Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-04-2021, 01:32 PM   #1
mook

Default Playing GURPS with the help of FoundryVTT

Howdy, Folks!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the unofficial GURPS Game Aid for the Foundry Virtual Tabletop is once again freely available via the "Systems" tab of your FoundryVTT install (just search for "GURPS").

Nose and Nick have been hard at work putting together an amazing Game Aid for the community to play our usual GURPS games, but remotely/online. I love it!

To get a better feel for it, there are a multitude of overview videos from the creators as well as a User's Guide. I also have a (slightly dated) blog post on Setting up Foundry for playing GURPS.

If playing your favorite GURPS games remotely with others interests you even a little, it's absolutely worth checking out!
mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 03:50 PM   #2
Nose66

Default Re: Playing GURPS with the help of FoundryVTT

If you haven't heard of Foundry, check out their public release video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fu48nvvUY4

If any of that looks interesting, check out our (newly released!) Getting Started video: https://youtu.be/YstMNNLwKBM

(If you watched the original one and were NOT impressed, I completely understand... that video was created more than 5 months and 30+ releases ago... we offer so much more now!)

Last edited by Nose66; 05-10-2021 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Update
Nose66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 05:18 PM   #3
Richard Wilkes

The GURPS Game Aid makes Foundry quite usable for GURPS. I highly recommend it.
Old 05-04-2021, 05:21 PM   #4
neck

I've been using this game aid for months. After switching from Roll20 to Fantasy Grounds to Foundry as my primary VTT solution, I can say with confidence that Nose and Nick's game aid is the best thing out there for playing GURPS online.
It gets better with every update, too!
neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 05:48 PM   #5
InexplicableVic

I’ll have a much longer and detailed post on this later, but I have extensively used Roll 20, Fantasy Grounds Unity, and Foundry VTT for quite some time, and Foundry VTT with the GURPS Game Aid is hands-down the best.
InexplicableVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 06:24 PM   #6
Swivel

I thought I'd chime in. I've tried out this game aid a few times with some friends and I've found it to be very useful.

I initially decided on Foundry due to it being superior to Roll20 in many ways, and came across this module as it was in development. It makes things so easy for new players to dive in and get acquainted with GURPS.

Aside from this game aid, Foundry in general is so customizable and easy to use, there isn't another VTT quite like it that I've come across.

I highly recommended both Foundry and this game aid.
Swivel is offline   Reply With Quote