Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 02-16-2006, 06:05 PM   #21
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Default Re: One Shot Adventure: Advice Appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta Kask
Awww...c'mon Beth. Everyone knows girls are "sugar and spice and everything nice". You just did that to impress the guys at the table... :)
Actually, the GM said that he had the NPC cave because a couple of the other guys were looking a bit nonplussed... I tend to take a more Kipling view of the world with my characters. The Female of the Species and all that.

Quote:
Historically in many tribes, captured warriors were turned over to the women of the tribes for torture. Many of those women would have lost husbands, fathers or sons and would be eager for revenge. But why limit yourself to toes and fingers? Why not castrate them?
It's simple -- A) that was a bit much to jump to at the start, even for my sadism, and B) if you start at the bottom, they believe the threat to the top. If you do the Worst Thing first, then you can't escalate. You've already done the worst. Also C) getting it over quickly was too good for the scum who brainwiped my character and wanted to make her one of his many slaves! Grrr!
Old 02-16-2006, 06:37 PM   #22
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

As much as I hate it in long-term campaigns, one of the things I love doing in one-shots is CINEMATIC FROM HECK! I try to make my one-shot games over the top and fun so that the players are always trying something new. It's sometimes very fun . . . other times it's very funny.
I ran a zombie-disaster (more like Shaun of the Dead, than Dawn of the Dead) one-shot game and didn't tell the PCs that the less likely for an object to be a weapon, the more damage it would do. I knew, eventually, someone would get desperate and try something stupid. I still have images of the elderly school teacher using her stack of gold sticky-stars as throwing stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth
It's simple -- A) that was a bit much to jump to at the start, even for my sadism, and B) if you start at the bottom, they believe the threat to the top. If you do the Worst Thing first, then you can't escalate. You've already done the worst. Also C) getting it over quickly was too good for the scum who brainwiped my character and wanted to make her one of his many slaves! Grrr!
Note to self: let's not make the nice Archangel-lady mad.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:46 PM   #23
HeroPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr
Note to self: let's not make the nice Archangel-lady mad.
I generally make it a point not to **** off agents of higher powers, female or otherwise. Normally doesn't end too well.
HeroPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:35 AM   #24
Qoltar
Pike's Pique

Think I'm with Beth on this one.

My game has three women playing in it - and they are just asviloent and bloodthirsty as any male gamer that I've seen.
One big difference I've noticed - they do Psych warfare on NPCs better than any guy I've ever seen.

One player told me a phrase they used to say in her first career: "Never undestimate a man's ability to underestimate a woman"

I've got some really good players.

- E.W. Charlton
You can't take the sky from me....

A vote for charity: http://s3.silent-tower.org/TheKlingonVotes/index.html
Qoltar is offline   Reply With Quote