Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #11
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: Grappled & Ranged Attacks: Martial Arts vs. Tactical Shooting vs. Technical Grapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
Short version is using arms without hands can be treated with No Manipulators if that level of grit is required. I think - from memory - that is a -30% to trained st. That's basically -1 per die.
Interestingly, that looks to be the same both for No Fine Manipulators and for "Arms that do not have a hand, suction cups, gecko-hairs, or hooking claws – but enough of a grip to not qualify for No Fine Manipulators".

(No Manipulators necessarily precludes having limbs to grapple with.)
Old 11-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #12
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Grappled & Ranged Attacks: Martial Arts vs. Tactical Shooting vs. Technical Grapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth View Post
Interestingly, that looks to be the same both for No Fine Manipulators and for "Arms that do not have a hand, suction cups, gecko-hairs, or hooking claws – but enough of a grip to not qualify for No Fine Manipulators".

(No Manipulators necessarily precludes having limbs to grapple with.)
Yeah, there's an erratum there I'm working w Steven on.

Specifically, drop "fine" and make it not enough to qualify for no Manipulators. I took there to be a continuum from NFM to NM to No Arms.

Last edited by DouglasCole; 11-04-2013 at 11:09 AM.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #13
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
whcih means an AoA(Determined)/Telegraphic attack would offset +5 to hit for a pseudo-melee "ranged" attack with a gun.
Shouldn't that be +8? Determined attack for melee weapons is +4 and so is Telegraphic attack.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #14
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Shouldn't that be +8? Determined attack for melee weapons is +4 and so is Telegraphic attack.
Yes, it should.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #15
Ulzgoroth

Quote:
Yeah, there's an erratum there I'm working w Steven on.

Specifically, drop "fine" and make it not enough to qualify for no Manipulators. I took there to be a continuum from NFM to NM to No Arms.
Doesn't No Manipulators imply no arms and then some? As Technical Grappling implies, you can't make any limb strikes with No Manipulators, and can't leg grapple.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #16
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth View Post
Doesn't No Manipulators imply no arms and then some? As Technical Grappling implies, you can't make any limb strikes with No Manipulators, and can't leg grapple.
Rereading, you're right. No Manipulators is many things, among which is shorthand for SNAKE.

No Fine Manipulators is -40% and has the 0.3xST instead of 0.5xST impact for an arm (or 0.6xST for a pair of arms).

No Grasping Hand seems to say, currently, that "yes, you can manipulate objects, perform repairs, and whatnot, but your grip is still just as bas as with No Fine Manipulators." It is also currently worth -40%.

I'll take this offline, and see what we see.

Tags
grappling, martial arts, ranged attacks, tactical shooting, technical grappling