Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-27-2022, 10:01 AM   #1641
Hide

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
They are immediately across the hall from each other.
In the map, the blocks are the golden and grey squares, right?

Let’s say the hall is the “===” and that each number in brackets represents block/room. Are you saying that enemies are, for example, in blocks [01] and [08]?

_____ [01] [02] [04] [05] [06]
=======================
[07] [08] [09] [10] [11] [12]

And, regarding the doors, what I would like to understand is whether [01] and the rest of the blocks have only one door, or if there are other doors that enemies could use to escape.
Old 10-27-2022, 10:23 AM   #1642
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
In the map, the blocks are the golden and grey squares, right?

Let’s say the hall is the “===” and that each number in brackets represents block/room. Are you saying that enemies are, for example, in blocks [01] and [08]?

_____ [01] [02] [04] [05] [06]
=======================
[07] [08] [09] [10] [11] [12]

And, regarding the doors, what I would like to understand is whether [01] and the rest of the blocks have only one door, or if there are other doors that enemies could use to escape.

The grey squares, to be specific. Golden squares are solid power conduits. Or on deck 2 they are storage cells, but you're not on deck 2.

There is a single door into each block like [01], and the enemies are in blocks like [01] and [08], or [04] and [10].

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 04:46 PM   #1643
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
They do in fact, just sit there and surrender. They seem to be expecting you. The ones giving the most trouble are in bed and trying to ignore it all.
I make a remark about them splitting into a surrender mess and resistance mess. I send half the guards back and have the other half get to work ziptieing and dragging off this mess (Deck 19 like the others). Let's take care of these messes before handling whoever's still at work.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 12:00 AM   #1644
Hide

Quote:
(...) There is a single door into each block like [01], and the enemies are in blocks like [01] and [08], or [04] and [10].
Thanks!

Pacifica tells her team to get ready for action.

First, they will wait for 5 minutes and do some observation checks to perceive enemy movement.
Pacifica: Observation (14) 9.

She and the stealthiest crewman of her team will move first, from the direction that doesn't allow the enemy seeing them coming through the threshold.

Pacifica: Displacement (14-2) 10, Stealth (15+4) 14.

The rest will also do stealth.

Pacifica and the stealthy crewman will quietly and quickly lock one of the doors, each. (I would like to call for danger sense and exposition sense to pick the door that proves the safest to lock).

If the enemies charge, the remaining 4 crewmen will be within 3 yards of range from the doors (they get this close using stealth), 2 people pointing at each door with their guns. This distance is enough to eliminate range penalties and if somebody needs help locking a door, the crewmen could also charge and help (instead of shooting). The priority is not to shoot. But if enemies get out, then they shoot. The "gunners" are approaching from a direction that doesn't allow the doors to serve as cover for the enemies.
Old 10-31-2022, 09:08 AM   #1645
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I make a remark about them splitting into a surrender mess and resistance mess. I send half the guards back and have the other half get to work ziptieing and dragging off this mess (Deck 19 like the others). Let's take care of these messes before handling whoever's still at work.
"Sir, this is a small fraction of the mess that should be here. Most of them are gone."

They detain and zip tie the prisoners.

Quote:
Pacifica tells her team to get ready for action.

First, they will wait for 5 minutes and do some observation checks to perceive enemy movement.

She and the stealthiest crewman of her team will move first, from the direction that doesn't allow the enemy seeing them coming through the threshold.

Pacifica: Displacement (14-2) 10, Stealth (15+4) 14.
That direction is impossible, because that's the direction of the locked door.

Are you extending your displacement over the other crewman?

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 10-31-2022, 10:26 AM   #1646
TGLS

Quote:
"Sir, this is a small fraction of the mess that should be here. Most of them are gone."

They detain and zip tie the prisoners.
"Well that's why we're searching the ship right? Catch any stragglers? Take the prisoners to deck 19 and place them with the others. I'll check the situation on deck 1 before we proceed down there."

I go check on Deck 1; try to slip onto the deck without being noticed.

Quote:
[[1181] 22-10-31 17:24:29 CET
Observation
3d6 <= 13
5 + 3 + 2 = 10 ... success

[1180] 22-10-31 17:24:05 CET
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
3 + 4 + 4 = 11 ... success

[1179] 22-10-31 17:23:54 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 15
2 + 2 + 4 = 8 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 11:16 AM   #1647
Hide

Quote:
That direction is impossible, because that's the direction of the locked door.
Got it, let's move using the available path. We shall focus on locking the doors and shooting in emergency.

Quote:
Are you extending your displacement over the other crewman?
Yes, for as long as it's beneficial for the party.
Old 11-01-2022, 03:38 PM   #1648
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
The sergeant evades being touched, citing military protocol and moving somewhat, and suggests that he bring in the other NCOs.

Saviore Faire roll by sergant... its a pretty good roll: 7 vs a skill of 13, for a success by 6. You can either beat his roll, or blatantly break protocol.
[1182] 22-11-01 22:34:51 CET

Savoir-Faire

3d6 <= 15
1 + 6 + 5 = 12 ... success

Daymar does not beat the Sergant's savoir-faire roll. He will blatantly break protocol and hope the repeated mental surgery attempt works.
Old 11-04-2022, 08:42 AM   #1649
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"Well that's why we're searching the ship right? Catch any stragglers? Take the prisoners to deck 19 and place them with the others. I'll check the situation on deck 1 before we proceed down there."

I go check on Deck 1; try to slip onto the deck without being noticed.
Deck 1 is empty, though verifying that takes time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar does not beat the Sergant's savoir-faire roll. He will blatantly break protocol and hope the repeated mental surgery attempt works.
The sergant tries to dodge. Make an unarmed attack roll or DX roll.

Quote:
Got it, let's move using the available path. We shall focus on locking the doors and shooting in emergency.

Yes, for as long as it's beneficial for the party.
Everyone is in place. Two shooters with weapons trained on each door, and Pacifica and the largest security officer ready to slam each door shut.

Old 11-04-2022, 02:43 PM   #1650
Hide

Quote:
(...)Everyone is in place. Two shooters with weapons trained on each door, and Pacifica and the largest security officer ready to slam each door shut.
Pacifica signals for action; she allows for her ally take action almost a split second before her and make an opening for her exposition sense to trigger. Is the door simply ajar or is there something else waiting for them?*

OOC: I want to avoid touching a rigged door*