Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
Onkl

Default [Allies] The same Ally for two players?

Hi guys

In one of my campaigns PC1 spent the last few sessions looking for an Ally to manage a crime city instead of himself. PC2 in todays session handed me a note, saying that she wants to contact a Patron to send someone loyal (in that he reports every move he makes for PC1) to her, to become an Ally of PC1. In a "lineup" of 5 NPCs, PC1 did not pick the "Spy NPC" to become his Ally. The "Spy NPC" then proceeded to kill the chosen NPC "Ally" and succeeded in getting PC1s trust. The "Spy NPC" will be loyal to PC1 in all normal Ally manners, he will just not tell him about his relationship to PC2.

So, what do I do now, rules wise?

In my oppinion the Spy NPC Ally will have the Secret disadvantage, as PC1 is known to be ruthless should he be betrayed in such a manner as described. In fact, he would have to face execution should PC1 ever find out he's a "double agent".

Also, both PCs have to buy the Advantage Ally, am I right? Because both players get something out of it. But PC2 should have some kind of limitation, because the only thing the this specific Ally will do for her is handing over all the information about what PC1 wants him to do. Could you help me with a number please?

And what do I do roleplaying wise?

The problem and the beauty lies in the conflict this arrangement is likely to stir up in the party. Do you have any advice on pitfalls and how you handled a similiar situation in a game you gm'ed.

Thanks a bunch

Onkl
Onkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:05 PM   #2
Mathulhu

Default Re: [Allies] The same Ally for two players?

One of them should buy the ally as an Ally and the other should buy a Contact.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #3
Onkl

Default Re: [Allies] The same Ally for two players?

Just after I hit submit, that was exactly what came to my mind. Thanks for pointing that out though.

Cheers

Onkl
Onkl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allies, ally