Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-04-2022, 07:21 PM   #21
naloth

Default Re: GURPS: Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
Speaking of which, Serendipity is in there somewhere.
Yup, though I've left it as a leveled option. I added visualization for straight up "things break my way" type manipulation.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 07:28 PM   #22
naloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
They also tossed motorcycles around; a Harley-Davidson runs 500-900 lbs.
That shouldn't be a problem with a total ST 30+ since that would allow you toss around 1440 lbs.
Old 03-08-2022, 09:32 AM   #23
naloth

Updated profiles, the broad strokes of magic, and did a bit for Trumps.
Old 03-08-2022, 09:06 PM   #24
lugaid

I notice that your Affect Probability power includes both Blessing and Cursing. If you want both, you have to buy them separately. You're not allowed to take both modifiers in one power. Powers p. 87, "…you can't combine Cursing with Blessing. If you can also produce beneficial effects, buy Visualization a second time without Cursing, and possibly with Blessing."
lugaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 05:54 AM   #25
naloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugaid View Post
I notice that your Affect Probability power includes both Blessing and Cursing. If you want both, you have to buy them separately. You're not allowed to take both modifiers in one power. Powers p. 87, "…you can't combine Cursing with Blessing. If you can also produce beneficial effects, buy Visualization a second time without Cursing, and possibly with Blessing."
Well, that's what you get when you do things from memory. Ok, I'll update it to be two separate alternate abilities.

Edit: Updated.

Last edited by naloth; 03-09-2022 at 06:20 AM.
Old 03-09-2022, 02:12 PM   #26
lugaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
Well, that's what you get when you do things from memory. Ok, I'll update it to be two separate alternate abilities.

Edit: Updated.
Then just fix the modifier in Shadow Curse to "Cursing +100%" and you're good with those. That's just a typo, after all.
lugaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 07:14 PM   #27
Prince Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugaid View Post
I think it ought to be possible with a Cosmic enhancement, but I'm not sure how costly the enhancement should be (my instinct is to just go with +50% because that's what I did with a character that I'm working on, but maybe I'm wrong).

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 09:51 PM   #28
naloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
I think it ought to be possible with a Cosmic enhancement, but I'm not sure how costly the enhancement should be (my instinct is to just go with +50% because that's what I did with a character that I'm working on, but maybe I'm wrong).
Usually selectivity (+10%) would let you choose between two options, but Powers specifically did say you should buy the advantage again. With both being Alternate Abilities, it's not that many more points.

Tags
amber, campaign design