Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 06-07-2021, 01:04 PM   #1
psydraco

Default Holy Skills (Esoteric Medicine and Exorcism) and Power Investiture question

Hi, friends!

Does this two skills gain bonus from Power Ivestiture (Holy)?

As in Adventurers p. 20
Quote:
Add its level (maximum six) to all rolls required to use Holy abilities.
So it does not include the two Holly Skills Esoteric Medicine and Exorcism because the book separete Holy Skills from Holy Abilities?

Or I can consider Holy Skills as Holy Abilities and, for example a Cleric can have Healer and add both PI bonus and Healer bonus to Esoteric Medicine?

Thanks!
psydraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 01:18 PM   #2
Celjabba

Default Re: Holy Skills (Esoteric Medicine and Exorcism) and Power Investiture question

Quote:
Originally Posted by psydraco View Post
Hi, friends!

Does this two skills gain bonus from Power Ivestiture (Holy)?

As in Adventurers p. 20

So it does not include the two Holly Skills Esoteric Medicine and Exorcism because the book separete Holy Skills from Holy Abilities?

Or I can consider Holy Skills as Holy Abilities and, for example a Cleric can have Healer and add both PI bonus and Healer bonus to Esoteric Medicine?

Thanks!
The PI bonus doesn't add to Exorcism or Esoteric Medicine.

Neither the template nor the sample characters show it, anyway.
Celjabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 03:19 AM   #3
psydraco

Default Re: Holy Skills (Esoteric Medicine and Exorcism) and Power Investiture question

Thanks! I was thinking this way but I was afraid of beeing unfair so needed proper confirmation.
psydraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 09:04 AM   #4
tbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by psydraco View Post
Thanks! I was thinking this way but I was afraid of beeing unfair so needed proper confirmation.
Yep, Celjabba has it right. If you want to see the official word from Kromm about clerics' special skills not receiving the bonus from PI, see this thread:
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=166690

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote