Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2016, 05:33 PM   #1
bearit

Default MMA Techniques and Combinations

Hey, guys. I'm currently building a character that is a MMA master. By GURPS, he has Karate, Judo, Wrestling, Staff, and Knife. All techniques from Martial Arts and beyond are available. I'm trying to spice up combat. I'm bored of beefing up stats on one skill and beating away with it.

I'm looking for awesome techniques, combinations that are effective in GURPS combat that utilize unarmed, staff and knife styles. Everything is open! Grappling, arm locks, throws, takedowns, sweeps, targeting attacks, flanking, neck breaks... I want to make combat as interesting and complex as possible.

Effectiveness would be nice, but I'm looking for flavor more.

Thanks for your help, I look forward to your ideas!

Edit: Sorry for the confusion, i used MMA the wrong way. I meant literally mixing martial arts styles--anything goes. And, the fights the character will see is...everything. I really don't have a preference.

If you need a setting then: TL9, a lot of firearm use, possible decent armor. My character will be extremely quick and will need to close gaps, disarm or disable, and move on to the next guy. Perhaps even using opponents as meat shields. Multiple opponents, no dawdling. Other melee will be in the mix. Think River Tam from Firefly, Assassins Creed, Batman, etc.

Also, ideas for flexibility in combat: what to do if they are more skilled, or stronger, or faster, or heavily armored.

Shared what has worked for you and whats fun!

Last edited by bearit; 02-06-2016 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Clarification
bearit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combinations, martial arts, techniques