Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2023, 09:59 AM   #1511
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Peter will grab a source of generating smoke if he is able to do so quickly... with a quick search perhaps he can locate a toy smoke machine he can grab on the way or a simple book of matches or lighter and something to burn if not... an incense stick would likely be ideal.
Hmmm. I don't think he got any pocket money. Lighters are in multiple stores, as is incense. rolling scrounging against default... that's a success. Peter goes back behind one of the camping stores, picks through their trash, and finds a lighter that works inconsistently.


Quote:
He heads for what his investigation reveals to be the most likely cargo check point or other bottle neck where he might intercept the container.
There are a series of loading docks along the edge of the "Can". Two of them make a lot more sense than the others (the two closest).


Quote:
Peter will position himself where he can somewhat stay out of sight and send small karana-bugs out as scouts to search for the girl's container.
The "docks" are not open to the public. They take up an area at least 200 yards across and 200 yards long, right next to the edge of the can. Thin wall of sheet metal separates it from the rest of the habitat, with large garage style doors studded along it periodically. He can find holes here and there large enough to sneak a ladybug or wasp through... but he can only control the bug when he's within 20 yards of it, and there doesn't seem to be a convenient place to stand nearby.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 12:12 PM   #1512
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter will search for a way to sneak or break in... or a low security access he may be able to bluff his way through.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 10:02 AM   #1513
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

I'm not seeing streetwise, Forced Entry, or Urban survival on Peter's sheet, which would be the best skills for getting through here some way. Rolling from default... and I got a 7. Which is a bare success. Peter finds an section of wall that's a bit wobbly... He can probably peel it back and try to slip through. Good thing he hasn't reached his full frame yet.. That would be an escape roll vs default (-6) at +4 for not being real restraints, and +2 for his size... So a DX roll to get through. Failure by 4 or more results in getting stuck.

He can also try and follow someone through. That's quite doable. Or try to sneak through the front office.


Let me know which option he takes.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 10:22 AM   #1514
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter walks away from his entry point and tells Goliath to "Stay!" before returning to the flaw he's located in the defenses.

He attempts to squeeze in thorough the wobbly wall section.

I made Peter's DX roll by 1...

If he makes it through, he will scout for the girl's container and find hiding spots to send bugs where he can't go unseen.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 09:47 AM   #1515
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter squeezes through. There are a couple of people working in the area, but there is plenty of cover, especially if he's going to use the Karana bugs rather than personally search himself.



He doesn't have any relevant skills, but his PER is 14... He's able to find what he thinks is the correct shipping container, after quite a bit of looking around (like 30 minutes). Its locked, and has a dial on it indicating its sealed as well. Its door is in a fairly conspicuous spot, next to the main transportation route. So far, his stealth seems to have held.


About 15 minutes into his search, A big door opposite from where he entered opens, he feels the air pressure change, and a bunch of containers are moved out, but with strange caps on one end, perhaps the size of a semi engine. The caps are removed, and giant forklifts stack the containers. Then new containers with caps are put in the door, and it shuts. The forklifts don't seem to have active drivers...
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 09:31 PM   #1516
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter makes several small critters to climb on and around the structure, and he has them pierce themselves or each other to start several trickles of smoke to appear rising from the container, while another out of sight makes banging noises on the container to draw others attention.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 02:05 PM   #1517
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter gathers up all the flammable trash he's been able to lay his lands on, and is able to make enough creatures to make his plan work. Smallish creatures (mice, grasshoppers, wasps???) can hold enough smoke to make the trickles he wants, and makes a <??? rabbit ??? compy ??? small Racoon ???> to make the banging.



The small animal can't bang very hard... he's not sure if he's got their attention yet.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 02:19 PM   #1518
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter will do some banging himself / throw an object to make noise, or otherwise try and draw more attention to the container if it comes to that...

For the smallest critters, a small swarm of locusts will do... Peter will find a small metallic object for a compy to grip onto and bang on the top of the container for extra volume when the time comes.

If there are not people around, Peter will wait to pull the trigger on the smoke until someone is heading towards the container in a position to see... You mentioned it was in a conspicuous spot.

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 07-20-2023 at 07:39 PM.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 09:09 AM   #1519
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Rolling scrounging... 14! a bare success!

The loose nut makes a much louder noise, and a worker comes to check it out....


Rolling stealth (for compy) ... 12! failure by two!

The worker sees at least some motion... but also sees the smoke coming from around the "edges". He calls for backup. Then he quickly checks around, sees something that satisfies him, and unlocks (and unseals) the container.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 09:34 AM   #1520
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

The remaining Karana creatures all dash inside the container to try and locate the cat girl and make her location apparent to the searchers.

Peter hopes his critters can get the job done while he remains unseen.

Edit:

Peter's vision of her in the container should let him know what part of the container she is in, should it not?

Peter will pull out his phone and start to take video of the chaos.

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 07-21-2023 at 09:20 PM.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lost in dreams

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.