Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-27-2011, 06:35 AM   #31
Skullcrusher

Default Re: [IC] The great black hills gold rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimchim View Post
You notice several things as you scan the area. Firstly a number of horse men milled around the wagon, the horses hooves were shod which is not known with the sioux. Secondly you notice at least one clear BOOT print. It is at this point you realise the Sioux was examining the track marks when you arrived.
Samson reholsters his Shotgun,"I'm Samson Savage but I am know as Shotgun Sam in most parts. Those tracks are not Sioux I believe your being fair to your word." He looks around the surroundings to see if he can spot anyone else in the area.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #32
chimchim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulthar88 View Post
"whoa up, Sebastien."
Pericles rubs the cigar under his nose, savoring the scent, as he tries to size up the intent of the two braves.
"Anyone here speak a civilized tongue?"
"[French] Even French might suffice."

[ooc: I'm assuming Samson and the first brave are near the burnt wagon; how far away from them are we at this point?]
OOC:You are about twenty yards short of the burnt wagon.

You get no reply fromt he braves. One of the braves apears to be dividing his attention between you and the scene at the wagon. He reminds you of someone keen for guidance from a leader. Both braves are notably young, little more than boys. If they are over fifteen you would be shocked.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #33
chimchim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
Samson reholsters his Shotgun,"I'm Samson Savage but I am know as Shotgun Sam in most parts. Those tracks are not Sioux I believe your being fair to your word." He looks around the surroundings to see if he can spot anyone else in the area.
The brave finally lowers his bow and removes the arrow. He points to some of the more obvious tracks and asks "Are you a traker?"
Old 09-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #34
Skullcrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimchim View Post
The brave finally lowers his bow and removes the arrow. He points to some of the more obvious tracks and asks "Are you a traker?"
OOC: Forgot to roll the perception roll to see if he can notice anyone else.
http://rolz.org/embed?742459 made it by 2

Sampson chuckles a little,"Sorry I didn't catch you name? I am a tracker and trapper by trade...dabble a bit in prospecting but I've done my sahre of tracking critters and man alike."

Old 09-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #35
Ulthar88

Seeing the tension ease between the brave and the mountain man, Pericles holsters his 44.

"Set the brake, Sebastien."

He stands up in the wagon. Pericles is a bony figure in a worn brown tweed suit more appropriate to the city than his current environment; he has unruly dark hair and a pencil mustache.
He waves his still unlit cigar in the general direction of the corpses and speaks in a clear, calm voice, "Would someone kindly explain just what the Sam Hill is goin' on here?"
Ulthar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:57 AM   #36
chimchim

Quote:
OOC: Forgot to roll the perception roll to see if he can notice anyone else.
http://rolz.org/embed?742459 made it by 2

Sampson chuckles a little,"Sorry I didn't catch you name? I am a tracker and trapper by trade...dabble a bit in prospecting but I've done my sahre of tracking critters and man alike."
"I am Running wolf, dismount there is much to speak of" anounces the Brave.

Quote:
Seeing the tension ease between the brave and the mountain man, Pericles holsters his 44.

"Set the brake, Sebastien."

He stands up in the wagon. Pericles is a bony figure in a worn brown tweed suit more appropriate to the city than his current environment; he has unruly dark hair and a pencil mustache.
He waves his still unlit cigar in the general direction of the corpses and speaks in a clear, calm voice, "Would someone kindly explain just what the Sam Hill is goin' on here?"
The two young braves lower their bows and take a step back into the foliage. One minute they are there the next they are gone, almost as if they were never there. For young ones these guys are good at hiding.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #37
Skullcrusher

Samson dismounts but stays on guard. He approaches the brave and says in Sioux,"What you be wanting to talk to me about."

Quote:
Samson raises a furry Eyebrow at the man standing up in the wagon,"Stay back stranger. This is not sight for a city fellar such as yourself to see."

Old 09-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #38
Ulthar88

Quote:
Samson raises a furry Eyebrow at the man standing up in the wagon,"Stay back stranger. This is not sight for a city fellar such as yourself to see."
Pericles audibly snorts and steps down from the wagon. He walks casually towards the pair and says, "I'm Dr. Pericles Overton, Physician and anatomist. During the war, I ate dinner while hip deep in piles of limbs & entrails."

He selects a suitably smoldering stick from the remains of the wagon and finally lights his cigar with it. He takes a cursory look at the burnt body and moves to the woman and child, to check the certainty of their death and inspect the condition of their wounds.
Ulthar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #39
chimchim

Quote:
Pericles audibly snorts and steps down from the wagon. He walks casually towards the pair and says, "I'm Dr. Pericles Overton, Physician and anatomist. During the war, I ate dinner while hip deep in piles of limbs & entrails."

He selects a suitably smoldering stick from the remains of the wagon and finally lights his cigar with it. He takes a cursory look at the burnt body and moves to the woman and child, to check the certainty of their death and inspect the condition of their wounds.
The woman had her throat cut, thankfully you can see no evidence of rape. The cause of death of the burnt body is not immediately clear but you can be sure the fire damage was post mortem. you are about to step away from the womans body when you realise with a start this is the accident prone family that delayed your wagon train. What truly disturbs you is where are the two daughters.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:26 PM   #40
chimchim

Quote:
Samson dismounts but stays on guard. He approaches the brave and says in Sioux,"What you be wanting to talk to me about."

Running Wolf seems oblivious to the presence of Pericles. He takes a couple of steps toward Samson.
"We were out hunting when we came across signs of a desecration of our burial grounds. The signs were recent. We decided we might catch the desecrators ourselves and traked them. We were getting close when we saw the flames. We came to look and found things as they are. It is my believe the same men who desecrated our dead killed these people"