Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-30-2016, 03:12 AM   #41
Tomsdad

Default Re: Martial Arts: Polearm/Quarterstaff/Weapon Adaptation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
Why +4? You seem to be offering to apply the general and the specific example of the rule twice. Don't do it twice.
Yep hence my point about applying the +2 mentioned in the listing for staff skill to all weapons listed in staff skill (except that those with U, as per the Kromm Klarification you cited)?

You intimated that this is correct (and that you do so), I pointed out that that would mean adding +2 to al those with +2 in their listings, hence +4.

As I said in my first post on this, that is indeed double dipping.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 03:35 AM   #42
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsdad View Post
Yep hence my point about applying the +2 mentioned in the listing for staff skill to all weapons listed in staff skill (except that those with U, as per the Kromm Klarification you cited)?

You intimated that this is correct (and that you do so), I pointed out that that would mean adding +2 to al those with +2 in their listings, hence +4.

As I said in my first post on this, that is indeed double dipping.
I said to add it to all such skills, not to add it twice. The +2 listed in the Staff-skill part of the weapon table is the same instance of the bonus as the +2 added by the skill. It's a case of a specific rule restating a general rule, doing the same thing.
Perhaps we misunderstood each other's wordings, resulting in the double-dip misinterpretation between us.
Old 01-30-2016, 03:54 AM   #43
Tomsdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
I said to add it to all such skills, not to add it twice. The +2 listed in the Staff-skill part of the weapon table is the same instance of the bonus as the +2 added by the skill. It's a case of a specific rule restating a general rule, doing the same thing.
Perhaps we misunderstood each other's wordings, resulting in the double-dip misinterpretation between us.
Quite likely!

Cheers

TD
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crunch, martial arts, raw, skills