Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-02-2021, 01:43 PM   #711
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Do you want to have the group pull back and get something going, or are you going to try to light a fire on horseback?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 01:54 PM   #712
the_matrix_walker

He will light the torch (or what have you) when the dismount for the final approach. If they can ride right up to the circle, he won't bother and will just wait until they arrive.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 01:58 PM   #713
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

They approached the stone circle through the jungle, Peter holding his tinder box, ready to light a new fire. The screams continue: some of them are to their left and right rather than ahead at the circle.

Anil: "Should we shoot one if we see it and it doesn't run?"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 06-02-2021, 02:07 PM   #714
the_matrix_walker

"If they come at you, then do what you have to do to defend yourself. I think they may let us approach if we're non-threatening, but I do't know anything for sure... I wasn't expecting them to have multiplied!"
Old 06-03-2021, 07:49 AM   #715
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

They aren't able to make it to the circle without a confrontation. A squat creature in human form, with bright orange skin, bulging muscles, and spikes running down its spine and arms, comes towards the group at speed, screaming. The two men fire at it, and one seems to hit, smoke streaming out of a bullet hole at its side.

But it keeps coming. Anil fires his pistol, but misses.

These are muzzleloaders: they're out of shots for the moment.

Old 06-03-2021, 11:27 AM   #716
the_matrix_walker

Peter ready's his bow and get's an idea. He concentrates and attempts to take control of the smoke as it escapes the creature's wound. If it seems to respond to his will, he will envision it streaming out faster to pull it from the creature and form it into ropes to bind it.

If there is no reaction from trying to control this recycled smoke, he will attempt to take control of the creature itself, and exert mental dominance.

If that does not work either, he will let fly the arrow.

((Feel free to make any required rolls.))
Old 06-03-2021, 01:22 PM   #717
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

He's able to form a rope, but he's not able to move the rope, and its rather thin, trailing off behind the creature and falling to the ground behind it.

The smoke does billow out from the creature faster, but it doesn't seem to notice.

Old 06-03-2021, 01:30 PM   #718
the_matrix_walker

Seeing the results, Peter envisions the smoke rushing out faster and gathering into little gremlins to attack the source creature and tear its wound wider, and biting, clawing and tearing new ones.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:57 AM   #719
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Peter imagines the little creatures to attack the larger one, drawing out the smoke. He's still forming the creature when the demon reaches them. It rushes towards one of the guards, its arms reaching out to seize him. He swings his jungle knife at the creature in defense, but misses. The other guard continues loading his weapon. Anil spurs his horse into the fray, with his sword out. The seized gaurd tries to hack the arm off of his leg. The blade sinks into the creature, but it maintains its grip, even as smoke pours out. Peter draws more of the smoke into the little creature forming attached to the demon's side.

The orange demon yanks on the man's leg, hard, dislocating it and doing who knows what else. The man drops his jungle knife but stays on his steed. Anil slashes his sword across the creature, but does minimal damage.

Peter's little toothed gremlin appears, clinging to the torso, and starts tearing at the hole. The demon yanks again, and the guard tumbles off of his horse, he seems to fall gracefully enough though, and the demon lets go. Anil continues his slashing, the other guard his loading. The demon takes a very shallow cut on his arm, lightly bleeding smoke. It bright orange skin does seem to be getting more pale.

Old 06-07-2021, 12:07 PM   #720
the_matrix_walker

Peter takes a moment to aim, and shoots an arrow at the demon. and then starts pressing toward the site.

"More are coming, we need to get to the circle! and try to take control!"

Tags
lost in dreams