Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 07-30-2018, 11:58 AM   #11
pyratejohn

Default Re: Ideas for new Solo Scenarios...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
Mmm. Bucaneers! I'd love me some piratical goodness. Plus, maybe some good rules for ship-to-ship fights and boarding actions -- there was a set of rules for that in one of the Spacegamers, as I recall, but Steve may not have rights to that...not sure what issue it was in.
Ships and Swords? From Space Gamer 24? If so, I loved that one.
Old 07-30-2018, 12:36 PM   #12
JLV

Thank you! That would be the one.

You know what would be a nice addition here or elsewhere one of these days? For one of us to sit down and go through all the Spacegamers and provide an index to where to find any and all articles related to TFT -- even among the issues that Steve doesn't own!
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 01:09 PM   #13
luguvalium

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
Thank you! That would be the one.

You know what would be a nice addition here or elsewhere one of these days? For one of us to sit down and go through all the Spacegamers and provide an index to where to find any and all articles related to TFT -- even among the issues that Steve doesn't own!
Here are some lists already compiled:

http://www.loran.karoo.net/tft/articles.txt

https://jeffro.wordpress.com/2012/06...e-gamer-27-31/

One more: Look under Linked Items: Relationship: Issues
https://rpggeek.com/rpg/445/fantasy-trip

Space and Fantasy Gamer's Guide probably already has everything, but its only hardcopy. I have it, so I can look up anything that's needed

http://www.thegamesjournal.com/artic...merGuide.shtml

Last edited by luguvalium; 07-30-2018 at 03:06 PM.
luguvalium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 01:15 PM   #14
luguvalium

Here is another idea: It may not be easily turned into a solo adventure, but consider it a challenge. You are in charge of a stronghold in the wilderness that frequently gets raided. You need to carefully consider how to allocate your resources: Low level fighters, high level fighers, wizards, stronger doors, traps, etc. Once you've placed you resources, randomly generated raiders attack and see how far they get. It could be a human or dwarven stronghold, or for a twist, an orc stronghold that gets raided by humans.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:45 PM   #15
JLV

That sounds like a great microgame to me -- plus it would let you introduce mass combat and siege warfare rules to the game! Brilliant!
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 02:12 PM   #16
Jim Kane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by luguvalium View Post
Here is another idea:...You are in charge of a stronghold in the wilderness that frequently gets raided. You need to carefully consider how to allocate your resources...ect
That sounds *very* serviceable. What I like best about your idea, is that it flips the *raid the enemy base* scenario on it's head; which is a refreshing idea.

Good creative thinking there Luguvalium.

JK

Last edited by Jim Kane; 07-30-2018 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Typo
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:43 PM   #17
Kirk

Quote:
Here is another idea: It may not be easily turned into a solo adventure, but consider it a challenge. You are in charge of a stronghold in the wilderness that frequently gets raided. You need to carefully consider how to allocate your resources: Low level fighters, high level fighers, wizards, stronger doors, traps, etc. Once you've placed you resources, randomly generated raiders attack and see how far they get. It could be a human or dwarven stronghold, or for a twist, an orc stronghold that gets raided by humans.
Have you played Dungeon Lords? ;)
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:22 PM   #18
luguvalium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
Have you played Dungeon Lords? ;)
I have not.

A young orc or orcs, followers of the Nameless One seeking sraash has never been explored in any adventure I know of.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:43 AM   #19
zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyratejohn View Post
GURPS Conan Beyond Thunder River comes to mind... if I'm not mistaken, it had a system of keywords that acted like your "triggers." Doing X would give you a keyword, and some of the paragraphs instructed you to do certain things based on the keywords you have collected.
I like solo game keywords a lot -- they're like "lock & key" quests in video RPGs.
zot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 12:56 AM   #20
guymc

Quote:
As a consumer, I’d grab that off the shelf at my FLGS and take it to the register in a heartbeat. Nice concept!

Tags
ideas to share, microquests, solos