Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2022, 10:22 AM   #1201
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"I was just decanted. I was learning in the first world. Preparing for my purpose.
"The first world? Is that some kind of sleep-teaching thing?

What is your purpose?"


Peter leads his squad toward the doors and is looking for places to hide and ways to escape these structures... But if that foliage is from some kind of dinosaur pen, going in there could be suicide.

"Any idea what's out there?"

Are the doors and gates locked or secured?
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 09:27 AM   #1202
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"The first world? Is that some kind of sleep-teaching thing?
She nods "Yes."

Quote:
What is your purpose?"

"I don't have my purpose yet. It will be given to me soon after waking up. Do you know my purpose?"

Quote:
"Any idea what's out there?"
"People and Places and Purposes"


Quote:
Peter leads his squad toward the doors and is looking for places to hide and ways to escape these structures... But if that foliage is from some kind of dinosaur pen, going in there could be suicide.

Are the doors and gates locked or secured?

The doors in the wall they came out of seem to be locked electronically.



The doors in the 60 foot wall in front of them seem to have manual overrides to shut them, as well as electronic.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 04:28 PM   #1203
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"I don't have my purpose yet. It will be given to me soon after waking up. Do you know my purpose?"
"Well, whatever they were going to tell you, I think it is up to each person to figure that out for themselves. For me, it's to find a way to live in the world and make it a better place.

Do you have a name?"


Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The doors in the 60 foot wall in front of them seem to have manual overrides to shut them, as well as electronic.
Is there any other visible way out other than from where they came? Can Peter figure out how to open the door with the manual override?
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:18 AM   #1204
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Well, whatever they were going to tell you, I think it is up to each person to figure that out for themselves. For me, it's to find a way to live in the world and make it a better place.
"You might need to find your own purpose, but one is waiting for me. I just don't have it yet."

Quote:
Do you have a name?"

"No, I will not receive my name until I receive my purpose."


Quote:
Is there any other visible way out other than from where they came? Can Peter figure out how to open the door with the manual override?
There are doors going into the jungle all left and right, and doors going back into the wall they came from going left and right. Maybe different doors on the left and right end up going to different facilities on the inside?


Peter can see how to work the manual override to open the door.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:43 AM   #1205
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter is torn... He feels like his best bet is to lay low in the wilderness and try and dream his way back to Thuroma, but he can't lead this poor cat girl out and abandon her.

The young man struggles with the decision. He feels like this girl could be made some kind of slave if she goes back, but probably won't be able to survive if left on her own.

"Did you learn how to survive on your own in the wilderness in the First World? If I had to leave you on your own, could you survive? Find food and shelter and stuff"

If she says that she can, Peter will take them out into the wild, and if not...

He tries the doors opposite the ones they came out of, hoping to find another facility with different people to take care of this girl and report the activities of the "thugs".
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 07:42 AM   #1206
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Did you learn how to survive on your own in the wilderness in the First World? If I had to leave you on your own, could you survive? Find food and shelter and stuff"
"We didn't learn how to survive in the wilderness in the First World... but I'm a quick learner!"

Quote:
He tries the doors opposite the ones they came out of, hoping to find another facility with different people to take care of this girl and report the activities of the "thugs".
Out through the 60 foot wall with the trees behind it, then.

Peter engages the mechanism and the door loosens with a jolt. Immediately, an loud wailing alarm goes off, and a red light pops on over the door.

On the other side of the door is a 10 foot area clear of vegetation, followed by dense jungle.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 08:47 AM   #1207
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Sorry, I must not have described it properly... She does not have survival skills so Peter is looking to return to the facility to find other people who aren't the original thugs.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 11:27 PM   #1208
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter will await whoever comes to investigate the alarm. Better to face whatever is in store here than to leave this newborn alone in the jungle.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 09:41 AM   #1209
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Sorry, I must not have described it properly... She does not have survival skills so Peter is looking to return to the facility to find other people who aren't the original thugs.
So those doors don't have manual overrides... how far down will Peter look for an open door or a change in the pattern of the doors?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 12:06 PM   #1210
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Seems easiest for him to just wait for those who respond to the alarm.

--- Edit ---

Peter looks out the open door at the strange jungle. He's filled with fear and excitement at the thought of the creatures that he might discover out there.

But he looks at his new follower and realizes that while he might be ready to face these dangers, he can't allow this innocent creature to do so.

He closes the door and waits to see if there is a response.

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 09-28-2022 at 04:19 PM.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lost in dreams

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.