Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2016, 06:37 AM   #1441
quarkstomper
 
quarkstomper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Enchanted Land-O-Cheese
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

My friend Paul Kidd liked the gimmick of using a Dragon Turtle whose pink tongue looked somewhat like a nekkid elf babe, if you looked at it just right and maybe had a bit to drink and failed your spot check, and used the tongue to lure adventurers with low WIS scores.
__________________
Read "Danger Cay" at Hannibal Tesla Adventure Magazine! Pulp Era Adventure and Two-Fisted Science in the futuristic world of 1935!
quarkstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 11:54 AM   #1442
Irish Wolf
 
Irish Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Earth, mostly
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarkstomper View Post
My friend Paul Kidd liked the gimmick of using a Dragon Turtle whose pink tongue looked somewhat like a nekkid elf babe, if you looked at it just right and maybe had a bit to drink and failed your spot check, and used the tongue to lure adventurers with low WIS scores.
Hence the popularity of the tome Naked Elf Women and How to Find Them, discovered in almost every ancient library looted in my games. (Also popular was the Neutral Evil Coloring Book, which came with crayons in seven shades of gray.)
__________________
If you break the laws of Man, you go to prison.

If you break the laws of God, you go to Hell.

If you break the laws of Physics, you go to Sweden and receive a Nobel Prize.
Irish Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 08:29 PM   #1443
Johnny1A.2
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

This might not be precisely weird, as such, but it's certainly interesting and I can definitely think of gaming possibilities deriving from it:

The Tree of 40 Fruits

Basically, a bit of grafting produces a chimaerical tree with multiple fruits.
__________________
HMS Overflow-For conversations off topic here.
Johnny1A.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 06:40 AM   #1444
Anders
 
Anders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Shrinking coins with electricity.

Video includes a link on how to explode soda cans with electricity.
__________________
“When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love ...” Marcus Aurelius
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 12:23 AM   #1445
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'
 
simply Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wyoming, Michigan
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny1A.2 View Post
This might not be precisely weird, as such, but it's certainly interesting and I can definitely think of gaming possibilities deriving from it:

The Tree of 40 Fruits

Basically, a bit of grafting produces a chimaerical tree with multiple fruits.
The Super Happy Tree from Yoshi's Story?
__________________
Ba-weep granah wheep minibon. Wubba lubba dub dub.
simply Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:11 AM   #1446
Anders
 
Anders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

The Neanderthals were cannibals.
__________________
“When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love ...” Marcus Aurelius
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 11:51 AM   #1447
Shostak
 
Shostak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New England
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Is it Cthulhu coming? Evidence of ritual casting from the College of Astromancy? The music of Wendigos? A gate opening to an alternate universe? The cracklings of The Force?

http://spaceweather.com
For centuries, Arctic sky watchers have occasionally reported strange sounds filling the air as Northern Lights danced overhead. Hisses, crackles, and even loud "claps" have been heard and recorded. It may be time to add a new sound to the menagerie: blaster fire.
Shostak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 03:05 PM   #1448
Flyndaran
Untagged
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Forest Grove, Beaverton, Oregon
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Considering how many human cultures cannibalized for cultural reasons, that's not surprising.
__________________
Beware, poor communication skills. No offense intended. If offended, it just means that I failed my writing skill check.
Flyndaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 03:09 PM   #1449
Flyndaran
Untagged
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Forest Grove, Beaverton, Oregon
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shostak View Post
Is it Cthulhu coming? Evidence of ritual casting from the College of Astromancy? The music of Wendigos? A gate opening to an alternate universe? The cracklings of The Force?

http://spaceweather.com
For centuries, Arctic sky watchers have occasionally reported strange sounds filling the air as Northern Lights danced overhead. Hisses, crackles, and even loud "claps" have been heard and recorded. It may be time to add a new sound to the menagerie: blaster fire.
That recording sounded like normal wind to me. But how cool is static from SPACE?
__________________
Beware, poor communication skills. No offense intended. If offended, it just means that I failed my writing skill check.
Flyndaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 04:04 PM   #1450
Johan Larson
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Amazon has patented a plan for an airship-warehouse, deployed over a city, serviced by a fleet of drones bringing goods for storage and delivering them to customers.

http://arstechnica.com/information-t...h-drone-fleet/

This can only end well.
Johan Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blueberry muffin, fermi paradox

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.