...

Another memorable one: A player was privy to information about 3 bottles of Oil of Slipperiness being inside a treasure chest - but since his character was separated from the party, he couldn't share this info. My initial plan was to have the bottles break when the lock was forced open (the only lock picker was the separated PC), and all the treasure would be slipping and sliding all over the place. End result was FAR more humorous: after carefully getting around the lock (IDR how), one player decides his PC will drink one of the "potions" and see how it would affect his character.... He dubbed the remaining bottles Oil of Exlax.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:09 PM   #25
Eben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danukian View Post
A great WTF happens now moment was when a 1st time player found a small bag of holding: after putting several random items into the bag and turning it shaking it to see if they made a noise, he decided to turn the bag inside out...
So.. what happens when you do that?
Eben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #26
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eben View Post
Divide by zero.... messy.
Flyndaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #27
Anthony

Quote:
The rules don't say. Sounds like a perfectly legitimate experiment to me, though given D&D rules on extradimensional spaces inside of extradimensional spaces, possibly hazardous to the experimenter's health.
Anthony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:06 PM   #28
Danukian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Divide by zero.... messy.
According to one option from an old Dungeon magizine from the late 80's/early 90's: You turn the universe inside out, Game Over. We decided the bag was gone, and a permanent invisible dense spot hovered in that spot - it was used to the party's advantage once or twice.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:13 PM   #29
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danukian View Post
I used to play with a guy who was a perpetual one player decides his PC will drink one of the "potions" and see how it would affect his character.... He dubbed the remaining bottles Oil of Exlax.
I saw a PC required to do that knowingly. We had no idea WTF the metal cube with a conical hole through it was, and were a thousand miles from anyone who could identify it. So we experimented, until we got as far as asking the rather refined lady bard to see if she could get any music out of it. Somehow, she managed to swallow it. And someone had an oil of slipperiness with them...
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #30
Eben

Cool. If its an option, I'd have made it explode or do something odd to the character.
Eben is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad player, gaming, gun, wtf