Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-05-2021, 12:13 PM   #661
Hide

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica suggests they conduct the interviews with the officers at Zybo’s place. As Zybo speaks, she can take note of what they say, so they also have a written testimony (which could be useful in the future).

In fact, Pacifica would be progressively checking Zybo’s files during “breaks” in the interview and using her memory to write the testimonies as they go.

Pacifica's fast-talk (using the computer, Luck 2 on a repeated attempt -2):

3d6 <= 13 (-2)
5 + 2 + 1 = 8 ... success.
Old 05-05-2021, 12:20 PM   #662
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"How do I explain the presence of your friend?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:27 PM   #663
Hide

Pacifica adds to her previous remarks that Zybo has the possibility of establishing Day and Pothi as the guards at his door. This would justify their presence and work in favor of the emergency investigation he is conducting. Day will have his chance to check all of the officers, and as a result they will a potential culprit, a testimony and a witness. The only loose end would be Chiki, but they can discuss it later.
Old 05-06-2021, 02:26 PM   #664
GnomesofZurich

Daymar will use Suggestion to encourage Zybo to go along with Pacifica's plan to have Day and Pothi present as "guards".

[438] 21-05-06 22:25:01 CEST

Suggestion targeting Zybo

3d6 <= 16
2 + 2 + 2 = 6 ... critical success!
Old 05-07-2021, 12:37 PM   #665
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Zybo goes along with the suggestion... though he does wonder out loud where they could get weapons for them so they can actually act as guards.

He goes out to get Vinobi, and leads the officer back to his office. Vinobi looks quizzically at the two guards standing outside of the door.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 05-08-2021, 01:02 PM   #666
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Zybo goes along with the suggestion... though he does wonder out loud where they could get weapons for them so they can actually act as guards.

He goes out to get Vinobi, and leads the officer back to his office. Vinobi looks quizzically at the two guards standing outside of the door.
Daymar speaks assertively to Vinobi, "Apologies, sir, but I need to pat you down. We can't be too careful in this situation." While doing so, he will use Mental Surgery to give him Fanaticism (Quinta República).

[439] 21-05-08 21:01:11 CEST

Savoir-Faire (Military) to convince Vinobi that Daymar has the authority to pat him down.

3d6 <= 15
4 + 1 + 1 = 6 ... success

[440] 21-05-08 21:02:10 CEST

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism (Quinta Republica))

3d6 <= 15
5 + 4 + 3 = 12 ... success
Old 05-09-2021, 11:21 PM   #667
Hide

Having convinced Zybo, Pacifica will be taking notes about the testimonies on his computer. She actually is searching his PC for information relevant to the Dread-Stormers’ mission (leveraging on her exposition sense), and writing from heart what she hears from the officers’ “confessions”.

Pacifica's computer operation (searching files):
3d6 <= 13
4 + 2 + 2 = 8 ... success.

Pacifica's writing (confessions):
3d6 <= 14
2 + 6 + 3 = 11 ... success.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:58 AM   #668
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Vinobi looks at Daymar surprised, but doesn't react too strongly. Daymar pats him down, and gives him a fanatical devotion to The Quinta Republic.

Vinobi asks what's so important. Zybo says he's looking at a dreadstormer, and he think's they've infiltrated the officer core. He wonders if Vinobi has noticed any of a number of individuals. He shows several pictures, which include both Hua and Botha. Vinobi says he hasn't noticed them past their initial arrest, and he's not sure which officer would be compromised.

As soon as he leaves, Zybo calls Daymar in "Was it him? is he the traitor?"

(Would you like Vinobi to instantly realize his devotion to the republic, or it to settle in over the course of an afternoon?)

Old 05-10-2021, 10:21 AM   #669
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Vinobi looks at Daymar surprised, but doesn't react too strongly. Daymar pats him down, and gives him a fanatical devotion to The Quinta Republic.

Vinobi asks what's so important. Zybo says he's looking at a dreadstormer, and he think's they've infiltrated the officer core. He wonders if Vinobi has noticed any of a number of individuals. He shows several pictures, which include both Hua and Botha. Vinobi says he hasn't noticed them past their initial arrest, and he's not sure which officer would be compromised.

As soon as he leaves, Zybo calls Daymar in "Was it him? is he the traitor?"

(Would you like Vinobi to instantly realize his devotion to the republic, or it to settle in over the course of an afternoon?)
Daymar says, "Well, I can't say that he isn't a traitor, but he's not the one I saw with Buzoku."

OOC: Please have his devotion settle in over the course of the afternoon.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:24 AM   #670
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Three more of the potential targets are on their off hours. Zybo will attempt to fetch each of them from the mess hall. The third one is Jivithi, who is from motive and might recognize Daymar.

Make rolls for these three officers.

The first mates are asleep. They could be wakened... or you could come up with a different scheme. What do you "suggest" Zybo do to check them?