Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-11-2021, 08:57 AM   #1
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Call for Playtesters: GURPS Infinite Worlds: Nightreign

We are seeking playtesters for GURPS Infinite Worlds: Nightreign, by James Amaral and Joshua Lopez. This medium-length (55- to 60-page) worldbook describes a timeline where mysterious supernatural forces have turned things very grim indeed for Colonial America: The year is 1788, the sun seems to have set for good, and humanity's brave few champions fight overwhelming evil with flintlocks, imperfect magic, and their wits. This could be a destination for Infinite Worlds personnel or a gritty TL5 fantasy world in its own right.

We are looking for applicants familiar with GURPS Infinite Worlds or 18th-century American history . . . preferably both! Given the subject matter, knowledge of GURPS Horror, GURPS Magic, GURPS Low-Tech, GURPS High-Tech (at least the TL5 parts), and GURPS Powers would be useful as well. Fresh eyes are always valuable, though – feel free to apply if you believe you have something to contribute.

The playtest is currently scheduled to run for about one month, from June 28, 2021 to July 30, 2021. Please submit your application ASAP.

Preferential playtest slots will be given to those who have spent at least $50 on PDFs from Warehouse 23 in the past calendar year, though this is not a requirement. For more, see the general playtest information page.

Prospective playtesters should email Roger Burton West at pt-nightreign@firedrake.org with [playtest] in the subject. Include your preferred email address for the closed playtest mailing list, your name as you wish it to appear in the published supplement, your Warehouse 23 login name, and a few words on why we should pick you: qualifications, experience, current gaming group(s), etc. Please use this format:

Code:
1788@darkness.com
Elizabeth Ross
witchbetsy

I've been running GURPS campaigns since 1988, including many GURPS Infinite Worlds games over the past 17 years. I have playtest credit on three previous supplements, and I own and am familiar with all of the GURPS books you mentioned. I also have two degrees in American history, and wrote my master's thesis on folk beliefs and witch hunts in Colonial America.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 04:44 PM   #2
Alden Loveshade

Default Re: Call for Playtesters: GURPS Infinite Worlds: Nightreign

One playtest ends (mine ended yesterday), another begins....

Sounds like a fascinating concept! I know it's pretty useless to post, "I'd be interested, but...." But I'll do it anyway.

I'd be interested, but I'm finishing up the final draft of the previously playtested book. Nightreign does sound like a book I'll want to get once it's out!
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:07 AM   #3
Emerikol

Default Re: Call for Playtesters: GURPS Infinite Worlds: Nightreign

I'm not ready just yet but I will jump on the playtest bandwagon perhaps next time around. Would a picture of all my books purchased for 4e weigh in my favor?

By then I may have the pdf amount covered anyway.

Also, I think a good worldbook on playing in the colonial era in general might be fun. Perhaps in the period 1740 to 1780.

This book looks good.
Emerikol is offline   Reply With Quote