Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2021, 02:04 PM   #461
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
So use Confuse on its own for +4 or Confuse + ElecOps for +4
confuse + elecops for +4.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Is this the same day Day tried mental surgery on him? Day is going to try to follow him.
Its two days later.


to follow him roll observation at -2. Will a failure result in being noticed or in loosing him?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 02:51 PM   #462
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Its two days later.

to follow him roll observation at -2. Will a failure result in being noticed or in loosing him?
Noticed, I guess. If I'm close enough when he notices me, I can do something about it.

[308] 21-02-17 22:51:36 CET

Observation-2 to follow NCO

3d6 <= 11
6 + 1 + 2 = 9 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 07:31 PM   #463
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Pacifica hears rumors that they are about to reach a supply depot hidden in Jakorbi space.
Regarding the rumor about the hidden depot in Jarkobi space, Pacifca takes a combination of Acting, Fast-Talk and Soldier to assess when is the operation tanking place and who is involved. She does it casually, to avoid calling unnecessary attention.

Pacifica's (acting):
3d6 <= 15
1 + 2 + 1 = 4 ... success

Pacifica's Fast-Talk:
3d6 <= 13
4 + 2 + 3 = 9 ... success

Pacifica's (soldier):
3d6 <= 14
2 + 1 + 1 = 4 ... success

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I believe Pacifica needs to roll to sneak out for the meeting in the dead of night.
And then she prepares for the meeting:

Stealth +4 (Pacifica, rendezvous)
3d6 <= 19
5 + 2 + 5 = 12 ... success

Displacement -2 (Pacifica's bonus to stealth)
3d6 <= 12
2 + 5 + 5 = 12 ... success

All set, Pacifica gets to the meeting (at the time the people in her shift are sleeping).
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 08:11 AM   #464
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Noticed, I guess. If I'm close enough when he notices me, I can do something about it.

Observation-2 to follow NCO

he heads up the elevators near the star drive, gets off, and heads towards the officer's quarters. Daymar is unable to follow as an officer invites the NCO into the officer's quarters, which has key pad locks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
All set, Pacifica gets to the meeting (at the time the people in her shift are sleeping).
Everyone is at the meeting. No buddies are anywhere near.


Quote:
Regarding the rumor about the hidden depot in Jarkobi space, Pacifca takes a combination of Acting, Fast-Talk and Soldier to assess when is the operation tanking place and who is involved. She does it casually, to avoid calling unnecessary attention.
It appears the people she's talking to don't have any more information, though they promise to tell her when they find out more.



Once they arrive at the hidden depot, there will be a major resupply operation. All the hydrogen bricks will be replenished, and food stores will be stocked up on... including replacing the burnt flour. Everyone will work hard, especially transport. Its also a place to leave messages, possibly meet other ships, and have orders changed.


As for where exactly the depot is... that would require strategy (naval) or intelligence analysis.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:02 AM   #465
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
As for where exactly the depot is... that would require strategy (naval) or intelligence analysis.
It seems Daymar has the best default for either of these (9).

At the meeting, I say:
"I'm about ready to raid the armories; I'm not too sure about my plan to shorten the racks, but hopefully it works out."
"I'm planning on stealing 6 guns; I think if I steal no guns then it might go undiscovered longer, but we need something to even the odds, unless I can sabotage most of securities weapons
"It'd really be a shame for all that effort trashing the flour to go to waste. Maybe we could blow up the depot and stop that plan."
"Obviously a secret depot is a secret, but maybe it's disinformation that's intended to make us step up our plans?"
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:13 AM   #466
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) As for where exactly the depot is... that would require strategy (naval) or intelligence analysis.
Thanks Erick, I understand.

Taking into account our information, is the rendezvous in danger?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 12:32 PM   #467
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Taking into account our information, is the rendezvous in danger?

The spot on deck 5? No, it hasn't had bricks transported out of it yet.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 03:39 PM   #468
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
he heads up the elevators near the star drive, gets off, and heads towards the officer's quarters. Daymar is unable to follow as an officer invites the NCO into the officer's quarters, which has key pad locks.
Day will hang around as long as he can to see if the NCO re-emerges, but if he doesn't come out shortly he'll just return to Pothi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Everyone is at the meeting. No buddies are anywhere near.

Once they arrive at the hidden depot, there will be a major resupply operation. All the hydrogen bricks will be replenished, and food stores will be stocked up on... including replacing the burnt flour. Everyone will work hard, especially transport. Its also a place to leave messages, possibly meet other ships, and have orders changed.

As for where exactly the depot is... that would require strategy (naval) or intelligence analysis.
[314] 21-02-18 23:34:11 CET

Strategy (Naval) at default

3d6 <= 9
1 + 1 + 6 = 8 ... success

"The depot sounds like bad news. I can disable the ship for a few days, once, without rousing suspicion - is now the time?"
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:46 PM   #469
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Good to see you guys; this is what I have been working with:

I have organized my friends to build a “front” against the Dread-Stormers; we have devised a plan to counter them in the occasion we either spot or face one. Then, Pacifica proceeds to explain said plan to her fellow Dread-Stormers, hoping they acquire an edge in said occasions (at least in when it comes to the people in the sections she’s been working with).

With the incidents in the ship, especially after the shooting, everybody’s been naturally more aware than before. So, I built an information network with the people I work with (she mentions their names and jobs). We are preparing ourselves to spot and track Dread-Stormers on board.

Now you might be asking yourselves how reliable the information gathered this way, will be. All I can say as an Esper, is that I can tell of things we should not ignore (Exposition Sense); however, we can work with this information, and there’s two highlights so far:

First highlight, one of you might get caught soon. They know a Dread-Stormer has mind-controlling prowess, and they know their section.
  • That is why I leave you a note, when I could not meet you. As the message has been relayed, I will destroy this (she reads the poem, and then she eats the note). I remember you (Daymar) do poetry, right? Maybe you could have understood my message more easily.
  • Hua, IMO, it does not matter if you have brain-washed your buddy. If you are under suspicion, there’s going to be more eyes upon you. If your buddy reports everything is OK (but if her -hypothetical- shadow does not), this will be trouble. Have you checked who your buddy’s last partner was? Have you seen her?
  • Day, you have been brainwashing the people in the kitchen. IMO, it’s quite easy checking whether the food is doped or not. If they are forcing you to do the same thing again and again, maybe you are taking the bait.
Second highlight, there’s going to be a resupply operation soon, at a secret depot in Jarkobi space (it seems). At least it It won't pose a threat to our rendezvous, AFAIK. What do you think?

Changing topics...
  • Hua, I would like to raid the armoury with you. If you want a hand, I could do it at this time of the day; AFAIK you need to pull these tricks with backup. We also need radios, and I would appreciate a pair of gloves. I would appreciate the Officer’s pin-code, this might help me gather more information from the terminals.
  • Day if you disable the engine and given the previous information, it’s going be clear that you are the Dread Stormer. You might need to go AWOL after this. What do you think? Maybe you could disguise as guy from another shift and take his place… or perhaps you could schedule the shut-down.
  • I actually think it is a good thing we are going to visit this “depot”. There will be more weapons for us, and it is going to be hard to resupply after this. Perhaps we should wait and maybe we can take the surplus guns and make them burn in the food supplies.
  • Finally I have some flour I was allowed to keep from the fire incident. You can have it if you need a countermeasure regarding food.

Disadvantage resistance rolls.
Spoiler:  
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 09:54 PM   #470
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Hua, IMO, it does not matter if you have brain-washed your buddy. If you are under suspicion, there’s going to be more eyes upon you. If your buddy reports everything is OK (but if her -hypothetical- shadow does not), this will be trouble. Have you checked who your buddy’s last partner was? Have you seen her?
Thibi said she had her foot run over by a forklift; besides that, why would they go to the trouble of arresting me and releasing me if they suspected I was a Dreadstormer? They already locked up several other troublemakers; surely they can operate the ship with one fewer swabbie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Second highlight, there’s going to be a resupply operation soon, at a secret depot in Jarkobi space (it seems). At least it It won't pose a threat to our rendezvous, AFAIK. What do you think?
The way I see it we either have to roll with it (my preference is blowing it up, given that such a base is most likely an asset to the Zorbani), or by moving our plans up to capture the ship before we reach the depot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
  • Hua, I would like to raid the armoury with you. If you want a hand, I could do it at this time of the day; AFAIK you need to pull these tricks with backup. We also need radios, and I would appreciate a pair of gloves. I would appreciate the Officer’s pin-code, this might help me gather more information from the terminals.
The way I see it there's maybe three problems with that plan:
1) I work at this time of day, and eventually Thibi would notice. This is a short meeting, so no problems there.
2) I cased the armory during my sleep shift. Conditions could (?) be different.
3) I can turn basically invisible and well, you can't.

I'll see if there are radios and gloves there, but well, I figure that unless they have a big drawer full of gloves and radios that either of those going missing would probably be easier to spot if it's gone missing.

The pin-code is ####, but I'm pretty sure it's a security guard's pin.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.