Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2021, 11:31 AM   #7
Icelander

Default Re: Takedown Rifles (1990s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
Assuming it was stored all together and ready to go, a about the same as an AR/M16, perhaps a little longer (especially if the scope if detached). I'd say 10 seconds, easy, for someone with a bit of practice and the parts all to hand. If they're jumbled in the bottom of a toolbox or the like, and the user hasn't handled that model of rifle for a while, it'll be longer (I'd go with 30 seconds, with generous reductions for a good skill roll).
That sounds good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
OR any full-bore round, really. For long range precision shooting rate of fire isn't as important, and any good bolt action sporter should do, though you'd need about a 4-foot long hidey hole for that. That also opens up a wide range of different bullets and loadings for different ranges and target if the characters (or players) care about such things.
A four-foot long hidey holey is what I'm trying to avoid, hence trying to get takedown precision rifles.

The storage spaces on fishing boats are often 16" to 21" in their longest dimension. It's possible to buy custom storage spaces that are larger, but the more you scale it up, the less it looks like the typical storage for tackle boxes and other fishing stuff that all boats have.

This is why rifles that can be stowed with no piece longer than that are so useful.

Tags
guns, high-tech, monster hunters, tactical shooting