Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-04-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
Facial Tentacles

Default Did I price this world-ending affliction properly?

Seeing that fertility is a 0-point feature:

Affliction 1 “Command Fertility” (advantage: fertile, +0%; disadvantage: sterility, +0%; extended duration, truly permanent, +300%; selectivity, +10%; area 23, +1150%; emanation, -20%) [144]
Facial Tentacles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
David Johnston2

Default Re: Did I price this world-ending affliction properly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facial Tentacles View Post

Affliction 1 “Command Fertility” (advantage: fertile, +0%; disadvantage: sterility, +0%; extended duration, truly permanent, +300%; selectivity, +10%; area 23, +1150%; emanation, -20%) [144]
No. You can't afflict someone with a feature. You'd have to afflict them with an alternate form that has that feature.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:56 AM   #3
Sunrunners_Fire

Quote:

Affliction 1, "Command Fertility" (HT) (Advantage: Alternate Form w/ Fertile Feature, +150%) (Advantage: Alternate Form w/ Sterile Feature, +150%) (Extended Duration, Permanent, +300%) (Selectivity, +10%) (Area Effect 23, 4800 mile radius, +1150%) (Emanation, -20%) [184]
Sunrunners_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
Facial Tentacles

How about this?

Affliction 1 “Command Fertility” (limited enhancement: advantage: morph +1000%, “subject remains itself except for fertility changes” -70%, total modifier +300%; extended duration, truly permanent, +300%; area 23, +1150%; emanation, -20%) [183]
Old 05-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
Tuoni

Quote:
How about this?

Affliction 1 “Command Fertility” (limited enhancement: advantage: morph +1000%, “subject remains itself except for fertility changes” -70%, total modifier +300%; extended duration, truly permanent, +300%; area 23, +1150%; emanation, -20%) [183]
If you want to end the world, you can do it quicker and a little more cheaply with this.

Affliction 1 “Happy Dance” Seizures +100%; extended duration, truly permanent, +300%; area 23, +1150%; emanation, -20%) [163]

Once you hit some one, they seizure till they die of exhaustion. Really bad for the people who are currently driving/flying/doing surgery.
Tuoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #6
Fwibos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuoni View Post
If you want to end the world, you can do it quicker and a little more cheaply with this.

Affliction 1 “Happy Dance” Seizures +100%; extended duration, truly permanent, +300%; area 23, +1150%; emanation, -20%) [163]

Once you hit some one, they seizure till they die of exhaustion. Really bad for the people who are currently driving/flying/doing surgery.
Add singing and you have "Once More With Feeling"
Word of God and Word of Kromm are pretty much the same thing in my book
Fwibos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:30 AM   #7
Facial Tentacles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuoni View Post

That might work. However, that wouldn't kill off all surface life, just the ones that can seizure and the organisms that depend on those for survival.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #8
jeff_wilson
Computer Scientist

Quote:
How about this?

I don't think this does anything, since you already have your own racial template's features by definition.

I'm also not sure what making beings fertile and sterile at the same time would have accomplished.

The Campaigns of William Stoddard
jeff_wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #9
Facial Tentacles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_wilson View Post
I don't think this does anything, since you already have your own racial template's features by definition.

I'm also not sure what making beings fertile and sterile at the same time would have accomplished.
I suppose you could throw Improvised Forms on Morph for +100%, giving victims the wrong reproductive features.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #10
Tuoni

Quote:
That might work. However, that wouldn't kill off all surface life, just the ones that can seizure and the organisms that depend on those for survival.
Hmm, good point. Plants that don't require insects for pollination would be completely unaffected. As would any jellyfish that could survive on aquatic plant life.

Can't think of anything better then your Command Fertility affliction. You'd need something to deal with the bacteria if you want a truly sterile world though, since infertility wouldn't affect cell division.
Tuoni is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
affliction, apocalypse