Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #1
Snaps

Default [Movie Supers] Iron Man

Haven't been able to add any of these in a while, started a new job, then got a promotion at the new job.

Had some free time this weekend though and I've been wanting to take a crack at Iron Man. IMO he's a hard one to do. I started trying to build him using Morph, but then decided than Alternate Form probably was a better way to go (mainly because of Non-Reciprocal Damage, etc.)

Let me know what you think of what I've come up with:

Tony Stark (2605 points)

ST 10 [0]; DX 11 [20]; IQ 18 [160]; HT 11 [10].
Damage 1d-2/1d; BL 20*lb; HP 10 [0]; Will 18 [0]; Per 18 [0]; FP 11 [0].
Basic Speed 5.50 [0]; Basic Move 5 [0]; Dodge 9*.

Social Background
TL: 10 [10].

Advantages
Appearance (Handsome) [12]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Gadgeteer [25]; Gizmo 3 [15]; Independent Income 20 [20]; Wealth: Multimillionaire 4 (Net Worth of 4 Billion) [150].

The Iron Man Armor:
Alternate Form (Absorptive Change: No Encumbrance, -5%; Difference in point costs with Once On, Stays On, +2000; Gadget/Breakable: DR 26 or higher, -0%; Gadget/Breakable: Object is complex machine, -5%; Gadget/Breakable: Size 0 or more, -25%; Gadget/Can Be Stolen: Easily snatched with unopposed DX roll, -40%; Non-Reciprocal Damage (Nuisance Effect: Any wound over HP in damage, or any Excess Damage from a Crippled Limb inflicts damage on Tony Stark, -50%), +25%; Reciprocal Res, +30%t; Retains Shape, -20%) [2009]

Spare Suits:
Modular Ability: 9 point External Reconfigurable Mechanisms (Focus Limited: Lab Equipment, -10%; Physical Only, +50%; Preparation Required: 8 hours, -60%; Trait Limited: Alternate Form with Gadget Limitations, -50%; PM: Superscience, -10%) x2 [14];

Arc Reactor:
Damage Resistance 100 (Absorption: Energy Reserve, -80%; Front only, -20%; Gadget/Breakable: Cannot repair, -15%; Gadget/Breakable: DR 25, -5%; Gadget/Breakable: Object is complex machine, -5%; Gadget/Breakable: Size -6, 10%; Gadget/Can Be Stolen: Must be forcefully removed, -10%; Gadget/Unique, -25%; Limited: Energy, -20%; Vitals Only, -30%; PM: Superscience. -10%) [150]

Regeneration: Extreme, 10 EP/Sec (Energy Reserve Only, +0%; Gadget/Breakable: Cannot repair, -15%; Gadget/Breakable: DR 25, -5%; Gadget/Breakable: Object is complex machine, -5%; Gadget/Breakable: Size -6, 10%; Gadget/Can Be Stolen: Must be forcefully removed, -10%; Gadget/Unique, -25%; PM: Superscience, -10%) [30]

Disadvantages:
Alcoholism [-15]; Compulsive Gambling (12 or less) [-5]; Compulsive Spending (12 or less) [-5]; Dependency: Arc Reactor, Rare, Constantly [-150]; Pacifism (Cannot Harm Innocents) [-10].

Skills:
Battlesuit! (WC) IQ+2 [48]-20; Businessman! (WC) IQ [24]-18; Computers! (WC) IQ [24]-18; Drive! (WC) IQ-2 [6]-16; Inventor! (WC) IQ [24]-18; Science! (WC) IQ [24]-18.

Attribute-wise I didn't think Tony needed that much, except for his IQ, where I think he deserves the whole package, (Not just IQ with Talents). Tony Stark actually is a Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist after all.

I wasn't sure if the +2000 Cost of the Armor's Alternate Form would count when figuring out the cost of Modular Abilities so I decided to play it safe and gave him one standard suit, then two others bought as modular abilities, letting him change the loadout of the suits as well as have a few spares.

I decided to treat the suit as a separate character, with its own hit points, but with a limitation on the Non-Reciprocal damage. Normally damage just comes off of the suits total, unless it does enough to actually penetrate the armor, in which case it can harm Tony.

You'll probably wonder why I gave the Arc Reactor Absorption. After doing a little research I learned that the Arc Reactor actually gets much of its power by absorbing energy around it. This is why when Thor attacks Stark in Avengers the attack boosts his Energy Reserves to 400%. The Lightning Strike hit him right in the chest, on the Arc Reactor. It's also why Loki failed to Mind Control Tony in Stark Tower. In that setting Loki's spell is considered just another form of energy, which the Arc Reactor absorbed.

The Arc Reactor is probably under priced. The first one he made in the cave put out an insane amount of power, over 3000 MW I believe. A Mage should be able to use Draw Power on Stark's chest to pull in 8400 Energy per second! Which would kill even a Mage with HT 20 and Magery 10 if they tried. (Or have I done my math wrong again? :)

I'll post the write up for his suit from The Avengers soon.
Snaps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avengers, breakable, iron man, marvel, stark, supers