Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #31
aesir23
 
aesir23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vermont
Default Re: Creating a Cursed Were-Creature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novembermike View Post
The problem is that most other disadvantages have a constant disadvantage.
Except Dependents, Duty, Enemy, Epilepsy, Anything with a Mitagator, anything with a Self-Control Number, Phantom Voices, Split Personality, Stress Atavism, Weakness, G-Intolerance, etc...

I'd say that most disadvantages are either situational or triggered rather than constant.

The piece you're missing is that the monster you turn into is acting against your interests. If you like, you can think of the disadvantage we're proposing as a cross between Epilepsy and Enemy. The personal risk is (somewhat) less than with those disadvantages but you are a risk to everyone around you.

Last edited by aesir23; 04-07-2011 at 09:42 AM.
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:54 AM   #32
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics
 
roguebfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Melbourne FL, Formerly Wellington NZ
Default Re: Creating a Cursed Were-Creature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesir23 View Post
The piece you're missing is that the monster you turn into is acting against your interests. If you like, you can think of the advantage we're proposing as a cross between Epilepsy and Enemy. The personal risk is (somewhat) less than with those disadvantages but you are a risk to everyone around you.
The only way the beast can be used as an advantage is if you are nasty enough to put yourself in the way so that your enemy is in the beast's past when you change.
__________________
Rogue the Bronze Firelizard
Gerald Grenier, Jr. Hail Eris!
Rogue's Weyr
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:42 AM   #33
aesir23
 
aesir23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vermont
Default Re: Creating a Cursed Were-Creature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
The only way the beast can be used as an advantage is if you are nasty enough to put yourself in the way so that your enemy is in the beast's past when you change.
Sorry typo, I meant to say Disadvantage. I'll change it in the previous post.
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #34
Not another shrubbery
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: Creating a Cursed Were-Creature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCurwen3
Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for!
You're welcome. Remember the caveat in the text... It wasn't playtested. I haven't used it either, but the concept looks sound. Assuming a hypothetical AF comes out as a negative point trait, so long as you (the GM) make sure that it remains an overall disadvantage, you should be OK.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #35
JCurwen3
 
JCurwen3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Default Re: Creating a Cursed Were-Creature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
You're welcome. Remember the caveat in the text... It wasn't playtested. I haven't used it either, but the concept looks sound. Assuming a hypothetical AF comes out as a negative point trait, so long as you (the GM) make sure that it remains an overall disadvantage, you should be OK.
I guess I'll be one of the ones to playtest it then! Fingers-crossed!
__________________
-JC
JCurwen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #36
aesir23
 
aesir23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vermont
Default Re: Creating a Cursed Were-Creature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCurwen3 View Post
I guess I'll be one of the ones to playtest it then! Fingers-crossed!
Let us know how it goes. I for one would like to hear about it.
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:26 PM   #37
JCurwen3
 
JCurwen3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Default Re: Creating a Cursed Were-Creature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesir23 View Post
Let us know how it goes. I for one would like to hear about it.
Of course!
__________________
-JC
JCurwen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alternate form, disadvantage, split personality, unconscious only, uncontrollable

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.