Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-07-2021, 01:30 PM   #811
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

"What are you planning exactly? Fighting Karana monsters is one thing, but I'm not going to hurt people."
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 10:18 AM   #812
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"What are you planning exactly? Fighting Karana monsters is one thing, but I'm not going to hurt people."

"I'm planning on exposing Mr. Pundell. I'm afraid he might try something... he hasn't exactly been honest about what he knows about my birthright. With any luck, we won't need to do anything."

"Will you at least defend me?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 08:28 PM   #813
the_matrix_walker

"If we're attacked, of course, I'm gonna back you up. I'm just don't want to start trouble or be laying ambushes and stuff."

Peter will do as instructed and has dinner near the tent. He has his knife and a pistol and a giant mountain of fur... the last of which is a blessing, helping calm Peter's nerves.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:28 AM   #814
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Peter is sitting outside of the tent, and he notices a few other Anil loyalists, also with weapons, trying to be inconspicuous.

There is a great deal of shouting in the tent, but it doesn't seem violent... yet. You don't hear the signal, and the shouting dies down.

From what you can hear, Anil was successful, and the rest of the camp's leadership is angry and Mr. Pundell for trying to hold this back from them. Anil seems to be doing very well.

Others from the camp gather around the tent, trying to eavesdrop... something important is obviously going on. The leadership emerges with Mr. Stanway the archeolgist holding the green frog, and quite prominently. Anil looks triumphant. Mr. Pundell's face is as inscrutable as ever.

Seeing an impromptu crowd milling around the tent, One of the other expedition leaders, Colonel Holland, announces that the Karaka circle has been found, and that they thought they had a way to control it, but that they would need to clear out demons on the way. They have a plan on how to do that safely, taking down the demons one by one.

After the speech, Anil gestures for Peter to follow him, and thanks him for his role in the victory. "We did it! we have the frog. He looks like the scoundrel he is, and this victory and discovery will be credited to me!"

Several people walk up to Peter, asking for further details on what REALLY happened. They hear there was almost a fight.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 10-12-2021, 08:43 AM   #815
the_matrix_walker

Peter is happy to tell them the story, but omits the bits about visions and being the one to guide Anil to complete his quest. He wants to let Anil keep the glory and the image of the prodigal boy who found his birthright through determination and the hand of fate.
Old 10-13-2021, 10:02 AM   #816
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Peter is asked to stay up quite late, and has quite an effect on the "real story" circulating in camp gossip.

The next morning, a large segment of the camp is called up for instructions on assaulting the circle. The plan is to approach on horse back, identify single Karaka demons, shoot a volley into them, and then retreat to let the smoke trickle out. Four teams will be doing this, and a fifth will keep the frog and act as a command unit.

Peter is offered a spot on one of the teams, as a shooter, or as a messenger. Anil asks if Peter thinks he should be with the shooters to win more credit, or with the headquarters to keep an eye on the frog.

Old 10-14-2021, 09:41 AM   #817
the_matrix_walker

Peter isn't interested in any glory, but shooting sounds like more fun. If Anil is not on the command unit, however, that is where Peter would want to be. He doesn't want that frog out of sight of Anil or himself.
Old 10-15-2021, 08:31 AM   #818
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Anil and Peter are with the command unit, along with Mr. Stanway, who holds the frog), and Colonel Holland, who is directing the military aspects. Mr. Pundel is leading a team of shooters.

The day is spent organizing the attack, and stocking up provisions. Peter won't have any explicit assignments. The day after that, they will be assaulting the Karaka circle.

Everyone is very excited.

Old 10-19-2021, 01:24 PM   #819
the_matrix_walker

Peter goes with the flow, sticks close to Anil and follows his instructions.

He will try and find some time to work with Goliath on his ongoing training. He's trying to teach him the name of a few common objects to see if he can get him to fetch the right thing on command.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:39 AM   #820
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The engagement with the Karaka demons is long, but after a few fumbles, consistent. Horsemen hit their marks, then gallop away. Demons move towards the noise of the shots, but the superior mobility of the horses, even in the forest, carries the day. It does take quite some time, and quite a bit of powder, which the command post is carrying. By the time Peter and Anil are approaching the circle, the demons are nothing but smoke. Peter isn't sure if the smoke he smells is them, or the smell of burnt gunpowder from all of the shooting.

The command post gets the go ahead to come to the circle. Most of the way there, Mr. Pundell's shooting party meets up with them. Spirits are high.

Colonel Holland: "I wish I could have taken a few shots at them myself! At least I'll get to see them, I suppose."

Mr. Pundell: "They'll make wonderful soldiers once controlled. On a battlefield were ground must be held, those extra minutes will prove invaluable. This is the find of the century!"

Alan Stanway: "If this frog is indeed the key."

Peter notices that Mr. Pundell's men aren't putting their weapons away as they move behind the men of the command post.

Last edited by ericthered; 10-20-2021 at 08:44 AM.

Tags
lost in dreams