Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
deinol

Default Returning to GURPS

I haven't played GURPS in a while but I have off and on for years. We're thinking of running a Supers game sometime soon (relative term, whenever my current Pathfinder game wraps up) and I've been looking to see what is new in the world of GURPS. I put some thoughts on my blog and figured I'd share them with people here.

Last edited by deinol; 09-10-2010 at 10:39 AM.
deinol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
nanoboy

Default Re: Returning to GURPS

Yeah, 4E does supers very, very well. I played in a supers game, and it was a blast. (My character was a luck-power based character who was really fun to play.) If you want recommendations, I suggest you get Powers and Supers, the former being more important than the latter.
nanoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #3
Phantasm

I agree with nanoboy, and highly recommend several others: Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, if you wish to have someone like Gambit who can charge up anything, or Yondu who can make arrows change course in mid-flight; Power-Ups 2: Perks, for a snotload of flavorful little extras; Psionic Powers, for a bunch of premade easy-to-insert abilities and several new modifiers; and Martial Arts, for the expanded combat options. The -Tech books are also handy for equipping your characters - or your super-team. I don't have them yet myself, but the Action! books are also highly recommended by others on the forums.

And, if your players are like my old gaming group, when you ask for "supers" they give you a party of half-demon sorceresses, genies, half-angels, leather-clad flaming skeleton bikers, and other supernatural entities, Magic and Thaumatology come in very handy.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting

Last edited by Phantasm; 10-10-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Phantasm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:59 AM   #4
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
I agree with nanoboy, and highly recommend several others: Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, if you wish to have someone like Gambit who can charge up anything
I second this. In my game, Imbuements was also used to simulate uber-presure points of the Fist of the North Star flavour
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:05 PM   #5
deinol

The game we'll be playing is a low powered (300 points) Lucha Libra Supers game, so Martial Arts will definitely be used.
deinol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:58 PM   #6
Kenshiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
I second this. In my game, Imbuements was also used to simulate uber-presure points of the Fist of the North Star flavour
Can you share the rules that you used ?
Kenshiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blog, blogs, gurps, new gm, supers