Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-14-2022, 12:51 AM   #81
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

I'm only worried about poor Bibingui. Vanta and Togosho could ride on the outside of this thing in space or underwater comfortably.

So, the pressure isn't dropping, it's rising... That happens with temperature increase (But it's getting colder which should drop pressure) or dropping below sea level (but you said we are going up, which also reduces pressure)... does it feel like we might have started going down so we're under sea level?

Is Ziel in a sealed suit? If we're going over two+ atmospheres for hours, anyone without one is going to need a decompression tank before going back to normal pressure.

What is the HT roll for? I assumed it was for the cold and pressure, but they are not an issue for Vanta or Togosho.

I think calling him "Boi" is a social slight...

"Watch who you call 'boy', or you may have more than a bit of turbulence to worry about."

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 02-14-2022 at 12:56 AM.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 09:33 AM   #82
PumpkinLorica

Togosho friend, were heading into a dome of cold air, can't you tell? ʕ – ᴥ – ʔ

Also, ʕ´• ᴥ•̥`ʔ our butts are on their machine, you could kill us all if they activate a self-destruct.

Mr. guard wasn't mean to you ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
I thought you were protector of peace, like Luke.

Please apologize, they gave us lots of free food and I'm sure there will be more.
How old are you? I'm almost 100.

Bibingui is sad.
Old 02-14-2022, 12:28 PM   #83
the_matrix_walker

"A dome? How could you know this? Do you know our destination?

Do you believe they will kill themselves to spite me?

I am a protector of Justice, not of peace. Peace is the lull between storms. It will come and go. Unless a society is perfect, Peace is stagnation and the continued rule of oppression just waiting for the rise of strife.

He was disrespectful, and I bear no patience for disrespect.

I did not believe your people lived that long. Impressive!"
Old 02-14-2022, 01:10 PM   #84
vicious Violence

Vanta failed his ht roll (rolled 11, needed 10)

To the guard

For Togosho, bodies are bumps on the road towards his goals. It is good advice to just be respectful.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 01:28 PM   #85
PumpkinLorica

Bibingui wipes her tears.
You think BOI is an insult, I'm not sure about your sense of justices ʕ•ᴥ•ʔノ
He did not call u babysnot. DID HEEE?

And PURR1T0s sensors didn't detect DISRESPECT.

I'm an ELDER EWOK, HOHOHOHOH. It also is uncommon for Ewoks to be this beautiful and charming and intelligent. ʕ ꆤ ᴥ ꆤʔ

Look at my silky fur, and it's not only the oil of my EXO. ʕ ﹷ ᴥ ﹷʔ

I KNOW I KNOW NOTHING, I used to be in a place that felt like this. Also I am a great pilot, weather is like breakfast for me... A tasty "French toast".

ALSO HOW OLD ARE YOU, MR. GUARD?
Old 02-14-2022, 02:35 PM   #86
SID

"I'm 74, I left CSILLA at 18 and took this job right away, so it’s been a long run for me. Anyway, you are too jumpy. And we ain’t going anywhere if you die here; save the heat for what comes next. If you love "order", you'll love what comes next".

The elevator stops. The seats change their orientation so your back lays against the wall; Ziel remains in her seat and the guards stand.

“Alright, this is as far as I can go. From this point forward, it’ll be like a 30 minute “walk” to your destination. This is a cryogenic environment that often times scratches absolute zero. This is intended to deter people, droids, ships, etc. from getting here. There shall be radiation preventing your systems from working correctly, the pulsations can’t be avoided but we made it “scarce and short” for you. Ready your suits before you leave. Two guards will stand by your side, they will use these shackles to guide you, they all know the way to the rendezvous. The shackles lack locks, you can remove them yourselves if something unexpected happens (some say meteorites fall and kill people quite frequently, others say WAMPAS inhabit this region, but honestly, I’ve never seen any of that myself). You are not in Nar Shaddaa, by the way. We are inside a cave and you won’t have any visuals for a moment.”

Some kind of hatch opens in the floor, it’s filled with a liquid that resembles magnetic oil.

“Dip inside of this, with your armor on, it’ll protect you. This liquid also prevents the cold from reaching me, once all of you are inside another hatch will open and you’ll drop to the ground. Who’s going first?”
Old 02-14-2022, 02:37 PM   #87
PumpkinLorica

MEEEEeee!

OK, HOPEFULLY THIS ISN’T FLAMMABLE.

°˖✧◝( ◕▿◕ )◜✧˖°

INITIALIZE BUBBLE SHIELD! INITIALIZE MANTLE SYTEM! INITIALIZE DURANDAL PROTOCOL!
Purrito starts playing this song.

Bibingui pulls out a breather mask and yells “STEP ASIDE”. Her EXO activates, several servo arms show. She also puts on some goggle-like glasses (resembling バトー ブッテツ, Batō Buttetsu’s cybernectic eyes). From her wrist she shoots a wire that sticks to purrito.

Bibingui’s largest servo arm activates a flamer that heats (warms) the (outside) place (you are safe, GM SAID it could help you).

Bibingui takes several shields and encases herself inside of what looks like a golden bubble. Her systems seal the environment, creating a safe space for her to breathe and resist the rash environments described by Ziel.

You can shackle the purrito.
I’M REDY. She looks at Togosho and Vanta with this face:
ʕ •`ᴥ•´ʔ7

She jumps into the container.

(Not rolling because I was allowed to take 20, or 3).

Last edited by PumpkinLorica; 02-14-2022 at 03:03 PM.
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 07:20 AM   #88
the_matrix_walker

'What? We've left the moon?' Togosho thinks, he checks his inertial compass for their location and distance traveled.

He sits back on 'the elevator'.

"You will explain this now. I've blindly followed your instructions on faith since last night, but this is now gone far beyond ridiculous."
Old 02-15-2022, 09:41 AM   #89
vicious Violence

Comrade I think there is no other choice. We face possible death here, or on the moon rather it be on an open surface.

Vanta speaks as he dips himself in the liquid and grabs the chain.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 10:04 AM   #90
PumpkinLorica

*Bibingui comes out of the liquid*

WHY U TAKING SO LOOONG? OH, I SEE!

She notices Togosho sulking on his seat.

TOGOSHO ☆╲ʕ·ᴥ· ╲ʔ is OK being anxious but were meeting with THE BOSS, so its normal for them to take precautions. We still have our weapons and equipment!
THE BIBI can protect little Togosho! ᕦʕ •`ᴥ•´ʔᕤ They want to meet with us, because we are AMAAAAAAZING! ʕ– ᴥ – ʔ☝

Tags
advantage of the week, cyberpunk, magic, martial arts, pbp, powers, sci fi, spaceships, star wars