Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-04-2022, 09:23 PM   #61
SID

Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

The search for CHOWBASA seems to near its end, but by then. an explosive feeling had already incubated in the air. Here the emotions themselves are added to the need for solidarity, vibrating among those who have suffered violence, who have lost people and very precious things that they will never recover... In a cascade of actions that involve those who carry them out, there is no disquisition that remains indifferent to the very objects of the outcome.

Ziel's words open wide the doors to a new future. At the end, a large metal hatch opens as well, revealing an iron room, an elevator perhaps.

"Come in please".

Ziel invites the warriors to take a seat on the left side; there is room for 12 people, on the other side would be the guards. The first to enter is Vanta, followed by Togosho, then PURR1T0, Bibingui and finally Ziel (she is by the "elevator" controls). The group sits for a moment, then a Wookie enters.

“I present to you “FURIOUS DISMAS”, he will be his traveling companion.”
(You notice he's holding a clinched fist.)

"Don't worry, you are not late Dismas".

Since Ziel must stay close to the controls, he proceeds to take a seat between Bibingui and Ziel. From his expression, you could infer Bibingui “dazzled” Dismas… The elevator starts, and at the moment that Dismas meets Bibingui's eyes, a peculiar song is heard in the elevator.

"I love this song, the ASOGIAN have a great repertoire of timeless or avant-garde music, they have no idea how they have influenced the musical culture of the galaxy, or fashion, if they love hats."

Although it is not possible to determine their destination, they can infer that they are headed for Chowbasa. The “elevator” feels familiar to Togosho...

When the elevator stops, you arrive to what looks like a luxury hotel, but you don’t see other people.

“You’ll have to wait here until tomorrow. Please check in.”
She asks you to look at a retinal scan, and to lay your hand over a biometric scanner.

“There’s instructions to feed you generously, you can have as much food as you wish. With special emphasis in the Ewok.” “Ewoks should be round and happy, I was told”, “You can have food in the restaurant or in your rooms”. “You will find a gym and a workshop in the basement; you can access them from your rooms.“

A protocol droid approach and provides Ziel with three cards.
“Use these cards.”

Ziel leaves, but Dismas tries to stay… However… “Dismas, you are not staying with them “
(Dismas cries and leaves, he looks furious).

“I’ll look for you tomorrow at 12:55”.
“Oh Bibingui, Dismas says he wanted to see you dance once more”.

You can discuss the events, or get to know each other better before next day starts.

The next day, you’ll find a copy of the Nal Hutta Gazette outside your respective rooms.

It features 2 articles that call your attention:

“A MAN AND A BEAST BREAK TERRORIST EFFORT TO BREAK A PARTY USING THEIR BODIES.”

The article narrates last night’s event at the club, it depicts Bibingui and Vanta Black as heroes; it even includes a small commendation from the major, highlighting the importance of your actions as a proof of Ankwas pledge to solidarity.

You find this picture of you.

The second article reads:

“CHARITY ENDS WITH THE GREATEST SALUGHTER OF THE YEAR”.

The article tells of a massacre taking place in the outskirts (conurbation) of Ankwas. It says 4 people were killed in what seemed like an attempt to equipment from workers doing voluntary repairs in the neighborhood. It tells it seems a fifth person was implicated, but it isn’t known if this person fled or was an accomplice of the murderer.

Two testimonies are included in the article, one of them is from the forensics team:

“Although most of these people were bisected by what looks like a plasma cutter, we can’t confirm or deny that said injuries were fatal.”

The second testimony is a spoken portrait of the offender.
Old 02-05-2022, 12:36 PM   #62
the_matrix_walker

Togosho will ask Zeil,

"What does it mean to be a Champion? And a Champion of what? How is it that I have come to be selected?"

Togosho is hesitant to accept the card and scan into their system...

"I have accommodations. I have come here to repay a debt. I do not wish to incur one... Nore to offend."

Possible interactions with other players and NPCS:

Togosho will talk about :
  • What brings them here.
  • Their gear and specialties,
  • What being a "Champion" means to them.
  • How Bibingui lost the key to their ship.
  • If Vanta knows who killed his family? Is his vengeance directed? "Does the fury hang about you, or does it have focus?"
  • If it somehow came up, he would be very interested in Vanta's studies into the force.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 01:35 PM   #63
SID

@Togosho

"All you need is to remain, and now you are here."

"This is on the house, consider it a token of appreciation from our sponsors. And consider yourself fortunate. “

“Tonight, it shall be safer for you all to stay here, news travel fast and word is “the game” is on until 00:00. All of you came for a welcome, didn’t you?" "The rest of your questions may find their answers tomorrow.

“Oh, this has nothing to do with the encounter you (Togosho) mentioned earlier, whatever that was. You’ll need the cards to get out of here tomorrow, don’t lose them. We’ll deal with your accommodations." “Regarding the debt you speak of, I’ll check it. Hopefully it’s not from playing death pool.”
Old 02-05-2022, 02:21 PM   #64
the_matrix_walker

"Instead of answers, you are offering me more questions..." Togosho states in a whimsical tone.
"What game are you referring to? What do you mean by a 'Welcome'? I seek an audience with Slavanepo-Goda. Games do not interest me. "
Old 02-05-2022, 03:10 PM   #65
PumpkinLorica

I also want a slavanepo for dinner, what is it? ʕ •`ᴥ•´ʔ;
Old 02-05-2022, 10:26 PM   #66
vicious Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Instead of answers, you are offering me more questions..." Togosho states in a whimsical tone.
"What game are you referring to? What do you mean by a 'Welcome'? I seek an audience with Slavanepo-Goda. Games do not interest me. "
"I guess being a champion FOR our hosts. There seems to not be much of an option for now. We should play along for the time being. (whispers) If anything seems suspicious we can just dispose of everyone with extreme prejudice, I think your swords should be able to cut any metal one metre deep. "
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 10:29 PM   #67
vicious Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Togosho will ask Zeil,

"What does it mean to be a Champion? And a Champion of what? How is it that I have come to be selected?"

Togosho is hesitant to accept the card and scan into their system...

"I have accommodations. I have come here to repay a debt. I do not wish to incur one... Nore to offend."

Possible interactions with other players and NPCS:

Togosho will talk about :
  • What brings them here.
  • Their gear and specialties,
  • What being a "Champion" means to them.
  • How Bibingui lost the key to their ship.
  • If Vanta knows who killed his family? Is his vengeance directed? "Does the fury hang about you, or does it have focus?"
  • If it somehow came up, he would be very interested in Vanta's studies into the force.

I just have a general idea of who killed my family, I've been biding my time and waiting for more clues. I travel the fury road. It is blackened with blood and chrome with steel. I haven't studied much of this "force", but my will seems to sometimes change the results I guess.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 10:58 PM   #68
PumpkinLorica

I lost them in a game, where they tricked me (つД`)ノ I was winning at first and then a guy came and offered a large sum, so I also took a risk, but one of them revolted and he took advantage and stole my ship keys. (-.-;)
And since then I am a tiny little Ewok without food and little food. And in search of my ship.(ㆀ˘・з・˘)
Old 02-07-2022, 08:46 AM   #69
the_matrix_walker

Spoiler:  

"I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune. At least it seems you will be well fed tonight."

When the conversation dies down, Togosho will check out the workshop. If they are covering his expenses, he might as well see if they have any servo musculature or parts to upgrade his power system. He's always on the lookout to upgrade his armor.

-

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 02-07-2022 at 11:09 PM.
Old 02-08-2022, 09:48 AM   #70
SID

Ziel, looks at Togosho and replies:
“Seek questions, not answers.
I’ll give you a hint, violence is not the answer…”

She chuckles when Bibingui asks if “Slavanepo” is a dish.
“Not a dish. Your friend wants to meet with important people. But enjoy yourself at the restaurant”.

Then, the female Chiss tells Vanta to repair his armor at the workshop, “By the way, they don’t sell upgrades, it’s just for maintenance.”

“Anyway, I’ll get to work. See you tomorrow.”
Ziel waves and leaves.

The next day...

Tags
advantage of the week, cyberpunk, magic, martial arts, pbp, powers, sci fi, spaceships, star wars