Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 03-10-2021, 02:33 PM   #11
SolemnGolem

Default Re: You All Meet at an Inn

I got some very helpful responses on the GURPS Discord channels. One major tweak I'm going to make (mostly as a handwave) to help my gaming group is: The rock-based enemies can be weakened by fire spells. (The rationale is that the dwarves used fire to forge these construct defenders, so fire likewise can unmake them.)

After an enemy has been hit by a fire spell, it loses DR equal to the hp damage that the fire spell would normally have done. Any excess damage from the fire is then converted into duration (1 second per point) before the rock creature starts to regain its DR.

While the rock creature is at reduced stone DR, it is magma-like on its surface, meaning that bladed and pointed weapons can do more normal damage. However, the rock creature will spew forth sparks and a rain of magma droplets if struck, potentially threatening nearby melee assailants with some damage. This means that the swashbuckler PC will get to show off some deft footwork, and the ranged scout/assassin PC can engage in distance sniping.

And the fire mage, while not doing any direct damage herself, will nonetheless be quite important to debuff the enemies so her buddies can get in and start dealing damage to the enemies.

Meanwhile the ST 18 Barbarian is wading into the rock creatures with her Club of Obstreperous Problem-Solving while shouting "Problem???" as she is wont to do.

Edited: session 1 report with map screenshots. Please note the underground cavern departs significantly from the published adventure to better accommodate the traits of my players and my limitations as a GM.

Here's a Tabletop Simulator 3D build of the tavern map, along with an attached stables. The Rock Mites milled around the tavern harmlessly and also entered the stables. At one point, a character attempting to escape through the stables tripped over a chest of coins, which the Rock Mites distractedly mobbed, trying to eat the yummy metals.

I also have a Tabletop Simulator 3D build of the caverns but these depart quite drastically from the published Pyramid adventure. If these screenshots are too unrelated to post here, and thus deserve to go elsewhere, I can remove them as needed.

Here's a top down view of the entire map as overview. Similar to the published adventure, the PCs enter through a well and get to an underground river, which they must cross. This leads to a place of dark power, and defeating the dark power will liberate the overworld from the localized horde.

The well entrance has a bit of setting-specific backstory: the new government has been sending out water purification tablets to most settlements. The innkeeper forgot to dose the water correctly, and then threw all the remaining chlorine tablets in at once before the new caravan arrived. The concentrated chlorine gas caused a weakened tomb wall to finally break open, unleashing the angry dwarf draug's curse ("Leave my land!" which causes a load of Rock Mites and other rock beings to rise and eject the interlopers). Above the entrance way, you can see a red plate with runic writing in it - I secreted 10 of these around the underground system, and if the PCs notice them, they can also stop the Rock Mite horde by defacing all 10 of them. [It's not looking good - the PCs have largely ignored them and have not made inquiries.]

Beyond the well entrance, the angry dwarf draug kept two Granite Wolves (a downpowered version of Obsidian Jaguars) near the entrance, as well as two Rock Mites near the back of the chamber. The PCs took out the two Wolves without much trouble, and then engaged the Rock Mites. At this point it became obvious that the barbarian (shield and club) was having a breeze, but the fire mages, archer, and swashbuckler were starting struggle with the high DR, so I enacted the workaround mechanic described above (fire removes the DR, allowing normal combat effectiveness from "finesse style" enemies). Here's an overhead view of this room - note that two Stone Golems were visible beyond the rock pillars at the far end but cannot be engaged by the PCs. This was more for a foreshadowing than anything else.

After dusting off the Rock Mites, two more Rock Mites and a Rock Troll came from a side passageway. The PCs defeated them and were ready for a bit of rest. They examined a mural on the wall, which recounted a battle of Groshpalk, a dwarven thane, who held off a human army in a mountain pass. His army eventually prevailed by setting a trap, luring the human army against Groshpalk's elite personal guard, and then triggering an avalanche that killed the humans' spearhead. (Unfortunately it buried Groshpalk and his handful of loyal retainers too, but Groshpalk accepted that as a sacrifice.) The mural ends with the usual admonition "Leave my land".

Last edited by SolemnGolem; 03-30-2021 at 10:37 AM.
SolemnGolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:40 AM   #12
SolemnGolem

As a meta-handwave, I left open a line of communication with the tavern above, where a gear provider merchant stood ready to lower any particular type of mundane gear they needed. (She had a trained crow fly down to the dungeon level with a scroll case at its leg, so the PCs can put in a shopping list request at will.) This was a case of The GM Is Being Nice Because It's Everybody's First DFRPG Adventure, and one PC mage decided he wanted to handwave some knowledge of the Earth to Air spell (and he had 1 point to spend on it) and another PC decided she wanted a knobbed club to better to brain things with.

The approach to the river had some spottable stalactite traps, visible in this screenshot as silhouettes on the ground. Two stalactites will fall when a player walks below the further of the two, thus threatening potentially more than one player if they were closely bunched together. I've pared it down to 3d damage instead of 10d as per the Traps section. As it played out, the barbarian was taking point, so her relatively high DR meant that she shrugged off most of the damage.

As before, the river has Leaping Leeches and some Water Serpents (downpowered Phase Serpents). I'm also including a Deep Chimera/Amphimera as shown in Pyramid 3-113 p.19, which will menace the PCs if they spend too long in the water or if they explore too close to the south end of the cavern.

As shown in the screenshot for the northern end of the water cavern, I'm placing some shootable stalactites to block the watercourse if they spot it, which will lead to the river receding in level over a half hour or so. (Making the Leaping Leeches and Serpents less scary.) But the Amphimera will still be a potential big threat. As it turned out, the PCs noticed that the stalactites could fall, and they even used Walk on Air to lever one of them down to fall into the river, but they were too distracted by leeches and water serpents attacking the swimming party members to finish the job.

Out of the expectation that at least one PC will likely try to blast the water with lightning, I was prepared to treat such an attack as an Explosive spell centered on the hex which she shoots, potentially doing lots of damage to the Leeches and Serpents - although the Amphimera has an Immunity (Electricity) since it uses electric shocks itself. As it turned out, the PCs did not use lightning after all, perhaps because one PC went into the water early on.

To the south end of the cavern, the main draw is on one side with an opulent tomb entry way with another "Leave My Land" rune high on the crosspiece. But for those PCs who can fend off or avoid the Amphimera, I've put a little bonus niche around the river on the other side as a reward: a little Speleid (GURPS Underground) rock nymph makes her grotto there, and if they offer a gem as a sacrifice, she can give them an oil which has various combat bonus effects against rock beings. The exact power will depend on the color of the gem, and can include: DR divisor if smeared on a blade, DR elimination for a few rounds if used as part of any missile spell, and a grenade-like attack with the oil to convert stone into a muddy mire (slowing the enemy).

These oils lose their potency after being removed from the cave.

The PCs did not trigger the Amphimera, and did not follow the eastern side of the cave wall around to the Speleid's grotto, so they ended up at the entry way to the dwarven tomb. There was a tile grid on the ground, as well as two patrolling Stone Golems who seemed uninterested in bothering the PCs, although once they approached the grid, the Stone Golems walked away and stood flanking the tomb door entrance, as if expectant.

Hmm... tiles, you say? Smells like a puzzle. Looks like this GM is a fan of contrived dungeon pattern recognition tests!, etc. The solution to this came about from a dwarven drinking song (performed by the GM without the aid of alcohol) at the start of the adventure when the players were at the tavern.

Last edited by SolemnGolem; 03-28-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-29-2021, 02:56 PM   #13
InexplicableVic

Really nice work with Tabletop Simulator. I'm partial to FoundryVTT these days, having played or GM'd on Roll20, Fantasy Grounds Unity, and FoundryVTT. But that work for Tabletop Simulator is really darn good.
InexplicableVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 07:21 AM   #14
Kalzazz

I didn't remember Stalactite trap are those new?
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 07:35 AM   #15
Kalzazz

So I did it with somewhat less low level characters

1. First encounter did like 30 or so zombies which I misread the erupting from courtyard bit so they all started near the gate, killed them easily and closed the gate

2. They decided to ignore the well so and go on the roof to shoot at zombies, so I had a dozen foul bats and a dozen bird swarms come at them which they fought off, clued in on the well, and used create fire to anchor the gate to keep zombies off it

3. I had toxifier spawn every second instead of every 10 seconds, combined with the party trying to slowly get into the room from dangling on a rope in the well this was a messy fight and a lot of the party got hurt or wet (one PC got knocked out and set on fire by flame lord then kicked into the water by her friends to put her out)

4. Using N got 4 stone golems, stone golems were wimps and reduced to confetti in 2 rounds flat. Easy to hit, unnatural means easy to kill once you hit, they just don't bring it. The parties slugger had set her shield down to open the Draugr coffin and I had boosted the Draugr with higher skill, extra attack and weapon master, and he ended up putting down the slugger, and with his higher active defenses and DR put up way more a fight than the golems, but couldn't outright the entire party do down he went
Old 03-30-2021, 08:47 AM   #16
Kalzazz

5. 20 or so phase serpents plus leeches in the stream. They pulled the lever and drained stream so were looking at serpents in the mud instead. Decided to have the squishiest member flown over and thief climb.

Those guys get to other side and have a half dozen rock mites burst out to attack. The phase serpents are mostly wiped out by Terror, one party member starts slow slog through mud, a couple fend off few serpents on the near end while our other heroes duke it out with rock mites. By the time the slugger finally reaches the other side the rock mites are all dead. The surviving phase serpents are so traumatized they just run away.

6. I never got to use my leech token and some of party members were late. So in the long hallway fought it out with a half dozen dire leeches and a bear shark! Of course there should be dire leeches and a bear shark in the hallway, the logic is impeccable.

7. Boss fight. The peshkali was upgraded to a Phase Peshkali, got more resistances, armor, ST, skill and weapon master and her swords got phase serpents venom and she got an entourage of 5 zombies and 2 phase serpents. The top hallway was defended by a snake demon wrestler and a zombie, the bottom by snake demon swash and a zombie, and the middle by a snake demon knight and 4 zombies, and I upped the totems fire every round and to do area effects and much more damage (and be IFF so not affect the other monsters). I forgot about spawning additional critters though.

The party laid in, and the lesser demons mostly failed to do much but they and zombies did cause some bogging down and absorbing attacks and the area effects did mess up some of the party (and one PC ended up chased around by zombies for a bit), and the peshkali laid into the hero with a lot of tough skin and he felt all the toxins, but eventually once party members were able to dogpile her the peshkali went down and went down hard
Old 03-31-2021, 08:00 PM   #17
SolemnGolem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan506 View Post
Really nice work with Tabletop Simulator. I'm partial to FoundryVTT these days, having played or GM'd on Roll20, Fantasy Grounds Unity, and FoundryVTT. But that work for Tabletop Simulator is really darn good.
Thank you! I started puttering around with it in late February before this DFRPG group got really going, and I've enjoyed it. Very WYSIWIG, although there are occasional synching problems among players. ("Why is my PC stuck in a wall... and three times the size of all the other PCs?")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
I didn't remember Stalactite trap are those new?
Yes, that's a little variant that I threw in. Honestly, the underground portion is now quite different from the original published adventure, thematically and in specifics. Off the top of my head:

1. The whole complex is heavily themed for dwarven burial.
2. Most of the enemies are stone animations. (A section of water features living enemies.)
3. The draug is the end boss of the level, not a mid-boss. There is a specter after the draug who's more of a "traitor punished forever by the buried thane".
4. Demons and Squid-Things are absent. (I will use them later but I want them to be more of an existential advanced threat.)

I'll post more details of this dungeon as my PCs progress through it. They're almost at the end, so I expect I'll need to prepare a fair bit of loot for them. I need to do some good thinking regarding "stuff that is immediately useable and they'll definitely want to keep" and "stuff that the local store has for sale at high prices so they want to sell the unwanted stuff in order to buy it".
Old 07-13-2021, 08:06 PM   #18
SolemnGolem

Adventure report part 1 above

Adventure report part 2 above

Final adventure report part 3:

The PCs, faced with the Contrived Pattern Recognition Challenge By One Of Those GMs, recalled a dwarvish drinking song which the GM had previously performed above ground:

Quote:
Bury Axe Rock, Bury Axe Rock, Hold the Pass and Bury Axe Rock. (x2)
Scythe the wheat and carry home the sheaves
Line the defiles and butcher every sheep
Come let them come, till the bloodlettin’s done
Till we chop the props and rubble comes thun’-
’dering down, from summit to the ground!
(The above song can be sung to the tune of the Russian Volga River Boatmen song, Uy Ukhnem, for GMs of fitting musical persuasion.)

This song provided the clues for the order in which to press the tiles. ("Axe Rock" is also the Common tongue translation of the dwarven thane who was put to rest here, Groshpalk, but that's just a bit of color.)

Pressing the tiles in the wrong order caused a squad of one Stone Golem and four Rock Mites to spawn in the chamber and attack them, and the puzzle reset. Pressing them in the right order caused the doors to open and admit the PCs into Groshpalk's own crypt. In this case, the PCs triggered the summoned defense squads about three or four times, depleting a fair bit of their healing and paut.

Luckily, the Crow link to the above ground merchants had no problem following them to this chamber after the combat ended. They put in a request for healing potions and paut into the crow's leg-scroll, and it flew back with a few from above. They healed up about halfway and then went on ahead.

The Big Boss:

At this stage, the PCs were still pretty full of liquid courage and vinegar, so I sent two separate squads of big bads against them. The first was Groshpalk's brother Breshvard, a draug flanked by a Granite Wolf (downpowered Obsidian Jaguar).

Once they finished him off, Groshpalk himself came out from the shadows flanked by two dwarven zombies carrying heavy shields, opening with two thrown axes to soften up the opposition and then engaging in melee combat. The idea was that Groshpalk would commit to Deceptive All-Out Attacks with a Very Large Battleaxe to hack the party's barbarian tank down to size, and meanwhile his two shieldbearers would sacrifice their Blocks to prevent him from taking too much damage.

The combat came down pretty close, too. The barbarian was rolling fairly worrying "Stay Alive at negative HP" rolls by the time Groshpalk was reduced to zero HP. At this point, the GM mistakenly declared Groshpalk dead (in the RAW, draugr can actually continue fighting at negative HP until they too fail a HT check) but ultimately it was all for the best, since the party was very leaky and needed a break.

The treasure trove:

Groshpalk in life was a pragmatist, and disdained the idea of opulence for both the living and the dead. The main burial goods with him, therefore, were things both of relatively low useability (for dwarves) and things of low fungible value, mostly sentimental.

They included:
  • An elven bow with the former owner's name, Lavardael, carved into it, then scratched out and replaced by a human victor's name, Cirkali Paalik, scratched back in, then that name scratched out again and a dwarven victor's name, Groshpalk, scratched in. "What an eloquently tragic history of bloody violence and consecutive looting," said the party's mouseman archer, as he looted this lost bow himself, having killed Groshpalk.
  • A light-emitting gem set in a fine lacquered wood frame. Again, an elven artifact, looted by the human army that led against Groshpalk, and buried with Groshpalk since dwarves have no problem seeing in the dark. This was claimed by the nudist half-elf cleric PC who followed the Dodgy Religion Skeptically Viewed By the Authorities (we're not allowed to say "cult" until the in-campaign judicial process has been completed) since it seems elfish enough.
  • A flame jewel that summons fire elementals. Very bad mojo in the DFRPG setting, since summons are dangerous, weakening the dimensions so that Bad Other Things can get through. Any sufficiently eldritch alien becomes indistinguishable from a singularity, and all that. The party's pyromaniac mage claimed this, although she didn't know how to use it.
  • A tiny jewel on a finger-chain that briefly blinded the swashbuckler with a dazzling spray of light when he mishandled it. Later, a dwarven jeweler aboveground helped him secure the gem over his rapier hilt, so he could spend 1 FP to activate it and potentially blind an opponent for 1 second.
  • A stone tablet with summoning sigils and a Rock Mite on the reverse side. This was claimed by the non-pyromaniac wizard, who is more interested in teleportation, portals, dimensions, and so forth. He can't figure out how to use it yet, but this will become a plot point later on as the campaign matures.
  • Prosaically, armor and boots for the barbarian. Nonmagical, ill-fitting human-sized armor (and thus low value to dwarves, hence being buried with their leader) scavenged hodgepodge from the fallen humans at the battle centuries ago to construct a reasonably full set of mismatched armor. Due to the mismatching, the armor's DR bonus is halved until the barbarian can get to human Town.
  • A valuable gem! Moonstone set in silver, with religious importance (now forgotten) but also with runic writing showing that this was an ancestral artifact given to Groshpalk by his mother. Sadly none of the PCs could read it, so they just pocketed it thinking they would sell it for loot.
  • A cooking pot with human old runes on it (predating the current government) that contain a bit of religious chant lyrics, which will cause the pot to heat up and cook anything organic into edible food for four people on a campaign. The dwarves noted that the food created was specifically catered to human tastes and heavily disputed the "edible" qualifier for it, leaving it with Groshpalk as a testament to his victory. The carvings on the side show the old religion opening the city gates to the homeless, and feeding them. (The old religion was a City On The Hill type faith, and the Gatekeeper was its main philosophical concept. By the time of its collapse it had become stratified and exclusionary, and the current government won broad popular support to overthrow it.)
  • A helmet, worn by Cirkali Paalik, the general of the humans whom Groshpalk's gambit killed at the battle. The helmet has wings on the sides and is quite fancy and ornate, but its true power is that it gives Great Voice to the wearer. Handy for battlefield commanders. A facetious wax tablet contains a faux-technical diagram of Cirkali Paalik wearing the helmet, with his neck broken from the rockfall, and a bird's nest comically perched in the wings, giving rise to the dwarven term of abuse for all humans: Nesters. (Spooneristically euphemized as "Nookin Festers" in a meaningless intensifier when the mood strikes them.)
  • Wax tablets memorializing the battle against the Nesters and extolling the dwarven leadership. The current human government is very interested in securing these, to tamp down dwarven ethnic separatism.

The trove chamber also contained two enemies: A Helmet Thief monster, which the swashbuckler was delighted to find was made of this thing called "flesh" and thus had "organs" and "vitals" and suffered "critical hits" and stuff, so he made quick work of it.

And it contained a Specter, bound here for centuries and mad with rage. The entire party could have ended up very poorly, but the half-elf cleric was able to enchant the swashbuckler's rapier to affect insubstantial. The specter still managed to put the S'uckler into a world of hurt before it went down.

Afterward, the cleric experienced a vision that explained the specter: one of the tomb crafter apprentices snuck back in, decades later, to try to steal Groshpalk's maternal stone, and Groshpalk responded angrily to this presumptiveness, breaking both of the intruder's legs at the knee and then entombing him in the treasure room, unable to stand up to reach all the good stuff on the shelves, and forced to put diminishing organic matter and water into the pot to survive. The apprentice starved to death in despair and agony, with a massive stone rolled into the pathway of the entrance by Groshpalk's vengeful draug to seal off his escape.

The apprentice's skeletal remains are still by the shelves, cradling the pot, crushed short at the kneecaps.

(Links have been updated to show screenshots.)

Last edited by SolemnGolem; 07-17-2021 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-13-2021, 08:07 PM   #19
SolemnGolem

Final adventure report part 2

Bonus map region!

The crow brought another message from up above (the government has a logistical coordinator watching out for the PCs) which informed them that there was another small portion undiscovered, opposite the beach which had the tile puzzle on it.

The PCs decided to explore this, first climbing onto the arch on the near shore and securing rope to it, then using Walk On Air to unroll the rope above and across the water's surface, to affix it to the other side. There, a small altar stood, with some smoke-blackened censers and a few runes carved (listing the names of the tomb crafter dwarves, and giving thanks to the Spirit of the Cave for allowing them to build here).

Unfortunately, the PCs who got there were mostly agility-based, not academic-based, so they missed most of the options here. A speleid nymph can appear here by putting a gem in the censer and lighting oil there, and the speleid can gift the PCs with certain rock-altering oils which can reduce DR, or cause parts of the battlefield to entrap stone-based beings, and so forth.

In any case, this was something intended to give them an easier time of fighting Groshpalk's servitors, so it was academic by this point.

Bonus aquatic threat!

SJG author David L. Pulver is rightly known for the rigor of his science fiction writing, especially in the superb work of the Transhuman Space "hard" space exploration setting.

However, he is also the creative mind behind the published stats for a Deep Chimera (aka Amphimera) in Pyramid 3-113, a Crab-Shark-Squid-Pufferfish-Eel hybrid which poses a grappling, biting, pincering, spine-impaling electrocution combat challenge for delvers who get too close to water. Despite the elegant simplicity of its monster design, the Amphimera still somehow languishes in obscurity. I included it here in my adventure, as my humble tribute to help it someday ascend to RPG ubiquity.

The barbarian attempted to wash her bloodied armor and clothes in the underground river (she being a former washerwoman by trade) and found herself attacked by the Amphimera - in waves of increasingly disconcerting coordination by apparently-unrelated animals (first the grappling tentacles, then the crushing pincers, then spine and an eel head). Long story short, after about 10 seconds of combat, both the barbarian and the amphimera decided they had mutually bitten off more than they could chew, and they both retreated quickly to safety.

Much to the dismay of the PC group, the last attack the amphimera attempted was a (hitherto unrevealed) massive shark bite, which though unsuccessful, did effectively conclude all further scientific desire to explore and instead prioritized party recovery and egress.

The group did, however, recover two large crab claws (about a yard long each) from the detritus of the battle. Cooked in the magical cooking pot of the "Nookin Festers" which they looted from the dwarves, it proved a nourishing and nutritious meal to help their healing.

ND&D: Non-Dungeon Dialogue & Denouement

My group, it turns out, actually prefers dialogue and character interaction, so they happily played out their recovery out of the well to a celebratory inn. The destruction of Groshpalk caused all the Rock Mites and Stone Golems aboveground to sink back into the earth without trace, saving the building and all those within.

A few disputes arose, but were handled with diplomacy checks. First, the innkeeper, Kickpebble, asserted a claim to all items found below his property. The PCs argued back and forth with him on this, but the government agent intervened to support the PCs, arguing that the innkeeper was actually at fault, because he had failed to routinely dose the well with government-provided water purification tablets until the night before the resupply wagons arrived. Then he had thrown the entire bunch of tablets in, causing enough "verterine" gas to emit, and weaken the masonry walling off Groshpalk's tomb.

A two-day trip to and from the dwarven town hall also showed that Kickpebble's claim to the entire land deed was controversial - apparently in the chaos of the final war against the current human government, Kickpebble's ancestors murdered the rightful owners and seized their property in exchange for helping the humans. After this information was shared in a closed-door meeting, Kickpebble became very quiet about this thereafter, although the PCs were willing to give him the maternal Moonstone from Groshpalk's mother. ("Dwarven crafts to stay in Dwarven lands, can't say fairer than that!")

It helped that most of the things they were taking with them were originally elven and human artifacts, anyway.

Loot and Profit

The party did have a decent amount of granite and gemstones from the Granite Wolves and Rock Trolls they overwhelmed, and selling those gave them a comfortable profit margin. The innkeeper, eager to keep his inn and avoid scandal, allowed them to stay there for free for one week. (In terms of actual healing, they needed a few extra days and did pay prorated).

The pyromaniac wizard succeeded on a Writing skill check (with the huckster mage's help) and was able to pen an academic treatise on the nature of summonables, which sold for $100.

The huckster mage employed the pyromaniac wizard's aid and also passed a Writing check, to produce a lurid pulp adventure tale with mass market appeal. Upon settling on a title ("Raiders of the Lost Shark") the pyromaniac wizard decided she wanted nothing to do with the pamphlet and insisted that her name be removed as co-author. They made an additional $100 from this.

Let's Spend The Next Adventure Finding an Expert or MacGuffin That Can Tell Us What These So-Called "Plotte-Hookes" Do

The two spellcasters have tablets which will reveal spells (incidentally, spells not normally allowed in DFRPG - I intend there to be a continued controversy in-campaign about the dangers of teleportation magic.)

The mouseman has proven himself to be a fully willing fifth column turncoat for GM collaboration in mischief against the party's immediate efficiency. Since Caravan to Ein Arris also has a counteragent subplot, the mouseman may well end up doing a few false flag operations.

The S'uckler may have a fallen noble/reactionary anti-government plot in future, I just haven't developed it much in this initial adventure.

The barbarian herself came from half-orc settlements as a human who earned their survivalist respect. The next adventure will take them back to her home turf, and feature half-orc glassmakers and artisans.

The half-elf nudist cleric lost his player and became a quasi-NPC, but could be the center of a character plot about following a fragment of a long-lost deity. This may tie in to a planned greater campaign theme of the nature of apotheosis and theogenesis.

Last edited by SolemnGolem; 07-17-2021 at 04:00 PM.