Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-23-2022, 08:34 AM   #1221
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll walk up to him and start whispering to him.
"We're taking control of the life support systems now. Subverted security are going to enter at any moment, don't resist. They've been ordered to shoot everyone who doesn't surrender. Can you recall other life support crew from this location? Can you get your other crew to surrender?"
I take it Hua is still invisible?

"My shift is spread out all over the ship. I could get them to surrender, but only if you have armed men present to surrender to, and it'd take half an hour or more. I can send the folks here away if you want me to. Where do you want them?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar will do so, critical success on the first, success by 5 on the second
You think it worked!

Quote:
Daymar asks Pookivo, "How close can we get without being spotted? If I can get within 10 yards or so, I can likely have one the disarm the other."
4 yards is the distance at which they remain calm, because you can act as though you are walking by instead of through the door they are guarding.

Quote:
He wants to know what group to put Pacifica with
Hide, we're waiting on this to start your assualt.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 11:54 AM   #1222
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I take it Hua is still invisible?
Of course.

Quote:
"My shift is spread out all over the ship. I could get them to surrender, but only if you have armed men present to surrender to, and it'd take half an hour or more."
"Are any of them likely to come back here in the next ten, twenty minutes? What about the other three life support locations?"

Quote:
"I can send the folks here away if you want me to. Where do you want them?"
"Just make sure they don't do anything stupid."
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 02:43 PM   #1223
GnomesofZurich

Quote:

4 yards is the distance at which they remain calm, because you can act as though you are walking by instead of through the door they are guarding.
Okay, Daymar will approach, with one of the other security as his buddy, and use Suggestion on him (roll factors in -2 range penalty).

[798] 22-02-23 22:42:18 CET

Suggestion

3d6 <= 15
1 + 5 + 5 = 11 ... success

Do either of them have weapons out?

Last edited by GnomesofZurich; 02-24-2022 at 04:01 AM.
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 08:11 AM   #1224
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"Are any of them likely to come back here in the next ten, twenty minutes? What about the other three life support locations?"
"There should be a slow trickle of them coming back to report. Ten or Twenty minutes should get maybe ten or so of them. The other locations are much less likely. This is where my office is and where we run the section from."

Quote:
"Just make sure they don't do anything stupid."
"I'll walk out there so I can make a show of surrendering when you show up, if you like. If the officer with the gun is 'giving up', it should take the wind out of any resistance."

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 02-24-2022, 08:52 AM   #1225
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Okay, Daymar will approach, with one of the other security as his buddy, and use Suggestion on him (roll factors in -2 range penalty).

Do either of them have weapons out?
Yes, they both are carrying their carbines....

But as Daymar walks by, one guard slings it onto his back, and then grabs at the other guard's gun. He's clumsy and misses. The other guard smacks him with the weapon, causing the suggested guard to pause for a moment. (its a 2 DR hit)

Old 02-24-2022, 09:15 AM   #1226
TGLS

Quote:
"There should be a slow trickle of them coming back to report. Ten or Twenty minutes should get maybe ten or so of them. The other locations are much less likely. This is where my office is and where we run the section from."

"I'll walk out there so I can make a show of surrendering when you show up, if you like. If the officer with the gun is 'giving up', it should take the wind out of any resistance."
"Good. We can go with that. It'll also let me introduce you to security away from prying ears. As far as the other life support crew will be concerned you'll be one of theirs. You'll stay here with a couple guards to arrest any of the returning life support crew. Now let's go."
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 02:35 PM   #1227
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Yes, they both are carrying their carbines....

But as Daymar walks by, one guard slings it onto his back, and then grabs at the other guard's gun. He's clumsy and misses. The other guard smacks him with the weapon, causing the suggested guard to pause for a moment. (its a 2 DR hit)
Daymar will take a step closer, and also try to influence the second guard. I figure this should reduce the range penalty to -1 (3 yards).

[799] 22-02-24 22:34:14 CET

Suggestion (second target, gives -2)

3d6 <= 14
4 + 1 + 1 = 6 ... success

Not quite a critical, but success by 8 gives him a slim chance to resist.
Old 02-24-2022, 10:07 PM   #1228
Hide

Quote:
(...) start your assualt.
Pacifica will blend with the group that is closer to her escape route. She tells them to prevent people from escaping the CC. She also asks if there is people in the room with the "special guns".
Old 02-25-2022, 09:37 AM   #1229
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica will blend with the group that is closer to her escape route. She tells them to prevent people from escaping the CC. She also asks if there is people in the room with the "special guns".
Pacfica is storming on the starboard side.

If by "special guns", you mean ballistic weapons, then you know that the gunnery officer and navigation officer both carry laser weaponry, not ballistic.

As for the two members of security who are usually around... you're not sure. Would you like to scout them out?

Quote:
"Good. We can go with that. It'll also let me introduce you to security away from prying ears. As far as the other life support crew will be concerned you'll be one of theirs. You'll stay here with a couple guards to arrest any of the returning life support crew. Now let's go."

Lieutenant Vibibu gets up and walks out of the room to talk with security. They confirm loyalties, and the plan that Vibibu will play dumb and surrender to dupe life support into surrendering nicely.

He returns, and then security bursts in, Guns out, and orders everyone to surrender. Some of the life support crew duck behind equipment. Lt. Vibibu looks astonished, then raises his hands and steps away from his desk, and orders his men to do the same.

His acting is merely passable, but under the stress of attack, the men come out into the open, away from any means of communicating with the outside. Lt. Vibibu is "led away", and then the men are restrained and put in a half-emptied hydrogen storage cell.

Two security and Lt. Vibibu stay to collect other members of life support who come in, as well as anyone who wanders by.

Please roll stealth for the next stage.

Quote:
Daymar will take a step closer, and also try to influence the second guard. I figure this should reduce the range penalty to -1 (3 yards).

Not quite a critical, but success by 8 gives him a slim chance to resist.
what command are you sending? its not clear, and it rather matters.

Old 02-25-2022, 09:56 AM   #1230
TGLS

Quote:
Please roll stealth for the next stage.
On to 18E. I guess my invisibility is still working?

Quote:
[800] 22-02-25 17:54:47 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
2 + 6 + 3 = 11 ... success
By 7.
Quote:
[801] 22-02-25 17:55:46 CET
Observation
3d6 <= 13
2 + 1 + 6 = 9 ... success
Anything hazardous in 18E?