Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 04-20-2021, 02:12 PM   #1
Shostak

Default Component Storage

Hi, folks.

Now that we've been living with more and more counters, megahexes, and character cards, I'm wondering if anyone has any recent solutions to storage/organization to share.

I've been considering postage stamp storage sleeves for organizing counters in a way that makes them visible and easy to group by what they represent. These would be secured in a binder, which would make paging through to find a given counter relatively simple. Has anyone else tried this?

So far, I don't have a very good solution for megahexes. They are stored in boxes, but I can't claim that they are usefully organized.

As for cards, the storage boxes that are part of the Decks of Destiny are neat, but a larger box that puts all the cards in one place would be more useful. Of course, the fact that different types of cards have different sizes and shapes compicates things a bit.
Shostak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 03:57 PM   #2
larsdangly

Default Re: Component Storage

I use counter trays from the hex-and-chit wargaming community for my counters. I've been using SJG's organizational boxes for cards so far, and those work pretty well, but we are about to get overwhelmed by a tsunami of large-format monster and character cards, and those boxes just won't cut it for that purpose. So, i'm going to get a pretty nice looking wooden recipe card organizer that can take 700 cards.

I agree the MH titles remain a problem. I've got 3 of the boxes they ship in and I can divide my little, medium and big tiles among them for a sort of loose organization. But I still end up hunting a pecking through the pile pretty often.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 01:34 PM   #3
Shostak

Default Re: Component Storage

I've decided to go with coin/card/photo storage sleeves for counter storage. A few pix and more description here. A solution for organized megahex storage still eludes me.
Shostak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessories, boxes, counters, megahexes, organization