Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 08-06-2020, 08:27 AM   #1
Outis99

Default Question about a certain item and what happens when fighting 2 monsters

The english title of this item should be something like +3 title of nobility, it has no value and is not placed in any hand or anywhere else. I used the "A little help please" card to borrow that item so I can win a fight, but the player I stole it from insisted that it's not considered to be an item or equipment therefore you can't steal it.

Second question if I'm fighting 2 monsters from a card like "companion" and I choose to use the dice to escape from one of them, can I then fight the other one or am I forced to use the dice? Also in another scenario if I'm fighting 2 monsters and I use the dice but I fail for one of the monsters can I use a changing potion to force someone else to fight them?
Thanks so much for taking time to help me also I have the game in another language but I think my translations should make sense
Outis99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:35 AM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Question about a certain item and what happens when fighting 2 monsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outis99 View Post
I used the "A little help please" card to borrow that item so I can win a fight, but the player I stole it from insisted that it's not considered to be an item or equipment therefore you can't steal it.
I'm sorry to tell you that the other player was correct. If a card has no printed Gold Piece information at all (not even "No Value"), it's not an Item and can't be stolen by Help Me Out Here.

Quote:
Second question if I'm fighting 2 monsters from a card like "companion" and I choose to use the dice to escape from one of them, can I then fight the other one or am I forced to use the dice? Also in another scenario if I'm fighting 2 monsters and I use the dice but I fail for one of the monsters can I use a changing potion to force someone else to fight them?
You can't re-enter combat once you have decided to Run Away. If you Run from one monster, you can't turn around and fight the rest; you have to keep Running.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:59 AM   #3
Outis99

Default Re: Question about a certain item and what happens when fighting 2 monsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
I'm sorry to tell you that the other player was correct. If a card has no printed Gold Piece information at all (not even "No Value"), it's not an Item and can't be stolen by Help Me Out Here.

You can't re-enter combat once you have decided to Run Away. If you Run from one monster, you can't turn around and fight the rest; you have to keep Running.
I see, and one last question can a thief keep discarding cards and throwing a dice to steal a card multiple times in his turn? Does the same work the halfing for throwing dice to Run Away
Outis99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:09 AM   #4
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
I see, and one last question can a thief keep discarding cards and throwing a dice to steal a card multiple times in his turn? Does the same work the halfing for throwing dice to Run Away
The Thief can steal as long as she has cards she's willing to discard to try stealing.

A Halfling only gets one second Run Away attempt. If the second roll fails, suffer the Bad Stuff.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote