Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 07-09-2018, 10:40 PM   #1
A Paladin In Citadel

Default Kickstarter Stretch Goals

I know it's late in the game, what with The Fantasy Trip's kickstarter starting in two weeks... but...

It would be be interesting to have Dark City Game's preprogrammed adventures as a stretch goal and/or optional add-on during the kickstarter.

I have a couple of their adventures, but I'd love to purchase a whole bunch of them at the same time i'm kickstarting the reprint of The Fantasy Trip.

Just a thought.

APIC
A Paladin In Citadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:09 AM   #2
Chris Rice

Default Re: Kickstarter Stretch Goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Paladin In Citadel View Post
I know it's late in the game, what with The Fantasy Trip's kickstarter starting in two weeks... but...

It would be be interesting to have Dark City Game's preprogrammed adventures as a stretch goal and/or optional add-on during the kickstarter.

I have a couple of their adventures, but I'd love to purchase a whole bunch of them at the same time i'm kickstarting the reprint of The Fantasy Trip.

Just a thought.

APIC
I'm also a fan of Dark City games, but wouldn't the solos need to be rewritten, at least in part, to allow them to work seamlessly with TFT. The first part of each DC adventure is their own rules, so that would need to be removed for a start.

I can't see them being part of the KS, although I'm hopeful they'll become part of the family later on.
Chris Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:24 AM   #3
zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rice View Post
I'm also a fan of Dark City games, but wouldn't the solos need to be rewritten, at least in part, to allow them to work seamlessly with TFT. The first part of each DC adventure is their own rules, so that would need to be removed for a start.

I can't see them being part of the KS, although I'm hopeful they'll become part of the family later on.
Modifying them seems like perfect stretch goals to me. Almost every stretch goal I've seen is a promise of future work.
zot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:40 AM   #4
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zot View Post
Modifying them seems like perfect stretch goals to me. Almost every stretch goal I've seen is a promise of future work.
We have no plans to make promises of others. We have enough on our plates at the moment. Steve has shared some info on stretch goals:

http://www.sjgames.com/ill/archive/J..._The_Evil_Plan
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:42 AM   #5
Wayne

Hi,

My 2¢:

Given they're from a totally separate company there is no hope they'll be part of the kickstarter.

If they are infringing TFT copyright then that brings up some other questions as well.

Cheers,

Wayne
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:57 AM   #6
Shostak

The stretch goals already listed sound great. My personal wish list for more stretch goals:
Classic Counters (a la OGRE)
Spell Card Decks (two would facilitate dueling) with essential info on one side and simulated grimoire cover on the other
Miniposters of original Microgame and ITL covers
The Thorsz Wants You t-shirt
Thorsz's Guard adventure
Shostak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:27 AM   #7
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
Hi,

My 2¢:

If they are infringing TFT copyright then that brings up some other questions as well.
Obviously, they aren't -- since they have their own houserules at the front of every game they publish, and they're different enough to have a completely different feel in many areas. More importantly, for a time, they actually owned the rights to the name "The Fantasy Trip."

Of note, quite some time ago (January? Late December?) Steve mentioned that he was in discussion with them. Not, I would assume, to tie them into the Kickstarter, but I think exploring the concept of having them develop microquests/games under license at some point in the future. To me, that would be the best of both worlds -- having them remain independent, but still producing the superb quality work they do, and doing so as an "officially licensed" TFT producer.
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:50 PM   #8
John Brinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shostak View Post
The stretch goals already listed sound great. My personal wish list for more stretch goals:
Spell Card Decks (two would facilitate dueling) with essential info on one side and simulated grimoire cover on the other
Thorsz's Guard adventure
The miniposters would be cool, but I'm pretty sure SJG doesn't have the rights to the artwork (and it would likely be really hard to find out who does).
John Brinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:57 PM   #9
Oneiros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shostak View Post
Thorsz's Guard adventure
Spell cards would be great, especially for using “secret magic” in a duel. You just set the card to the side face down until you need to reveal it. Even better, include a “No Spell” card for bluffing!
Oneiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:06 PM   #10
tbeard1999

I'd like a map that will lead me to a hidden, small, silver dragon...
tbeard1999 is offline   Reply With Quote