Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 11-10-2014, 10:45 PM   #21
David Johnston2

Default Re: Ideas Are Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
Nice.

Only one species known to become super? .
Well it's a comic book setting so there are species that just are super, and others that have a tiny number per generation, but humans are picked on because they are so easy to make super and so diverse in the resulting abilities, and because they have no space travel, meaning they can't cause trouble about it, and their location is obscure in general and entirely unknown in the vicinity of the empire except to the traders who bring them in.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:00 AM   #22
Astromancer

Cthulhu Wants You!

Great Cthulhu, dreaming in his house in R'lyeth, has an idea. "Why not make GREAT NEW ONES!!! Can the PCs as agents of Nyarlathotep prevent Great Cthulu from forcing Humanity and the Elder Things to become something more insane than even the Great Old Ones! Hey wait a moment, do the PCs want to be aligned with either side in this fight?!?!?

Ancora Imparo

Last edited by Astromancer; 11-11-2014 at 06:05 AM.
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:48 AM   #23
Flyndaran
Untagged

I once had an idea of some mundane human turning out to really be a delusional old one that forgot what he was. Hey, not all forms of insanity are eat your planet kinds.
Keep him from facing any forms of magic or strangeness that may awaken him/her/it. A far more important secret than anything the Cabal, Illuminati, or Hellboy could ever imagine.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:28 AM   #24
RyanW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
I once had an idea of some mundane human turning out to really be a delusional old one that forgot what he was. Hey, not all forms of insanity are eat your planet kinds.
Keep him from facing any forms of magic or strangeness that may awaken him/her/it. A far more important secret than anything the Cabal, Illuminati, or Hellboy could ever imagine.
Sounds like a twisted version of Haruhi. Keep God from realizing it is God, lest it do something drastic.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:39 AM   #25
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
Sounds like a twisted version of Haruhi. Keep God from realizing it is God, lest it do something drastic.
So few truly original ideas under the sun. I don't watch anime, so had to look that up.
But in a way, yes. Worse than a reality warping god waking up on its own may be if it actually finds earth interesting rather than a forgettable corner of the universal stage.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:46 AM   #26
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Worse than a reality warping god waking up on its own may be if it actually finds earth interesting rather than a forgettable corner of the universal stage.
Not that the reason has to make sense.

"Of course this place is interesting! They have ketchup!"
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:50 PM   #27
Anaraxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
"Of course this place is interesting! They have ketchup!"
Do not meddle in the affairs of Old Ones, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:04 PM   #28
Anders

An 1840s something campaign in the U.S. where three factions compete for the holy sites of the New World. Turns out these holy sites are actually prisons for the Old Ones. So the Native Americans and the Christians both want to keep them locked up, but don't trust each other one bit, and then there's a third group that want to release the Old Ones in the hope of... profit?
Old 11-13-2014, 05:58 AM   #29
Astromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
An 1840s something campaign in the U.S. where three factions compete for the holy sites of the New World. Turns out these holy sites are actually prisons for the Old Ones. So the Native Americans and the Christians both want to keep them locked up, but don't trust each other one bit, and then there's a third group that want to release the Old Ones in the hope of... profit?
Profit is relative to your value system. Old Castro in Call of Cthulhu saw being free to joyfully murder and dance as profitable to and for himself. We would all disagree. I hope.

Ancora Imparo
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:02 AM   #30
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Correction: Prophet.