Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2023, 02:36 AM   #131
jcardii

Default Re: New Shopify Store!

The old store tells me if I try to purchase an item that I already own. When the port is complete, I expect the new store will notify me of the same thing sometime before the checkout phase of a purchase. Is this a feature that should be present? If so, would you like feedback on whether or not it works?
--
jcii
Old 02-14-2023, 07:11 PM   #132
adm

The old Warehouse 23 new products page would show non-SJGames products, how do I find them now?
Old 02-16-2023, 01:58 AM   #133
Taneli

I must say that I strongly object against ending the old Warehouse 23 store before making sure that all the purchases I've made are available for download in the new store.

Looks like more than half of the products I've purchased are not available for me to download at this time.

Good job, 0/5

Edit: I just noticed that I can still access the old store for the purpose of downloading my goodies from there, thank you!

Last edited by Taneli; 02-16-2023 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Extra info
Old 02-16-2023, 09:40 AM   #134
Gigermann

My 2¢ (as a professional ecommerce web developer, and inaugural user of W23, FWIW)

The way I've used W23 in the past is to go to the GURPS search page, which was sorted newest-to-oldest by default, and check for anything "new."

On the new Shopify site, the GURPS page has all the fluff at the top—which is fine for new customers, but mostly useless for recurring ones—with the part that I need way "below the fold," requiring a great deal of scrolling.

There's definitely a good point to be made for having everything on the same page, from a structural & SEO standpoint. I think the easiest solution would be to add a TOC, or anchor-link to the search part, so I only have to click once to drop down to the bit that I need. Otherwise (or additionally?) I'd be thinking about separating them into separate pages, so the search part can be seen more directly.

Also, unrelated:
It's been throwing me off because the latest addition to the old W23 site is the Vehicles: Triremes book, but I don't see that on the Shopify site at all, and the books appear in a different order—I'm guessing the added-dates aren't matching the old site (for more-or-less obvious reasons)? Did Vehicles get missed?
Old 02-16-2023, 09:40 AM   #135
Philip Villarreal
Warehouse 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taneli View Post
I must say that I strongly object against ending the old Warehouse 23 store before making sure that all the purchases I've made are available for download in the new store.

Looks like more than half of the products I've purchased are not available for me to download at this time.

Good job, 0/5

Edit: I just noticed that I can still access the old store for the purpose of downloading my goodies from there, thank you!
Your account on the old site should still be accessible. Can you email help@sjgames.com with your account info and which orders are missing so we can investigate?
Old 02-16-2023, 11:08 AM   #136
adm

How do I find releases from companies that are NOT SJGames?
Old 02-16-2023, 11:14 AM   #137
hcobb

Attempt to register on new site with old email gets me an activation link in the mail that then gives:

500 Internal Server Error
nginx/1.21.3

However I am then able to login to the site.
Old 02-16-2023, 11:28 AM   #138
Philip Villarreal
Warehouse 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by adm View Post
How do I find releases from companies that are NOT SJGames?
We are currently working on getting all of the 3rd party items correctly tagged so we can have a drop down menu for companies much like the old site.
Old 02-16-2023, 01:33 PM   #139
adm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Villarreal View Post
We are currently working on getting all of the 3rd party items correctly tagged so we can have a drop down menu for companies much like the old site.
Thank you.
Old 02-16-2023, 03:50 PM   #140
Paulon

Big fail from the start for me. Search needs to have a time based sort, new to old and old to new, not just sort by price or 'Relevance'. That's before I've even set up an account to log in.
Closed Thread