Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 10-21-2010, 03:33 PM   #251
ThatTallGuy

Default Re: Member House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerftw View Post
I'm a bit unclear how this is different than the usual item rules, other than placing them in a stack instead of laid out.
It sounds essentially like you can have an unlimited stock of "Usable Once Only" items; you can put them in the bag rather than having them count against your hand size.
ThatTallGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:55 PM   #252
Arcnarenth

Nothing says you have to keep one-shots in your hand. They're Items after all, as long as they have a gold piece value.
Arcnarenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:03 PM   #253
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcnarenth View Post
Nothing says you have to keep one-shots in your hand. They're Items after all, as long as they have a gold piece value.
The rules also state that one-shot Items can be used in any combat, whether you have them carried on the table or are still holding them in your hand, further clarifying that you do not have to keep one-shot Items in your hand.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:51 PM   #254
Nerftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatTallGuy View Post
It sounds essentially like you can have an unlimited stock of "Usable Once Only" items; you can put them in the bag rather than having them count against your hand size.
But again, that's what you can normally do within the rules.

Unless the poster meant curses and traps, which wasn't specified in the post.
Nerftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:35 AM   #255
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerftw View Post
But again, that's what you can normally do within the rules.

Unless the poster meant curses and traps, which wasn't specified in the post.
Actually, they were specifically excluded by saying the only things allowed were Items.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:20 AM   #256
BonzaiiSheep

Default Non Cthulhu Chibithulhu house rules

Me and my girlfriend have 3 chibithulhu's
Green (Cthulhu Chibithulhu)
Pink (Valentine Chibithulhu)
Orange (Halloween Chibithulhu)
The only problem is that they all have the same rules, which only applies to Cthulhu games.. So we decided to try making our own rules, and this is what we ended up with:
All of the chibithulhu's are of course one shot :)

Cthulhu Chibithulhu: This is the most complicated rule and it implies that you have a Cthulhu die, give the die to an opponent, he then rolls it;
Tentacle = Lose a level
Yellow sign = The one who threw the "curse" gets to take a random card from the cursed's hand
Elder sign = The one who threw the "curse" rolls the die instead
Cthulhu = Death, horrible agonising death..
The eye = No effect

Valentine Chibithulhu: Befriend all monsters in any one combat

Halloween Chibithulhu: Pick any one curse or madness from the discard pile and use it against any player..

We also had a plan for the Christmas Chibithulhu: roll a six sided die on a 1 through 4 you get that amount of face down treasure.. On a 5 through 6 you get too greedy and drop all things that require hands (discard them) also you get no presents(treasure)

Please tell me what you think, will you use this? :D
BonzaiiSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:23 PM   #257
bonetm

Well, now that Super Munchkin works like Half-Breed (you can have all the advantages and none of the disadvantages of beein only one class), the Brain for Super Munchkin is pretty much useless and undepowered.

So I'm thinking to give him a special power: Brains can use all Class-only itens. Of course, they don't get extra Hands or any other slots.

What you guys think? Too powerful?
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:32 PM   #258
MiniMunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonetm View Post
Well, now that Super Munchkin works like Half-Breed (you can have all the advantages and none of the disadvantages of beein only one class), the Brain for Super Munchkin is pretty much useless and undepowered.

So I'm thinking to give him a special power: Brains can use all Class-only itens. Of course, they don't get extra Hands or any other slots.

What you guys think? Too powerful?
I like the concept; the Brain can "figure out" how to use all items.

Perhaps let's keep our fingers crossed that the next printing makes Brains more useful?
MiniMunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:37 AM   #259
J_Spade

I was thinking of a new mechanic for a card that might be interesting.

There'd be a one-shot item called "A Deal With the Mafia," or something to that effect, whereby you play the card to immediately go up two levels, and put yourself "in debt" for 2000 gold. The debt increases by 200 gold each turn (your turn), including the turn on which you play the card. You keep the card in front of you, rotated upside-down, as a reminder.

You cannot win the game while in debt– you stop gaining levels at level 9 (18 for Epic). You can still gain treasures, etc., but you don't gain any levels for winning combat.

If your debt reaches 5000 gold, the Mafia kills you at the start of your turn. If you die while in debt, whether it be because the Mafia kills you, or as Bad Stuff, the Mafia loots your corpse (discard all the stuff) and nobody else gets anything. The debt is not transferred to your new character.

Last edited by J_Spade; 11-11-2010 at 12:19 PM.
J_Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #260
ComBAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonetm View Post
I was unaware that Super Munchkin wasn't always used like this. No wonder the Brain class doesn't make any sense to me. Sounds like it could use some kind of official 1-up update to make it useful in more than just Epic Munchkin. It's as useful as being classless right now.
ComBAT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combining different, doors, dummy hand, epic, extras, funny, gambling, gameplay, house rules, multi-deck, munchkin, munchkin zombies, new way to play, rules, rules variant, team, teams, two player, zombie dice