Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-20-2022, 11:18 AM   #1231
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"I think I'm being pretty cooperative. Can you give me a room with some furniture and let me keep Goliath with me if I keep telling you what you want and working with you here? ... Tell you what Slick, I'll bet I can show you something that you've never seen on this world, if I'm right, you give me a nicer room with a bed and my pet, and I'll cooperate however I can while I'm here."

Slick: "Give me one worlds, and I'll lock you in a room with furniture and offline screens while you give me the rest. Costs me little enough. The dog stays in the cage."

go ahead and roll a skill if you want to talk the dog into sharing your confinement with you.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 02:10 AM   #1232
the_matrix_walker

Peter will tell him about the fantastic world of the Karana Circle and the amazing creations the Karana users could conjure from smoke.

((Diplomacy roll of 9 succeeds by 5))
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 08:48 AM   #1233
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Peter will tell him about the fantastic world of the Karana Circle and the amazing creations the Karana users could conjure from smoke.

((Diplomacy roll of 9 succeeds by 5))
"So you're saying you can do this right now? Go right ahead. Show me. We'll have a candle in two minutes. You say this works with any smoke? will a single candle be enough?"

Peter doesn't think Slick believes him... but he's playing along for some reason.

OCC: wow this is going to set off a lot... probably not on this visit though.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 10-24-2022, 12:47 AM   #1234
the_matrix_walker

Peter tells him of the world, but doesn't reveal that he himself uses the magic, he was keeping that bit on the down low.

(though if pressed that might change, but I don't know if Slick press)

"I just wound up in the wrong place. I didn't hurt anything, and I didn't give your cat girl a purpose. Can you just let me an my dog go?"
Old 10-24-2022, 09:39 AM   #1235
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Peter tells him of the world, but doesn't reveal that he himself uses the magic, he was keeping that bit on the down low.

(though if pressed that might change, but I don't know if Slick press)
Slick doesn't press.

Quote:

"I just wound up in the wrong place. I didn't hurt anything, and I didn't give your cat girl a purpose. Can you just let me an my dog go?"
"Can't let you go. Be happy with your room and dog. We'll keep you alive and comfortable. That's more than I can say for the other intruders."

He holds up a key "Once you're in the room, I'll give you the cage key. Type up everything, and we'll see how long you get that room."

The room is huge, 20 feet across in both directions. He has a bed, two couches, a selection of food in a fridge, a sink, several cabnits, a closet, a desk, and the walls themselves are screens depicting a tropical landscape. The desk has a glass top, but nothing else on it. Maybe its a screen?

Old 10-25-2022, 01:57 AM   #1236
the_matrix_walker

Peter let's goliath out the moment he is able. He then explores the room and checks everything out.

He tries to find the clicker and see if he can change the walls.

He feels around on the table and tries talking to it as if he were on Star Trek

"Computer! Turn on! Activate! Engage!"

If he can figure out how to turn the thing on and get to a word processor of some sort, he will start re-writing his book, chapter 1, "the World of the Riders."
Old 10-25-2022, 09:35 AM   #1237
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

He finds no clicker, but telling the computer to turn on works: a voice asks "what would you like to do today?", and the surface of the desk turns a shade of blue.

The computer is a little finicky about the commands but eventually Peter gets in a dictation program. The walls seem to be part of the computer: the words are displayed on one of the wall screens.

Old 10-25-2022, 09:55 PM   #1238
the_matrix_walker

Peter will experiment with the computer and see if he can gain access to library information, or if it can answer questions about the facility and where they are, as well as anything he can find on their Earth of old.

He will also work on re-creating the first few chapters of his book.
Old 10-26-2022, 08:55 AM   #1239
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

There is no external access, but it seems there is a relatively small library he can reach. The location data for the computer isn't set, so it can't tell him where he is. He is able to find a number of "Interactive Aids" that let him get some sense of where he is.

Earth is currently a nature and historic preserve, almost a giant museum, while most people (76 Billion) live in habitats. These habitats are in a variety of named locations, most in big clusters, and most at about the same distance from the sun as earth. The Habitats are big cans that are spun for gravity.

Old earth "around the millenium" (its not terribly precise here) is depicted as a time a great crowding, poverty, suffering, and irresponsibility, while also being the birth place of computers.

Last edited by ericthered; 10-26-2022 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-27-2022, 12:29 AM   #1240
the_matrix_walker

Peter does some writing but spends most of the time researching what he can until they come for him.

Tags
lost in dreams