Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 01-02-2023, 12:38 PM   #1
JohnPaulB

Default Seeing through Believing

I know the following issues has come up in this forum before, but a search is too fragmented to deal with.
This question is dealing with Summoned/Illusion/Image beings:

1) How does seeing thorugh the eyes work with an Illusion (that normally sees 180* in one view)?
a) Is it a 'split screen', a 'double-vision' or a 'switch from on to the other'? If it is a switch, then I assume the caster will intend to see out whichever eyes he wants.

b) Is there a paralax view distortion with the other body?
2) I'm assuming an Image of a fire acts like an illusion and can thus simultaniously give off heat, smell and sound too.

3) Can an Image 'double' appear in the original person's hex like an Illusion and then split off or is that split off considered a touch and it would not appear?

Fantasy Chess: A chess game with combat.
Don't just take the square, Fight for it!
https://www.shadowhex.com
JohnPaulB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 12:43 PM   #2
hcobb

Default Re: Seeing through Believing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaulB View Post
3) Can an Image 'double' appear in the original person's hex like an Illusion and then split off or is that split off considered a touch and it would not appear?
By ITL 139 the image doesn't really start in the same hex as one or the other figure is immediately moved to another hex.
Old 01-02-2023, 01:13 PM   #3
Shostak

Default Re: Seeing through Believing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaulB View Post
I know the following issues has come up in this forum before, but a search is too fragmented to deal with.
This question is dealing with Summoned/Illusion/Image beings:

1) How does seeing thorugh the eyes work with an Illusion (that normally sees 180* in one view)?
a) Is it a 'split screen', a 'double-vision' or a 'switch from on to the other'? If it is a switch, then I assume the caster will intend to see out whichever eyes he wants.

b) Is there a paralax view distortion with the other body?
If going by RAW, the controlling wizard can see through the creation's eyes without having to try to do so and without penalty.
Quote:
2) I'm assuming an Image of a fire acts like an illusion and can thus simultaniously give off heat, smell and sound too.
According to RAW, yes--see ITL 137. In fact, an illusion of fire can start a real fire. This seems overpowered to me.
Quote:
Yes, images are explicitly allowed to do this--ITL 139.
Shostak is offline   Reply With Quote