Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Card Games

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2021, 04:55 AM   #1
LoFCardTales

Default LoF Card Tales tryout

Hello,

hope you are keeping well and safe!
I would like to recommend a new card game that plays very much like a RPG, and thus a good adaptation for Board Games.

Imagine all those RPG that you love; the excitement with real-time combat, and the strategic reward in making the right choice at the right time!
Of having the different classes and capitalising on their strengths in battle?
The anticipation of all happening simultaneously while you have nanoseconds to decide and make the next move…
But what if you had a card game that could emulate this unique experience? “LoF: Card Tales” aims to do just that.

I am currently working on the game with very limited available publicly, but ready to demo the game if anyone would like to try.
Reach out on the thread Or message me directly with your interest and we can setup a Demo.
Here's how I genuinely see the game; happy to take critics once you try it out!

Card Structure link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10FKme6bnvKSgxPSgC501PugHQkugKAog/view

Some of the issues addressed, making ‘LoF: Card Tales’ a unique TCG, are:
- No mana screw / mana flood
- Truly countless strategies, with no genuine power creep, as each Hero (3 per game) have their inherent strengths and weaknesses – irrespective of what cards you play
- Realistic opportunity to play all cards of your deck (all you assembled to use), minimising chance of not ever getting to see the best cards
- Game turns happen simultaneously, without the drawback of cards not impacting gameplay. Also, a game cannot drag endlessly as there are limited turns to test your wits.
- Rather than Card Quantity, there is a focus on Card Quality so that all players can be on par at a start of a Game and enjoy putting their Heroes to the test

See you on the battlefield!

Last edited by LoFCardTales; 04-30-2021 at 01:01 AM.
LoFCardTales is offline   Reply With Quote