Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 05-20-2023, 09:09 AM   #1
Cammagno

Default Missing Identity (SpongeBob)

is this card supposed to be a 'Usable once only' card (as I think), or can be kept in play and have its effect whenever the player is missing s Class or species?

BTW, are questions about USAopoly products allowed and welcome in this forum?
Cammagno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 05:27 PM   #2
Mr_Draco

Default Re: Missing Identity (SpongeBob)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammagno View Post
is this card supposed to be a 'Usable once only' card (as I think), or can be kept in play and have its effect whenever the player is missing s Class or species?

BTW, are questions about USAopoly products allowed and welcome in this forum?
Only Items and Ally's are ever kept in play, unless they say "Usable once only". Every other card is discarded after played. Missing Identity is not an Item or an Ally card so it is discarded after being played.

I posted this in your other thread but since it applies to one of your questions here;

You're more than welcome to come here with questions and discussions about USopoly's Munchkin games.

Thing is, SJG didn't design any of the cards so they don't know the true intent of the card so any misprints or errata for specific cards would have to come from USopoly. And unless the mistakes get reported to them, chances of it being fixed in a future printing will be slim to none.

Last edited by Mr_Draco; 05-20-2023 at 05:32 PM.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 06:40 AM   #3
Cammagno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
I posted this in your other thread but since it applies to one of your questions here;
You're more than welcome to come here with questions and discussions about USopoly's Munchkin games.
Thing is, SJG didn't design any of the cards so they don't know the true intent of the card so any misprints or errata for specific cards would have to come from USopoly. And unless the mistakes get reported to them, chances of it being fixed in a future printing will be slim to none.
Thanks for your clarification, I've got it now.
It's a pity that USAopoly has no dedicated channel for these type of comunication (that I know of)

Quote:
Only Items and Ally's are ever kept in play, unless they say "Usable once only". Every other card is discarded after played. Missing Identity is not an Item or an Ally card so it is discarded after being played.
Well, this is not entirely correct.
There are several Cards that aren't Items or Allies (or Item/Class/Race Enhancers) and are kept in play, for example:
Last Laugh (temporarily), Grow Two Feet, Brains! (Oz), Courage! (Oz), Heart! (Oz), Footicles (Chtulhu), Sticky Head (Chtulhu), On Fire (Zombie) ...
My doubt was if Missing Identity could be one of them (even if I believed it was more probable it was not).
I take your answer (for which I'm grateful) as "Missing Identity is not one of these few cards" :)

Last edited by Cammagno; 05-21-2023 at 06:46 AM.
Old 05-21-2023, 07:25 AM   #4
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammagno View Post
Well, this is not entirely correct.
There are several Cards that aren't Items or Allies (or Item/Class/Race Enhancers) and are kept in play, for example:
Last Laugh (temporarily), Grow Two Feet, Brains! (Oz), Courage! (Oz), Heart! (Oz), Footicles (Chtulhu), Sticky Head (Chtulhu), On Fire (Zombie) ...
My doubt was if Missing Identity could be one of them (even if I believed it was more probable it was not).
I take your answer (for which I'm grateful) as "Missing Identity is not one of these few cards" :)
I was trying to keep my answer related just to the Spongebob set.

If you want to talk cards outside of Spongebob, there are more cards to list than the character limit allows lol.
Old 05-21-2023, 03:57 PM   #5
Cammagno

Quote:
I was trying to keep my answer related just to the Spongebob set.
Oh sorry, didn't get it.
objection withdrawn, then :)
Old 05-22-2023, 09:58 AM   #6
Brf

Modifier cards that give a bonus, such as the base game's "Really Impressive Title", are also permanent.
What type of card is "Missing Identity" ?
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 02:30 PM   #7
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brf View Post
Modifier cards that give a bonus, such as the base game's "Really Impressive Title", are also permanent.
What type of card is "Missing Identity" ?
It's a door card that only allows you to steal a class or species card.
Old 05-23-2023, 06:33 AM   #8
Brf

Ah, it is an action card then, not a permanent-bonus card. Action cards are discarded after use.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 01:02 AM   #9
Cammagno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brf View Post
Ah, it is an action card then, not a permanent-bonus card. Action cards are discarded after use.
I also believe it's an action.
I've asked because its wording is a bit unclear, because it starts with "If you are missing a Species or Class card..."
so it could also be a permanent card, that activates its power when this condition comes true. But it's not probable, if this was the intention it probably would say "when..." instead of "if..."

Tags
spongebob