Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-27-2021, 08:07 PM   #61
Nose66

Default Re: Playing GURPS with the help of FoundryVTT

Using our “On the Fly” system, you can create a button to roll a skill based on a different attribute.

For example, to roll against the Traps skill, but based on Perception, you would enter:

[S:Traps (Based: Per)]

Is that what you are looking for?
Nose66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 12:40 AM   #62
Farmer

Is anyone using FoundryVTT with GURPS Game System on The Forge?

I was running on my local system and decided to move it to the cloud, all good - import worked a treat and away I went.

Except for one thing. Actors (characters). The character I had setup as a test, which I had imported from GCA on the local system, shows up. However, on the cloud hosted system on The Forge, it shows up but the character sheet is missing and there's no option to import (from anywhere), and it's also missing that capability when I create a new Actor. Basically, the header of the Actor Window on the local installation has Tabbed Sheet, Iport, Editor, Sheet, Prototype Token and Close. On the hosted version it only has Sheet, Prototype Token, and Close.

Any ideas?
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 01:48 PM   #63
Nose66

Yes, Nick hosts our game on Forge. Although we export from GCS, GCA exports are no different. Can you post something on our issues page: https://github.com/crnormand/gurps/issues ? It would be helpful if you could post screen shots, and/or anything you see in the dev console (press F12 to open it up). Usually anything in red is an error.
Nose66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 03:25 PM   #64
Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose66 View Post
Yes, Nick hosts our game on Forge. Although we export from GCS, GCA exports are no different. Can you post something on our issues page: https://github.com/crnormand/gurps/issues ? It would be helpful if you could post screen shots, and/or anything you see in the dev console (press F12 to open it up). Usually anything in red is an error.
Thanks, Nose. Will do. I also received some feedback from Oshy at on The Forge Discord suggesting it might be related to a 500 error, but when I get a chance this evening my time I'll post up to github, thanks.
Old 09-01-2021, 06:07 AM   #65
Farmer

OK - sorted.

#Oshy in the FoundryVTT Discord helped out. It is a 500 error using the package from the Bazaar for GURPS Game System - apparently quite a lot of 500 errors of late they're looking into.

Doing an installation of the original .zip package and not using Bazaar sorted it out and all is working well!
Old 09-09-2021, 12:40 AM   #66
Farmer

Just wanted to shout out to the guys Chris, Jeff, and Nick who put this together. I've been spending time learning the system and getting into it. I've had questions, and they've been answered so quickly and with great detail.

If you're playing online, or want to, this is excellent. TBH, even face to face with a large TV or projector this would be great to use for tactical combat.

It's also a great promo for GURPS and can only encourage more people to try it out and grab some books or PDFs.

Last edited by Farmer; 09-09-2021 at 02:59 AM.
Old 09-13-2021, 07:33 PM   #67
nick_coffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
Just wanted to shout out to the guys Chris, Jeff, and Nick who put this together. I've been spending time learning the system and getting into it. I've had questions, and they've been answered so quickly and with great detail.

If you're playing online, or want to, this is excellent. TBH, even face to face with a large TV or projector this would be great to use for tactical combat.

It's also a great promo for GURPS and can only encourage more people to try it out and grab some books or PDFs.
Thanks, Farmer! It’s just Chris and me. I’m Jeff and my Discord and SJG Forums alias is Nick.

I use the Game Aid in person as well as remotely for my GURPS group, and we keep adding features to make that as easy as possible. We even support prompting the players for their roll, allowing the players to roll their physical Dice if they want.
nick_coffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 11:14 PM   #68
Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_coffin View Post
Thanks, Farmer! It’s just Chris and me. I’m Jeff and my Discord and SJG Forums alias is Nick.

I use the Game Aid in person as well as remotely for my GURPS group, and we keep adding features to make that as easy as possible. We even support prompting the players for their roll, allowing the players to roll their physical Dice if they want.
Well, you're worth being two people :-)

Yep, the features are great. I've made a couple of suggestions and received clarification on things and I hope I'm adding positively to the discussion. I spent the last few days adding all sorts of modules and the overall experience with the system is very appealing.

Thanks again for all the work!
Old 09-14-2021, 03:58 PM   #69
nick_coffin

Hey everyone -- I'm going to be at GenCon all weekend, and I will have my laptop with me. If anyone wants an in-person demo of the NaN (Nick and Nose) GURPS Game Aid for Foundry, send me a message on Discord or message me here on the forums.
nick_coffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 03:09 PM   #70
Farmer

Thought I'd post up about the other modules I'm using with GGA in case it interests or helps others:

Dice So Nice! (and Nice More Dice)
Pings
FXMaster
PopOut!
Initiative Double Click
Universal Battlemap Importer
Ambient Doors
Drag Ruler
Wall Height
PDFoundry
Simplefog
Monk's Little Details
Hide GM Rolls
DF Curvy Walls
Stairways (Teleporter)
Better Target
Minimal UI
Lichtgeschwindikeit (Lightspeed) (may not be needed with the next release version of FVTT)
Combat Tracker Effect Icon Tooltips
Wall Cutter
Shared Vision
FoundryVTT Arms Reach
Bar Brawl
DF Active Lights
Ping Logger
DiscordConnect

Some of them are apparent by title what they might do, others not so, but have a look and see if they might help you. They all seem to work well with GGA!