Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-25-2022, 05:37 PM   #11
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: DF Rocket launcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
(a) I'd forgotten about that and (b) it doesn't seem to be impact-sensitive, since the weapons that use it are ignited by alchemist's matches.
Whatever mechanism the explosive bolts use to detonate should apply here.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 08:15 PM   #12
stranger38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
Rickert is a cinematic gadgeteer in a roughly TL 4 setting, so I'd treat anything he makes as at least TL 4, which I believe is Improved Corned Powder (Serpentine is TL 2, Corned is TL 3, IIRC); adjust damage compared to the Chinese rockets (which I believe did use serpentine) accordingly. Note also his weapon uses a flintlock mechanism (TL 4) to ignite the rocket. It may have Acc 1, and probably doesn't count as using a Wild Swing, although I think the only case in which he used it was at fairly short range. It's pretty clearly meant to be akin to a TL 4 bazooka.

That's if trying to match Rickert's weapon, of course. If you just want a low-tech rocket launcher, the Chinese rockets will probably suffice.
That's exactly what i'm trying to emulate. His bazooka
stranger38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 08:17 PM   #13
stranger38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
Ah, I was going off memory, and it failed me. "Improved corned powder" was me misremembering the name for "improved black powder," and of course I had an "off by 1" error on the TL of black powder's introduction.

That said, Rickert using TL5 powder wouldn't be inappropriate. I believe the miniature bombs he gave to Gotz were specifically noted to be more powerful than contemporary bombs, at least for their small size.
Ah some one else remembers the tiny bombs!
Old 03-25-2022, 08:18 PM   #14
stranger38

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
(a) I'd forgotten about that and (b) it doesn't seem to be impact-sensitive, since the weapons that use it are ignited by alchemist's matches.
No it's not. It's has a time fuse. The rocket lodges itself in the apostle and some moments later explodes

Tags
dungen fantasy, explosives