Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-30-2021, 05:07 AM   #1
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Warehouse 23 Summer Sale - Bonus PDF - How to Be a GURPS GM: Combat Encounters

Would you like to add the newest work by Sean Punch to your PDF library? Please see the sale page for details: http://www.warehouse23.com/summersale

Quote:
Almost all roleplaying games involve combat – sometimes a lot of it. And the GURPS library, starting with the Basic Set, provides plenty of rules for this. An RPG isn't a wargame, though . . . there's far more to a satisfying battle than plunking units on a map and then following the manual.

How to Be a GURPS GM: Combat Encounters offers almost rules-free advice to go with the rules. It opens with pointers on reasons to fight at all, and then moves on to selecting suitable foes, laying out an interesting battlefield, determining what everybody is doing when violence breaks out, adjusting the challenge level on the fly, and picking up the pieces afterward. While the examples come from GURPS, the concepts are portable to any RPG.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 08:03 AM   #2
Emerikol

Default Re: Warehouse 23 Summer Sale - Bonus PDF - How to Be a GURPS GM: Combat Encounters

I'm making my wishlist now to get to 30 bucks so I can get this pdf for free.

Do I need to wait for the July release to "qualify" or will 30 dollars spent during what period (June 30th -> July 5) qualify me?

Last edited by Emerikol; 06-30-2021 at 09:58 AM.
Emerikol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 08:42 AM   #3
Celjabba

Default Re: Warehouse 23 Summer Sale - Bonus PDF - How to Be a GURPS GM: Combat Encounters

I asked on the other thread, but this is maybe the better place :

Will this bonus PDF be available during the 2021 PDF challenge KS ?
Will there be store bonus in the 2021 PDF challenge KS ?

Just to decide where and when to spend the money in order to get this must have PDF and maximize the KS result !
Celjabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 09:29 AM   #4
Anaraxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celjabba View Post
And if so, do such KS purchases qualify as the $30 purchase for this offer? Or does that need to be a normal direct W23 purchase?
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 10:04 AM   #5
awesomenessofme1

Looking things over, am I right to think that there are no actual discounts on GURPS products, and there won't be any?
awesomenessofme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 10:23 AM   #6
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Do I need to wait for the July release to "qualify" or will 30 dollars spent during what period (June 30th -> July 5) qualify me?
A $30 purchase during the sale period qualifies. (And that is a single purchase, not multiple.)
Old 06-30-2021, 10:48 AM   #7
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
And if so, do such KS purchases qualify as the $30 purchase for this offer? Or does that need to be a normal direct W23 purchase?
You're trying to blur completely different things into one. The Warehouse 23 promotion has no connection to Kickstarter.
Old 06-30-2021, 10:53 AM   #8
Celjabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
You're trying to blur completely different things into one. The Warehouse 23 promotion has no connection to Kickstarter.
Given that they are coming right on top of each other, any money spend on one won't be spend on the other, so ... what is the right strategy here that get us Kromm words and help SJG the most ?
Celjabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 10:55 AM   #9
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
I asked on the other thread, but this is maybe the better place :

Will this bonus PDF be available during the 2021 PDF challenge KS ?

Just to decide where and when to spend the money in order to get this must have PDF and maximize the KS result !
The two are unrelated. Kickstarter and Warehouse 23 are two different things and one does not impact the other.

Will the bonus PDF offered as part of the Warehouse 23 sale be listed for sale and available other ways later? Yes. Will it be available on Kickstarter? Not as a bonus. Those who miss the Warehouse 23 promotion will have to pay for the PDF in the future and not get it as a bonus.
Old 06-30-2021, 10:57 AM   #10
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Given that they are coming right on top of each other, any money spend on one won't be spend on the other, so ... what is the right strategy here that get us Kromm words and help SJG the most ?
If you want the bonus PDF at no extra cost, the Warehouse 23 promotion is the answer. Or, if you wish, you can wait and pay for that PDF in the future. Your call completely.

The two really are unrelated. The Warehouse 23 summer sale is happening now. We'll run the new GURPS Kickstarter campaign next month. Their dates and offers do not overlap.