Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > SJ Games Discussion

Old 10-07-2022, 09:43 AM   #1
JLV

Default Latest "Three Things" Post

First, if a cargo ship actually reached Atlanta, I'm as impressed as I can possibly be -- I had no idea there was a river navigable by ocean-going ships that reached anywhere near Atlanta! Second, if the cargo ship is docked in Atlanta, I think we can all understand why it will take the Longshoremen a while to "get to it;" first, they have to actually get to it! :-)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 01:30 PM   #2
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Latest "Three Things" Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
First, if a cargo ship actually reached Atlanta, I'm as impressed as I can possibly be -- I had no idea there was a river navigable by ocean-going ships that reached anywhere near Atlanta! Second, if the cargo ship is docked in Atlanta, I think we can all understand why it will take the Longshoremen a while to "get to it;" first, they have to actually get to it! :-)
The container goes to Savannah. Our primary warehouse is in the Atlanta area.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 06:49 PM   #3
HeatDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
The Chattahoochee River [not making that up] is navigable from Columbus to it's mouth on the Gulf of Mexico, but it would be probably a multi-billion dollar infrastructure project to make it navigable up to Atlanta.

Yep, if you look at a Google satellite view of downtown Columbus, GA, you can see the precise spot where that river stops being navigable.

Last edited by HeatDeath; 10-22-2022 at 06:59 PM.
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 07:12 PM   #4
Mack_JB

Back in the olden days, some steamboats could navigate in water as little as three inches deep. The Tug Fork between Kentucky and West Virginia even had steamboat service.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atlanta, game delays, longshoremen