Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2022, 01:38 AM   #41
scimon

Default Re: New Shopify Store!

Quote:
So, did BREXIT bork all that?
Basically yes, since Brexit a number of companies have decided it's too much hassle to ship to the UK until things are sorted out.

And that seems to be taking forever.
MIB #0366. Scotland.
Old 08-19-2022, 03:34 AM   #42
Dark

Should MIB wait, due to, points and other secret stuff?
Old 08-19-2022, 06:43 AM   #43
Philip Villarreal
Warehouse 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
Should MIB wait, due to, points and other secret stuff?
We are working on how the store will handle MIBs, and will let you all know when we can test that part.
Old 08-19-2022, 09:05 AM   #44
JAA

Report possible error:

I cannot see Cars Wars Miniature Set 4 anywhere. It exists. If it is out-of-stock, could it still be listed, but with an OOS marker. But, delisting it makes it difficult to know if it is discontinued or just OOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Žorkell View Post
Last time I checked they shipped to Iceland. Yes, it was stupidly expensive but the option was there. If they do that I fail to see why they wouldn't ship to the UK. They also shipped to the EU.

So, did BREXIT bork all that?
I know small US companies that still sell to the UK. I have bought from them with no problem.

Nothing has changed for small companies that do not want to sign up to UK VAT. You just put on the paperwork that VAT is not paid. It is therefore no different for the US company compared with before Brexit. It still gets stopped at UK customs. They send a card to the recipient to claim the VAT + handling fee. The recipient pays over the phone or even online. It arrives next day at your house.

If the US company wants to sell to the EU and sign up for EU VAT, it is exactly the same process as for signing up for UK VAT.

I noted the new Steve Jackson Aquarium project WILL sell to the UK. How is that different?
Old 08-19-2022, 09:20 AM   #45
Philip Villarreal
Warehouse 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAA View Post
Report possible error:

I cannot see Cars Wars Miniature Set 4 anywhere. It exists. If it is out-of-stock, could it still be listed, but with an OOS marker. But, delisting it makes it difficult to know if it is discontinued or just OOS.

I know small US companies that still sell to the UK. I have bought from them with no problem.

Nothing has changed for small companies that do not want to sign up to UK VAT. You just put on the paperwork that VAT is not paid. It is therefore no different for the US company compared with before Brexit. It still gets stopped at UK customs. They send a card to the recipient to claim the VAT + handling fee. The recipient pays over the phone or even online. It arrives next day at your house.

If the US company wants to sell to the EU and sign up for EU VAT, it is exactly the same process as for signing up for UK VAT.

I noted the new Steve Jackson Aquarium project WILL sell to the UK. How is that different?
I'm able to find it: https://sjg-warehouse-23.myshopify.c...niatures-set-4

What were you putting in the search bar when looking for it? Or was it not showing up in the Car Wars section?

Let's refrain from discussing the UK/Brexit/shipping and keep this thread on the new store to avoid clutter. We know it's an issue, we are working on it and are trying new things. We just want to make sure before we implement anything that we are doing it properly to avoid any tax trouble.
Old 08-19-2022, 09:51 AM   #46
JAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Villarreal View Post
I'm able to find it: https://sjg-warehouse-23.myshopify.c...niatures-set-4

What were you putting in the search bar when looking for it? Or was it not showing up in the Car Wars section?
It is not showing up in the Car Wars section.

The things I did.

1. Go to the W23 website: https://sjg-warehouse-23.myshopify.com/

2. Click the Car Wars Tab at the top.

3. Go down to the first left/right scrollable list with the Car Wars Core Set at the start. Then click the scroll right button. The mini set 4 is not there. (Its not something simple like mini set 4 is the last item in the list and the code is accidently only going to the one before that. Ie length of the array is being messed up? Or perhaps you have flagged it in the wrong section in the database. Eg under Munchkin.)

PS. Is there any way to get all the Car Wars stuff in the old fashion column and row table of products and use the built in **browser** scroll bar on the right? This new way is not as user friendly IMO.

Last edited by JAA; 08-19-2022 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-19-2022, 10:01 AM   #47
Philip Villarreal
Warehouse 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAA View Post
It is not showing up in the Car Wars section.

The things I did.

1. Go to the W23 website: https://sjg-warehouse-23.myshopify.com/

2. Click the Car Wars Tab at the top.

3. Go down to the first left/right scrollable list with the Car Wars Core Set at the start. Then click the scroll right button. The mini set 4 is not there. (Its not something simple like mini set 4 is the last item in the list and the code is accidently only going to the one before that. Ie length of the array is being messed up? Or perhaps you have flagged it in the wrong section in the database. Eg under Munchkin.)

PS. Is there any way to get all the Car Wars stuff in the old fashion column and row table of products and use the built in **browser** scroll bar on the right? This new way is not as user friendly IMO.
Ah! That section is limited to the # of products displayed. I may have to rearrange them to make more sense

And you can, though I have to admit we may need to change how to get there. On the Homepage if you click the Car Wars image under "game collections" it should look very similar to the old site.

Hope that helps! And thanks for the feedback
Old 08-19-2022, 02:31 PM   #48
the-croupier

Just picked up a GURPS pdf, and everything seemed to work well--especially for a soft launch! The only downsides to the interface I saw were:

1) The search box updating as I typed, which was more frustrating than useful. I've seen this used elsewhere, and it never seems to work well, more often causing me to mistype and then have to backup and retype, with the page constantly updating as I do it. I would much rather have search engage only after hitting the return key.

2) It wasn't immediately obvious where I should go to download the file I just bought. After a little hunting around I found it, of course, but it would be nice if the interface gave me a download button, or even better gave me a link to my library of purchases after the transaction.
Old 08-19-2022, 09:05 PM   #49
maxterdragon2949

I am trying to check out and use the Munchkin code but it isn't working. My cart has Munchkin Turtle Carnage, Munchkin Shakespeare Staged Demo, and a Munchkin Jumbo d6. The total before everything is 22.90. Is the code only for a single Munchkin item $20 or over or for a cart of Munchkin items $20 or over?
Old 08-19-2022, 10:55 PM   #50
Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-croupier View Post
Just picked up a GURPS pdf, and everything seemed to work well--especially for a soft launch! The only downsides to the interface I saw were:

1) The search box updating as I typed, which was more frustrating than useful. I've seen this used elsewhere, and it never seems to work well, more often causing me to mistype and then have to backup and retype, with the page constantly updating as I do it. I would much rather have search engage only after hitting the return key.

2) It wasn't immediately obvious where I should go to download the file I just bought. After a little hunting around I found it, of course, but it would be nice if the interface gave me a download button, or even better gave me a link to my library of purchases after the transaction.
I second both of these notes, particularly the first. Either let people click or Enter to search or have a timer of about half a second of no further typing for the auto update to engage.
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Closed Thread