Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Forum Feedback and Help

Old 01-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
Stripe

Default Could We Get the [TT] BB Code Tag please?

Hello!

Could we get the [TT] BB code tag please?

It would make things like posting Dungeon Fantasy monsters, etc., a lot cleaner and easier.

Thanks!
if I can't say 'I'm chaotic evil!'"? —Jeff Freeman
Stripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
Landwalker

Default Re: Could We Get the [TT] BB Code Tag please?

Absolutely, one hundred percent agree. TrueType / Fixed-Width tags other than the horribly inconvenient [CODE] tag would be terrific.
Landwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
Bruno

What's the functional difference between [tt] and [code]?
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
What's the functional difference between [tt] and [code]?
well tt is inline and code is block level.

for those not familiar with HTML terminology I probably should elaborate, an inline tag (like italics) are meant to be mixed in to the text, where as (roughly) block level form their own paragraphs

however TT is effectively just a short cut to: [FONT="Courier New"]test[/FONT] possibly with some foreground and background color changes depended on the webmaster's theme choices

test

Last edited by roguebfl; 01-22-2018 at 08:05 AM.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:59 PM   #5
Aleph
Administrator

This wasn't too hard to add as a custom code.

Normal text vs monospaced text.

The tag is tt or TT
Aleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:29 AM   #6
Stripe

Results of test:

The reason I requested the TT tag was to get the same results as the code box, but without the scroll box. Surprisingly, that did not seem to happen.

Perhaps the PRE tag would work?

Testing...

No tags:

Skeleton Warrior

A walking corpse rotted to animated bones. Carries a rusted, chipped and pitted moon-shaped sword in its right hand, a dented and cracked metal shield in its left. It wears only a broken and charred helmet with a chain coif beneath it.

ST: 10 HP: 10 Speed: 7.5
DX: 14 Will: Move: 7
IQ: 8 Per: 10
HT: 12 FP: N/A SM: 0
Dodge: 11 Parry: 11 DR: 2+Armor
Block: 11 BL: 20
Damage: 1d/1d-2

Weapons (14): Large falchion (1d+2 cut or 1d-3 imp) and shield (1d+1 cr).
Punch (14): 1d-1 cr.

Advantages: Dark Vision; Doesn't Breathe; Doesn't Eat or Drink; Doesn't Sleep; DR 2; High Pain Threshold; Immunity to Metabolic Hazards; Immunity (All mind control); Indomitable; Injury Tolerance (No Blood, No Brain, No Eyes, No Vitals, Unliving); Single-Minded; Temperature Tolerance 10; Unaging; Unfazeable; Vacuum Support.

Disadvantages: Appearance (Monstrous; Universal); Automaton; Cannot Learn; Dependency (Mana; common, constantly); Fragile (Brittle); Fragile (Unnatural); Mute; No Sense of Smell/Taste; Reprogrammable; Skinny; Unhealing (Total); Vulnerability (Crushing Attacks; x2).

Quirks: Cannot Float; Sexless.

Features: Affected by Control Zombie, Pentagram, and Turn Zombie; No mental skills; Skull has only 2 total DR.

Skills: Brawling-14; Broadsword-14; Shield-14.

Equipment: Cheap large falchion ($375; 4.5 lbs.); shield (metallic light small shield with spike; DB 1; $200; 5.25 lbs.; DR 2/HP 12); helmet (cheap-quality horned bascinet with nasal guard and padding; DR 4 to areas 3-4, plus area 5 from the back; 2/6 chance of protecting area 5 from the front; $216, 5.65 lbs.); and coif (cheap-quality heavy mail; DR 4, -2 vs. crushing, to areas 3-4 and 17-18 plus area 5 from the back and 1/6 chance of protecting area 8,12; DR 2, 0 vs. crushing, to area 9; $540; 8.1 lbs.).

Class: Undead.

Notes: Shield DB 1 factored into all defense scores listed above.

CODE tags:

Code:
Skeleton Warrior

A walking corpse rotted to animated bones. Carries a rusted, chipped and pitted moon-shaped sword in its right hand, a dented and cracked metal shield in its left. It wears only a broken and charred helmet with a chain coif beneath it. 

ST: 10     HP: 10     Speed: 7.5
DX: 14     Will:      Move: 7
IQ: 8      Per: 10
HT: 12     FP: N/A    SM: 0
Dodge: 11  Parry: 11  DR: 2+Armor
Block: 11             BL: 20

Advantages: Dark Vision; Doesn't Breathe; Doesn't Eat or Drink; Doesn't Sleep; DR 2; High Pain Threshold; Immunity to Metabolic Hazards; Immunity (All mind control); Indomitable; Injury Tolerance (No Blood, No Brain, No Eyes, No Vitals, Unliving); Single-Minded; Temperature Tolerance 10; Unaging; Unfazeable; Vacuum Support. 

Disadvantages: Appearance (Monstrous; Universal); Automaton; Cannot Learn; Dependency (Mana; common, constantly); Fragile (Brittle); Fragile (Unnatural); Mute; No Sense of Smell/Taste; Reprogrammable; Skinny; Unhealing (Total); Vulnerability (Crushing Attacks; x2).

Features: Affected by Control Zombie, Pentagram, and Turn Zombie; No mental skills; Skull has only 2 total DR.

Equipment: Cheap large falchion ($375; 4.5 lbs.); shield (metallic light small shield with spike; DB 1; $200; 5.25 lbs.; DR 2/HP 12); helmet (cheap-quality horned bascinet with nasal guard and padding; DR 4 to areas 3-4, plus area 5 from the back; 2/6 chance of protecting area 5 from the front; $216, 5.65 lbs.); and coif (cheap-quality heavy mail; DR 4, -2 vs. crushing, to areas 3-4 and 17-18 plus area 5 from the back and 1/6 chance of protecting area 8,12; DR 2, 0 vs. crushing, to area 9; $540; 8.1 lbs.).

TT tags:

Skeleton Warrior

ST: 10 HP: 10 Speed: 7.5
DX: 14 Will: Move: 7
IQ: 8 Per: 10
HT: 12 FP: N/A SM: 0
Dodge: 11 Parry: 11 DR: 2+Armor
Block: 11 BL: 20

Old 01-18-2011, 09:08 AM   #7
Stormcrow

Only CODE (and PRE, if it's added) will preserve whitespace, which is also required for stat blocks.
Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #8
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
Only CODE (and PRE, if it's added) will preserve whitespace, which is also required for stat blocks.
That is how the web works, unless you throw in the 'non-breaking space' characters. Just useing a monospaced font like TT does not change this.

The real problem for you then is no support for HTML escape characters, or the lack of table support.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #9
Stripe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
Yeah, it was PRE I should have initially requested. It was a toss up in my memory, TT or PRE and I chose TT to request.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:38 PM   #10
Stripe

Okay, well thanks anyways.

Tags
font, monospace