Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > SJ Games Discussion

Old 08-27-2017, 11:07 PM   #1
Qoltar
Pike's Pique

Default Safe and sound? Everybody okay?

To : All SJG employees, staffers, writers...

Wasn't sure where to put this thought since we don't have Gen Chat any more - but honestly hope and pray all the Steve Jackson staff, employees, their family and friends are safe with the recent Hurricane happening.

Each year at Gen Com I meet some of you at Gen Con and you're all nice and good people.

Stay safe....

- Ed C.
You can't take the sky from me....

A vote for charity: http://s3.silent-tower.org/TheKlingonVotes/index.html
Qoltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:07 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Safe and sound? Everybody okay?

So far, other than some minor roof leaks, I think most folks in the Austin office came out of the storm with no problems. The office didn't flood, which is always a plus.

A couple of hours from here, in Houston and points further south, they haven't been so lucky. Please keep them in your thoughts and maybe send a few bucks to a relief org if you're lucky enough to have extra right now.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:14 PM   #3
Damon Griffin

I think my part of San Antonio (slightly north of downtown) got less than 1" of rain all weekend. I feel very bad for Houston and the coast, but am glad I don't live there. We're collecting food and cash at work.
Damon Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 05:23 PM   #4
Buzzardo

I think we got about nine inches of rain here in North Austin. A major event but not a disaster. I had a power outage for about three hours on Saturday night. I took it as an occasion to read. I looked at the Austin Energy outage map a couple times during the event, and their crews were busy, as one might expect. Still, they kept folks in power pretty well, given a tropical storm (we didn't get hurricane strength here in Austin).

As Andrew said, the real damage is happening in and near Houston. Whole neighborhoods are underwater, and Harvey has gone out into the Gulf before it'll make a turn to make a third (!) landfall near Houston. Consequently, Houston will get a great deal more rain, and the people there can't deal with what they have now.

Slate magazine has a page about where to donate. I agree that food banks seem especially relevant. A lot of folks are going to need to eat in the coming months, and they just lost their homes as well as, in many cases, their jobs. (A lot of businesses are getting destroyed, too.)

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote