Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-17-2016, 10:14 AM   #31
Disliker of the mary sue

Default Re: Character concepts you'll never use

A tomboyish girl crashes into another girl with her motorcycle. Unfortunately that person was both really rich and secretly a magical girl. The motorcycle girl now has to fill in on the girl magical girl duties or she'll be sued for for millions of dollar of damage. The crippled rich girl acting as a really bitchy version of Oracle from batman.
Disliker of the mary sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:33 AM   #32
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

A superhero who got his powers when he found an ancient VHS tape in his attic that his grandfather, a mad scientist, had shot with his Make Things Radioactive In Such A Way That Exposure To Them Gives People Thematically Appropriate Superpowers ray.

He had electrokinesis manifesting mostly as stunning affliction and burning innate attacks, a katana, his car gained the ability to transform into a humanoid robot, etc. Huge eyes and spiky blue hair looked so different from his normal appearance (half-Japanese half-German American) that he had no need of a mask of any sort when transformed.
Old 09-17-2016, 12:41 PM   #33
David Johnston2

Jack "Just call me Jack" Riddle. A Zeroed character who is immune to magic because he is Zeroed. It's a True Name thing. He uses mundane detective techniques and a sword to fight crime in the magical secret world and never had any spell casting abilities but has a Reputation as a powerful magician.
David Johnston2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 02:00 AM   #34
WaterAndWindSpirit

A Scion of Thor who is really into cosplaying. Daddy found her so adorable when she dressed up as Nora Valkyrie from RWBY and played the part to a T that he actually send her a visitation.
WaterAndWindSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 03:09 AM   #35
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfinlay View Post

I ran a game where one PC was a sentient magic item possessed by another PC. She could talk telepathically to the host and activate all of the item's abilities (of which there were lots - she was a full 150 point character). It was not a good idea at all. She wound up not doing much and her player grew increasingly disinterested in the game.
Typical character for a THS game.
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 03:58 AM   #36
gruundehn

A sci-fi character concept I wanted to try many years ago was a blind translator who refused to "behave" blind. The character used no cane or other such, always dressed in red to avoid mismatched clothes, and had a smart gun that used a laser sight with feedback so he "knew" where he was aiming but unless someone told him what he was aiming at he could shoot friend as well as foe. As I developed the character, I gave the gun more sophisticated electronics so that the character had a better chance to shoot foes but after a while I gave up on it.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:16 AM   #37
corwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
I had a character who dual wielded automatic grenade pistols

Trying to roll out a barrage of fragmentation attacks quickly retired the character
I actually played that character in a Savage Worlds Rifts game. It made for interesting tactics as almost everyone else was melee.

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 03:01 PM   #38
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

An adventurer who lives for nothing more than to enter dungeons, kill monsters, and collect treasure

but there is a catch

he lives in a campaign where this is not the baseline of PCs and he in fact pays points for the Reputation, Social Regard, Legal Enforcement Powers, etc. that come with the job of being a hero.
Old 11-24-2016, 02:54 AM   #39
David Johnston2

Nemesis aka Lady Nemesis, an antihero who specializes in punishing superheroes and villains who break "the rules". So heroes who use torture or start murdering bad guys. Villains who expose a hero's secret identity, or kill his loved ones.
David Johnston2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 05:22 PM   #40
Jasonft

I never actually named it because nobody ever would let me play it.

Ship's engineer in a Star Wars esque game is a floating droid type thing with lots of arms. Actually this is a disguise. The droid is actually a cybernetic shell in which the actual engineer rides around pretending to be a droid. Engineer is a bright pink ball of fur about a foot across.

The ship's captain also has a shoulder pet when the droid is in shutdown mode. Apparently it's purring calms people and makes them easier to manipulate, which makes getting suspicious packages through customs SO much simpler.

Gm at this point realizes letting me play a Tribble Force adept is a bad idea...
Jasonft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters