Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-09-2018, 11:31 PM   #21
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: help with an attack turret ability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth View Post
To the second...maybe, but I don't see why not at the moment.
I suppose you could be renting them online from War Machines For Less and having them teleported to your location, on a per use basis but that seems less likely then having a few turrets that you own.

Demons can be conjured from Hell, Elementals from the Planes, but there usually isn't a supernatural robot dimension.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:49 PM   #22
Kfireblade

I'm not really fond of the idea of doing them as allies
Kfireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:59 AM   #23
dcarson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Demons can be conjured from Hell, Elementals from the Planes, but there usually isn't a supernatural robot dimension.

From G. K. Chesterton
Quote:
“There have been household gods and household saints and household fairies. I am not sure that there have yet been any factory gods or factory saints or factory fairies. I may be wrong, as I am no commericial expert, but I have not heard of them as yet.” – ILN, Dec 18, 1926
I keep feeling that there is a really interesting campaign in that quote. Maybe involving Reign of Steel.
dcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:12 PM   #24
Kfireblade

My problem with taking them as allies is I won't be in full direct control of them, and that was the intent.
Kfireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:18 PM   #25
Ulzgoroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
Given that a) I don't think Conjurable was defined at that point as a named, separate enhancement from Summonable, just described as a variant in Powers, and b) it literally uses the rules outlined in Conjurable (you get a different creature each time, and you have to make a reaction roll each time), I feel quite confident that Conjurable was the intent
It appears then that Conjurable is a published thing that you have failed to understand that I do not know about and do not know of a source for.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:06 PM   #26
starslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
Got a citation for that? Allies in general don't need reaction rolls - they're assumed to have, on average, a positive reaction to you by default. Minion, in any case, doesn't say they'll obey you without question, it just says they won't desert you if you ask them to do something suicidal or blatantly stupid. They can still say "No", they just won't leave.

In any case, I definitely wouldn't allow Minion to overcome the drawbacks of Conjurable Allies. It's a major balancing factor to Conjurable that you have to make that reaction roll every time. Putting Minion on it as well means that, once you get the positive reaction, they then won't abandon you. But it shouldn't overcome the initial need for a positive reaction.
http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=32

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?p=1198107

So take conjureable - tag it as a supernatural trait, take minion, and take cosmic +100% controlled by player.

You now have an ally that you can summon at will for one minute, and is completely controlled by the player, and never needs a reaction roll, all Kromm clarifications/rulings.
starslayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
innate attack