Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2023, 11:19 PM   #1581
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter will rush over to Goliath and investigate his injury!

"Can anyone understand me? I need some bandages! And incense if you've got it."

If no one assists, Peter will try and scrounge up something cleaner than his scarecrow clothes to bandage the dog's injury, and if he sees any herbs or something he could use in lieu of incense, he will try the Clockwork Sky Magic to heal the dog. If he can locate a substitute, he will try and "capture" their language.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 11:37 AM   #1582
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter rushes over to Goliath. The dog has deep lacerations, though he seems to be able to move... He's watching the beast as it flees. In the middle of the street, there is nothing clean to bandage with... though that could change if Peter takes a few minutes to look around.

The man with the hood and cloak stands with his sword, keeping an eye on both Peter and the fleeing Beast. He says a few things in a hard, suspicious tone, maybe asking Peter a question. He seems worried that Peter is as dangerous as the thing that was just chased off.

Peter is pretty sure he saw some cloth in the hut with the woman. At the very least there will be clean(er) straw in the bedding. As he goes towards it, the man in the hood heads him off. He's worried about what Peter is going to do in there (Successful Gesture)
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 01:03 PM   #1583
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter will try and indicate Goliath's injuries and pantomimes how he would tear what he is wearing for a bandage, but that it is filthy.

He will use gesture and his ability to use his diplomacy wordlessly to try and convey that he means them no harm and would like their help.

Is there a well or trough for a public water supply?
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 08:38 AM   #1584
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

The man considers it, and then pulls out a bandage from under his cloak, and gives it to Peter in exchange for his stick. He shouts a few things to the town, and a few people shout back. Six men show up with weapons: four halberds, two crossbows, and some clubs. Their crossbows look much less impressive than the weapon that the cloaked man missed with earlier.

People are looking after the woman who was injured.

The Cloaked man leads Peter to a well on his request, and then watches him carefully, hand on his sword. A crowd gathers around him, and they don't bother to whisper whatever it is they're saying about him.

A man in long black robes wearing what looks like religious regalia arrives, holding a censor of burning incense. He speaks to the man in the cloak, asking him questions, seemingly about Peter and the Dog. He's also the source of the magical field that looks like the church.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 10:47 AM   #1585
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter will relinquish his makeshift weapon and see to Goliath, and the girl if she is not being attended to already.

Peter has no idea if this incense is close enough... but he will attempt using it to use the Clockwork world magic to borrow their language and heal Goliath and the girl. If it feel like it will work, he will try and take his time to get it right...

If he is unable to use the magic to gain their language, he will use the charades method to explain that the monster went after the girl in the woods and they scared it off, and she ran the other way, and then they followed the girl to the village and it looks like the monster did too.

Spoiler:  
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 10:39 AM   #1586
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Peter will relinquish his makeshift weapon and see to Goliath, and the girl if she is not being attended to already.
The girl is being tended to.


Quote:
Peter has no idea if this incense is close enough... but he will attempt using it to use the Clockwork world magic to borrow their language and heal Goliath and the girl. If it feel like it will work, he will try and take his time to get it right...
How will get the incense?



Spoiler:  


Quote:
If he is unable to use the magic to gain their language, he will use the charades method to explain that the monster went after the girl in the woods and they scared it off, and she ran the other way, and then they followed the girl to the village and it looks like the monster did too.
Note: the woman injured and the woman who ran are two different people
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 10:49 AM   #1587
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
How will get the incense?
He needs to "get" it? It's smoke particles in the air (that he can control with Karana...) Having it close by isn't enough, he has to handle the source of it? He can't walk over to the guy with the incense and try and use it to capture his language? (Does it smell sweet enough?)

If he has to handle it, he will try and pantomime the request to hold it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Note: the woman injured and the woman who ran are two different people
That is really weird... Is the house on the outskirts of the village or did it pass other potential targets on the way?
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 09:44 AM   #1588
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
He needs to "get" it? It's smoke particles in the air (that he can control with Karana...) Having it close by isn't enough, he has to handle the source of it? He can't walk over to the guy with the incense and try and use it to capture his language? (Does it smell sweet enough?)
You need a fair amount of incense very close ... but Karana will suffice.

Peter moves his arms, and the incense moves from the censer towards him*, then swirls around. The man holding it starts chanting something, and the crowd moves back a yard or two. The man in the dark grey cloak who led him here places his hand on his sword and steps towards Peter. Some sort of effect is building in the man with the censer. Something similar to the effect around the church.

He can heal Goliath, or try and get someone to step closer and get their knowledge of the language. which one is first?

*The ability to manipulate smoke as part of Karana was supposed to be a special effect, but Peter has really go a lot of mileage out of it!

Quote:
That is really weird... Is the house on the outskirts of the village or did it pass other potential targets on the way?
The house is on the outskirts of the village.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 11:01 AM   #1589
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter's priority will depend on how Peter's evaluation of the wound and how Goliath is reacting.

Unless the dog terrified or apparently in great pain, he will prioritize acquiring the language so that he can explain himself and get their assistance and heal the injured.

Peter moves his hand to mimic his mouth and tries to get the concept across to the man with his hand on his sword.

"This will let us talk"

He will flash his disarming smile... (Another thing Peter gets a LOT of mileage out of...)

Spoiler:  
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 07:58 AM   #1590
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Peter's priority will depend on how Peter's evaluation of the wound and how Goliath is reacting.
Unless the dog terrified or apparently in great pain, he will prioritize acquiring the language so that he can explain himself and get their assistance and heal the injured.
Goliath is fine: he's above HP/3.



Quote:
Peter moves his hand to mimic his mouth and tries to get the concept across to the man with his hand on his sword.

"This will let us talk"

He will flash his disarming smile... (Another thing Peter gets a LOT of mileage out of...)
You rolled a 6 on your reaction roll and a 17 on your diplomacy... would you like to use your luck? I'm not sure how critical failures work with diplomacy... but you're already in a precarious position.


Spoiler:  
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lost in dreams

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.