Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #1
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Transhuman Space: Wings of the Rising Sun

Bright like shooting stars
Heroes fall from the heavens
Streaking to our aid
— Some hack
We haven't seen a new Transhuman Space supplement for quite a while. Fortunately, e23 has just come to our rescue with David Chart's Transhuman Space: Wings of the Rising Sun. And "rescue" is definitely the operative word!

Wings of the Rising Sun describes the Nihon Kinkyu Kyushutsu Cho (Japan Emergency Rescue Agency), an organization with a purpose unique in the Transhuman Space setting. The NKKC responds to disasters of every kind all over Earth, in LEO, and on Luna, often streaking in from orbital dispatch stations to do so. It tackles this massive responsibility using the latest tech, including its own spacecraft, shells, bioroids, microbots, and even memes. With its broad mission, vast reach, and amazing resources, the NKKC makes an ideal employer or Patron for a group of heroic PCs . . . or a serious problem for troublemaking ones who end up in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Whether you use the NKKC as the basis for an entire campaign, an occasional guest star, or simply background color, Wings of the Rising Sun has a lot to offer. It fills in more Transhuman Space canon, including information on Japan and a number of major disasters. It provides character templates for rescue workers. Perhaps best of all, it presents new technology useful in any setting with similar tech assumptions, including two bioroid templates, three cybershell models, and four microbot swarms – and stats for drop ships and orbital stations, written up in accordance with GURPS Spaceships and GURPS Spaceships 8: Transhuman Spacecraft.

Whether you like your future crunchy or fluffy, Wings of the Rising Sun gives you the tools you need to save it!
Kromm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:58 PM   #2
Pragmatic
Ceci n'est pas une tag.

Default Re: Transhuman Space: Wings of the Rising Sun

Bought it.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:03 PM   #3
Mateus

Already picked mine! Thank you!
Old 01-10-2014, 06:12 AM   #4
jacobmuller

bought - latest thing I'm writing is so similar, just make all the PCs anthropomorphic panther or doberman:D - irresistible as crunch for the setting.
jacobmuller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
transhuman space